Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontiac G8 GT or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Quote Originally Posted by GumballRunner View Post
    That's actually possible with a Chevy smallblock

MWUAHAHA!
    Maybe over teh course of a 1/4, but a constant 2000hp on the street?
    If your parents don't want you to get a manual because it is dangerous...
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I agree with your point about the driveability of the Porsche and the good handling of the Mitsu, but what do you think of the G8?
    It's 3900 lbs of steel lumbering around !!!!
    The 3400 of an Evo is the equvalent of always carrying around three large mates as passengers
    THat affects handling.
    I love the idea of having a 2000HP M5 killer via twin turbo! Can't wait to get some Carbon Fiber to cover that L76!
    Was with you and seriously trying to help until that comment.
    How old are you really ?????
    Get a Ford Taurus
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Do you really need 2,000 bhp to "kill" a M5 though? A M5 will do 0-100 km/h in 4.7 seconds, whereas a G8 GT will do it in 5.3 with a good driver at the wheel. 4.7 seconds 0-100 sprint isn't so spectacular either, considering the car has 507 bhp.

I highly doubt you can get 2,000 bhp out of that engine, even if you throw in a considerable wad of cash in tuning (several thousands).
    I just imagine how fun it would be to watch a snobby guy in an M5 get killed by a Pontiac (standing for Poor Old *Black Dude* Thinks It's A Cadillac)
    I am a n00b for now, but I plan to become auto savvy the same way I became computer hardware and water-cooling savvy: through FORUMS

Hope nobody minds...

I highly doubt you can get 2,000 bhp out of that engine, even if you throw in a considerable wad of cash in tuning (several thousands).
    Tens of thousands, Jaques Cousteau.
    EDIT: Easily more dough than a 3 Series on car+mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Get a Ford Taurus
    SATAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Tens of thousands, Jaques Cousteau.
    EDIT: Easily more dough than a 3 Series on car+mods.
    It's not even possible anyway.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Was with you and seriously trying to help until that comment.
    How old are you really ?????
    Get a Ford Taurus
    I'm 16, and Carbon Fiber is an effective way to lighten a car and should not be associated with rice burners...in the case of the G8 it would be easy to get it down to the 3400lbs of the Evo X. The 50/50 weight distribution of the G8 in combo with the RWD config and some CF will make it out-handle an Evo with a good driver.

Ford Taurus?

Don't be hostile now...

P.S. Example of a 2000+HP upgrade for an LS engine (The L76 is basically an LS2 with cylinder shutoff): Turbo-Kits.com - Small Block Chevy Twin Turbo Kits
    Although the hood would never look the same with those giant snail-shells...
    Last edited by GumballRunner; 11-30-2008 at 12:28 PM.
    I am a n00b for now, but I plan to become auto savvy the same way I became computer hardware and water-cooling savvy: through FORUMS

Hope nobody minds...

If this was serious I'd probably go with the G8. Big and comfortable with a big V8 and rear drive fun. The fact that it's auto only would annoy me though.

The Mitusbishi is probably to much of a focused car to be a first car and a daily driver. To noisy on the motorway and the stiff suspension will be a nightmare in bumpy roads.

As for the Porsche not really a good idea too difficult and dangerous for a first car.

But seeing how the thread has developed I'm with Matra and his Taurus suggestion.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's not even possible anyway.
    It'd be possible for the <10 secs to do the 1/4, but beyond that you're right.

I'm 16, and Carbon Fiber is an effective way to lighten a car and should not be associated with rice burners...in the case of the G8 it would be easy to get it down to the 3400lbs of the Evo X. The 50/50 weight distribution of the G8 in combo with the RWD config and some CF will make it out-handle an Evo with a good driver.
    Right. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace the G8 panels with carbon fibre? Obviously you haven't got a clue.

P.S. Example of a 2000+HP upgrade: Turbo-Kits.com - Small Block Chevy Twin Turbo Kits
    You realize that's made for drag racing right... and requires several engine re-builds? You can't drive that on the street.

I don't mean to be an ass but at 16 I was driving a Cobalt, and I managed to do stupid things with 152 bhp - and I'm not a bad driver at all - now I'm nearly 19 and still drive a Cobalt, trust me your ideas are overkill for a first car, get a Civic (or a Taurus), learn to drive properly, then maybe start thinking about owning a G8 or a 911.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

What's with the Taurus? Wouldn't it be preferred to tell me to get a Honda Civic?

Your insults bounce off my impenetrable stubbornness!

Hope nobody minds...

Right. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace the G8 panels with carbon fibre? Obviously you haven't got a clue.

You realize that's made for drag racing right... and requires several engine re-builds? You can't drive that on the street.

I don't mean to be an ass but at 16 I was driving a Cobalt, and I managed to do stupid things with 152 bhp - and I'm not a bad driver at all - now I'm nearly 19 and still drive a Cobalt, trust me your ideas are overkill for a first car, get a Civic (or a Taurus), learn to drive properly, then maybe start thinking about owning a G8 or a 911.
    I don't plan on upgrading the car until I'm out of college for a good 8 years, when I will be able to afford the CF and turbochargers. Thanks for clarifying that that twin-turbo kit was for drag racing...I didn't know lol. That's why I'm here: to learn. So, if 2000HP is far out, what do you guys think of 800HP?

BTW, I'm not the kind of dude to do stupid $H1T in a car. I respect power and my parents know it.

P.S. This is the fastest I've ever seen a thread grow!
    Last edited by GumballRunner; 11-30-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Hope nobody minds...

BTW, I'm not the kind of dude to do stupid $H1T in a car. I respect power and my parents know it.
    Honestly, you can get into trouble very easily with very little power. And despite most of us being sensible and safe drivers we've all done some sutpidities in the past. Because even if in your first days with a license you'll take everything with a lot of care eventually you'll want to explore the limits of your car. We've all been there at some point in our lives. And the inexprience will make you make mistakes, and the most powerful and tricky the car is the most probable it is it'll end badly.

I don't want to be hostile, but if you want us to take you seriously please don't talk as if you were an ass. All that carbonfibre and twin turbo malarkey is pure nonsense.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't plan on upgrading the car until I'm out of college for a good 8 years, when I will be able to afford the CF and turbochargers.

Why didn't you mention that to begin with? You killed your own credibility by making it sound like you wanted to do all of that straight away.

And BTW in 8 years if you are to turbocharge a car don't expect ridiculous numbers like you just mentioned, real life ≠ Gran Turismo/Forza Motorsport. The key is to get the best balance between power and driveability. What's the point of owning a 2,000 bhp drag racer if you are to use it to go from daddy's place to, say, your girlfriend's? You won't even be able to drive it at all, anyway.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

you will do it. why? because you are a young male with a bunch of HP. i did do it, and i still do. i am responsible about it, but i know my limits at this point, and ive written off several cars along the way.

you asked for advice from forum members, then argue with them about it. we get at least a 16 year old a month looking for what 1000 hp car he shoudl get when his parents buy it for him. we have gone through all of this before. if you dont want the advice we are giving, then go away. if you truely do, then please be a bit more amicable.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Guys, I appreciate your comments and find them useful. My responses are for the sake of argument and I mean no harm.

Sorry if I came off as an ass; I guess I got a little excited when I saw that turbo kit... LeMans GT cars were on my mind!

Hope nobody minds...

Thread Information