Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontiac G8 GT or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

There was a kid at my highschool who received a brand new ZR-1 for his 16th birthday. Two weeks later he was traveling at 120mph inside city limits when an old man pulled out in front of him. He was fine, the Vet was totaled, and the old man was critically injured. As soon as the insurance company paid out, his parents handed him the keys to a new Supra Turbo. It took less than a week for him to destroy the Supra. He was uninsurable until his senior year.

Don't be that kid, everybody hates that kid.

Well, to be fair, my dad's first car was an MGA, but only for a little while. He soon got a series 1 E-Type roadster. He's about as crazy as they come, and he never hurt himself or anyone else, although a friend of his did roll a Triumph TR3.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    There was a kid at my highschool who received a brand new ZR-1 for his 16th birthday. Two weeks later he was traveling at 120mph inside city limits when an old man pulled out in front of him. He was fine, the Vet was totaled, and the old man was critically injured. As soon as the insurance company paid out, his parents handed him the keys to a new Supra Turbo. It took less than a week for him to destroy the Supra. He was uninsurable until his senior year.

Don't be that kid, everybody hates that kid.
    Damn what a prick...
    And the parent's must have been either oblivious to their son's prickiness or just as irresponsible as him.

I assure all of you that I am not that kind of dude.

Leon:
    You reasoning is correct and I agree with it.

I have a feeling that I will be the kind of guy who wears gloves when he drives...
    Sigh..
    Last edited by GumballRunner; 12-01-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    I am a n00b for now, but I plan to become auto savvy the same way I became computer hardware and water-cooling savvy: through FORUMS

Hope nobody minds...

Sounds like Hulk Hogans kid....
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

So, how many of you guys have a pair of "driving gloves"?

I'm starting to remember our old 1990 Acura Legend. I loved that car! It had a 190HP V6 and "sport" transmission. It was actually the first car I ever drove (when I was 12) and I couldn't bear it when we donated it for tax deduction reasons. I always thought that it would be my first car; I would have driven it gladly...

Sigh...
    Last edited by GumballRunner; 12-01-2008 at 04:17 PM.
    I am a n00b for now, but I plan to become auto savvy the same way I became computer hardware and water-cooling savvy: through FORUMS

Hope nobody minds...

Quote Originally Posted by GumballRunner View Post
    So, how many of you guys have a pair of "driving gloves"?

I'm starting to remember our old 1990 Acura Legend. I loved that car! It had a 190HP V6 and "sport" transmission. It was actually the first car I ever drove (when I was 12) and I couldn't bear it when we donated it for tax deduction reasons. I always thought that it would be my first car; I would have driven it gladly...

Sigh...
    Only when it's freezing temperatures and I had to drive my dad's old Mercedes somewhere. The heater wasn't very good and the steering wheel would make your fingers go numb.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Here is another car that came up in conversation:
    How about the new Mustang Bullitt:
    It's quite agile, decently priced, lower on the HP, and weights only 3500lb!

The back seat is probably very cramped though...

What do you think?

BTW, did all of you see the movie "BULLITT"?

Hope nobody minds...

I don't think the rear seat is cramped in a Mustang. Not by european standards at least.

As for the Mustang I quite like it. And the simplicity sure helps learning the basics more easily.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I don't think the rear seat is cramped in a Mustang. Not by european standards at least.

As for the Mustang I quite like it. And the simplicity sure helps learning the basics more easily.
    My dad and I are six feet tall, I don't think that my mom will be able to fit in the back...or anyone else for that matter...

Well, after much pondering, of the two original choices the Pontiac G8 GT is the selection:
    It's big
    It's beefy
    It's much quicker than a Camry
    and it's more reliable than the turbocharged Evo
    The Evo's suspension will cause the car to be vibrate like hell and you can't deny it's scary acceleration

Then again, if I don't like the G8 after a test drive, things will change all over again!
    Last edited by GumballRunner; 12-01-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Hope nobody minds...

there is a Mustang GT parked under my window, as usual. I'm 6 feet tall too, and I think there now space issues in the back. besides, considering the Mustang has just been updated, it-s going to cost even less. but I don't know if it's still possible tofind a new Bullitt now.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    there is a Mustang GT parked under my window, as usual. I'm 6 feet tall too, and I think there now space issues in the back. besides, considering the Mustang has just been updated, it-s going to cost even less. but I don't know if it's still possible tofind a new Bullitt now.
    Still, no one likes to be the one sitting in the back of a coupe.
    It's all a matter of trying things out now!

Hope nobody minds...

Quote Originally Posted by GumballRunner View Post
    My dad and I are six feet tall, I don't think that my mom will be able to fit in the back...or anyone else for that matter...
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Damn tall people...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Damn tall people...
    lol
    I get that a lot

Hope nobody minds...

find a clean 944 or E36 M3, haha. imo don't even bother with a V8 of any kind, find something that's more about handling than power..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    find a clean 944 or E36 M3, haha. imo don't even bother with a V8 of any kind, find something that's more about handling than power..
    I've considered both of those, but my parents refused.

A 928
    A 944
    An M3
    An M5 (lol hypocrite)
    Several 911's

Oh well

Hope nobody minds...

Thread Information