Thread: Noble M600 finally getting somewhere?

Noble M600 finally getting somewhere?

First there was the M14. That was then scrapped and became the M15 (see here). Then Dyson of Dyson Racing fame got involved and everything looked positive. Then company founder and chief engineer Lee Noble had a major bust-up with Dyson (allegedly) and stormed out of the company, leaving the whole project up in the air.

There have been persistent rumours of an updated M15 and a few mysterious spyshots of a test mule. Now finally the 'new' car, going by the name of M600 has been officially confirmed as being in final testing by the Noble factory. If Noble's own boasts are to be believed, it could be one hell of a car...

Noble Automotive Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Cars
    ...The engine was in a 'detuned' state with a limited 500 bhp, but even in this 'detuned' guise we were delighted by the performance, achieving a top speed of 202 mph and a 0-100mph out accelerating the Porsche GT. Track testing was assessed against a Ford GT, Ferrari F50 and the Carrera GT. In the company of such illustrious and stiff competition the M600 was a revelation...
    The test mule looks like some kind of stealth bomber in that matte black colour.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Aiming high by parking it alongside the Carrera Gt. I wonder how it managed to keep up, and at Bonneville as well.

It looks pretty good actually. Hoping to hear more about it soon. Wonder when the final model will be released though.

forgot about this, hope they do a good job and maybe export a few
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    forgot about this, hope they do a good job and maybe export a few
    IIRC there was a way to get NOble's in the US (maybe Oz, too) thru some S. African company and you can get the stndard engine or order it engine-less. This sems less of a kit car, so the fact that they might actually have to start a serious exporting operation. That makes me think this wont be exported.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    IIRC there was a way to get NOble's in the US (maybe Oz, too) thru some S. African company and you can get the stndard engine or order it engine-less. This sems less of a kit car, so the fact that they might actually have to start a serious exporting operation. That makes me think this wont be exported.
    In fact weren't the bodies of Nobles made in South Africa? Maybe it's the same company.

As you say though, this looks much less of a kitcar. However testing it in the US maybe indicates they are designing it with US regulations in mind.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    In fact weren't the bodies of Nobles made in South Africa? Maybe it's the same company.

As you say though, this looks much less of a kitcar. However testing it in the US maybe indicates they are designing it with US regulations in mind.
    IIRC the S African company is called Superformance.
    they mostly make Shelby Cobra replicas i think.

IIRC the S African company is called Superformance.
    they mostly make Shelby Cobra replicas i think.
    I think those are the ones who make (made?) the Noble bodies too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think those are the ones who make (made?) the Noble bodies too.
    I'm not sure if they make the UK(Euro) Nobles, but they definately make the US ones.

all the bodies came from S. Africa, they were slated to go on sale here except the distributor was a subsidary of rover...so...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Nice looking supercar. Wish them the best of success.
    The only Noble dealer (no pun intended) in NZ is 20km from my house, so I hope to see a few squirting along the backroads scaring the sheep. The same guy distribute Lotus andd there's often a train of Elises and Exiges snaking through the tractors and milk tankers that terrify the district.
    (Come to think of it, the same dealer is NZ's only Pagani distributor, but I haven't seen any of those parked up outside the local RSA....bugger!)

Clutch, even if MGA didn't go under the M12 would have really struggled to make it into Australia.

Once all the crash requirements had been passed the drive-by noise was killing them, looked like would have required totally redesigned intake, exhaust and body sound deadening systems. Before the belly up they where looking at canning the project.

MGA also had the rights to Pagani here.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information