Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOL GTR, Pt 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    ... Did John McCain touch you?
    Yes, and I still cry at night. Fortunately Marissa Miller told me it was ok and I could get back at him by voting Libertarian. I showed them...

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    give them the launch control, what did they expect?!
    They only failed to underestimate the intelligence of the US owners.
    A common enough mistake
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    A common enough mistake
    I suppose that is going to happen elsewhere too and, as Teatako, I can't see the point of a feature that if used will void the warrabty, and if used often will ruin the car (at least)
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

A common enough mistake
    im thinking you mean overestimate, but if not, then thanks for the compliment.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

thanks, yeah mistquote on my part the original was "dont underestimate the intelligence" wasn't it
    You know what I meant.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

thanks, yeah mistquote on my part the original was "dont underestimate the intelligence" wasn't it
    You know what I meant.
    Hey, we got to trash the cars and still sue them over it to recoup the losses. It's win-win.

Seriously though, I despise the lawyer happy environment over here more than I despise rosie o'donnel.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Hey, we got to trash the cars and still sue them over it to recoup the losses. It's win-win.

Seriously though, I despise the lawyer happy environment over here more than I despise rosie o'donnel.
    x2.

Although in the defense of those who blew their gearboxes to smithereens, if you call a feature "launch control" you would expect it to, I don't know, CONTROL the LAUNCH. Meaning that it should allow you to launch the car in such a way as to accelerate better than simply flooring it from a standstill while at the same time preventing damage to the drive train. I do imagine that there was some protest from the engineers about the PROBABILITY of failure if abused, but the marketing guys saw only impressive numbers followed by more impressive dollar signs.

And in my experience, and idiot is an idiot, no matter what nationality. Just because we see it fit to elect more of them to higher office doesn't mean we're complete morons.

Quote Originally Posted by SAATR View Post
    x2.

Although in the defense of those who blew their gearboxes to smithereens, if you call a feature "launch control" you would expect it to, I don't know, CONTROL the LAUNCH. Meaning that it should allow you to launch the car in such a way as to accelerate better than simply flooring it from a standstill while at the same time preventing damage to the drive train. I do imagine that there was some protest from the engineers about the PROBABILITY of failure if abused, but the marketing guys saw only impressive numbers followed by more impressive dollar signs.

And in my experience, and idiot is an idiot, no matter what nationality. Just because we see it fit to elect more of them to higher office doesn't mean we're complete morons.
    about nationality of the idiots out there, the GT-R is still not available here.

the difference between a car equipped with the LC and one without it is this: in the first you are 100% sure to launch the car at the best of its possibilities, 100% sure to void the warranty and 100% sure it would break down shortly after some starts. while in the second car, you are 75% sure you are just going to smoke your time, launching the car at 50% of its capabilities, and 100% sure to burn the clutch in a few starts.
    progress is wonderful, it gives you certainties.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 11-22-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information