11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    what about a G37S coupe or sedan?
    fanboy
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    fanboy
    He does make an excellent point.

same hp as an evo, with rwd instead of awd. same arguement.

fanboy
    can you blame me? i learned how to drive on one and i currently drive one. It runs like a bat out of hell and it handles great, its got lots of power and is reliable. i love her. its a nice lux car not too big and you can get it stick. I looked at a g8 the other day and i would like a nice big V8 but i like the lux touch that the pontiac just didn't have. i went to test drive a wrx sti the other day and the dealer would allow me to test it, in fact they said no one can test it because it is a liability because apparently 305 horsepower is too much to handle yet my g35 is pushing 260 to the rear. i tested a 135i and that pushed 300 horses with 300 ftlbs starting @ 1800 rpm. they let me test that no questions ask. 135i is a nice lil car but if you want a 4 door then g37S, 330 horsepower and it can be stick. a 335 but they are pricey. or go used

same hp as an evo, with rwd instead of awd. same arguement.

not at all. get your facts straight. more horsepower then an evo and its a sport luxury sedan so it rides nicer and is civilized. granted it might not handle as well. it still handles well. also it can be awd.

CMC,

don't you have a 2006 G35 coupe 6MT?
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 11-30-2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    can you blame me? i learned how to drive on one and i currently drive one. It runs like a bat out of hell and it handles great, its got lots of power and is reliable. i love her. its a nice lux car not too big and you can get it stick. I looked at a g8 the other day and i would like a nice big V8 but i like the lux touch that the pontiac just didn't have. i went to test drive a wrx sti the other day and the dealer would allow me to test it, in fact they said no one can test it because it is a liability because apparently 305 horsepower is too much to handle yet my g35 is pushing 260 to the rear. i tested a 135i and that pushed 300 horses with 300 ftlbs starting @ 1800 rpm. they let me test that no questions ask. 135i is a nice lil car but if you want a 4 door then g37S, 330 horsepower and it can be stick. a 335 but they are pricey. or go used
    He doesn't want a manual
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Indeed, the moral of this story, Gumball, is to twin-turbo a Sigma.
    You might just get it out of the negative horsepower range.
    Drop a turbo Starion engine in and you'd be flying! its the dream..

i just fixed it david.

and yes, i do have a g35 6mt. i also dont think i'd give one to my 16 yr old. (i dont have any children, just figuratively). my wife and i have discussed it what car for a young driver for if/when we have kids, and we both agree that a small truck or an old volvo would be ideal.

i also plan on having them take driving lessons, and do autox starting about the time they get their license. what i have learned in my 10+ years of driving is that while a fast car is great, car control over any car you are driving is what will let you go fast, and will keep you alive.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I actually originally suggested a Honda Civic to my parents as a first car (an Si Sedan). My dad doesn't like it, nor does he like the Corolla, Matrix, but he doesn't mind the Lancer...much. When we went to the Pontiac dealership, he and my mom fell in love with the G8.

Funny story:
    We went to a Mitsu dealership right after to sit in an Evo. My back didn't fit in the Recaro seats, and then I approached another one. It was locked so I pulled on the door lock from the inside...the alarm blazes and my mom immediately blurts "This is sign that this car is not for you"

LOL

Superstitious woman she is...

I have actually driven my dad's 2000 Honda Odyssey with 210HP and I like the heavy feel and it's respectable ability to accelerate. I also drove my mom's 2006 Toyota Camry with 170HP. I don't know if it's the drive-by-wire system messing things up, but the thing has noticeable trouble getting past 40 MPH. Even my mom, a frail little woman, complains that she needs more cylinders in a car. The Camry's brakes are also very light and are too sensitive for me.

After reading much of the G8 (3900lbs vs the 4500lb Odyssey), I picked up that it's brake pedal is much like the one in the minivan, and that I can assume that something actually happens when you press the pedal down after 40MPH.
    Last edited by GumballRunner; 11-30-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    I am a n00b for now, but I plan to become auto savvy the same way I became computer hardware and water-cooling savvy: through FORUMS

Hope nobody minds...

i just fixed it david.
    Yeah I saw that. Twisted irony ftw though.

i also plan on having them take driving lessons, and do autox starting about the time they get their license. what i have learned in my 10+ years of driving is that while a fast car is great, car control over any car you are driving is what will let you go fast, and will keep you alive.
    Yep, exactly.

And let's be honest, all young drivers will "try out" their parents' car, or their own car, floor it somewhere, just to get an adrenaline boost. It better be with an old Volvo that tops at 130 km/h than with a G8 that will reach well over 200 km/h (unless GM limited it, which I don't know if they did - and I don't care, frankly).

I admit I did max out my parents' car when I was 16 so I know what I'm speaking about. I'm glad it was locked at 180 km/h, because frankly that is a very scary speed to drive to on your first ever night out driving. Just to prove how stupid and inexperienced teenagers can be.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

You all make good points...
    I haven't been in a car alone yet...
    I am a n00b for now, but I plan to become auto savvy the same way I became computer hardware and water-cooling savvy: through FORUMS

Hope nobody minds...

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Yeah I saw that. Twisted irony ftw though.

Yep, exactly.

And let's be honest, all young drivers will "try out" their parents' car, or their own car, floor it somewhere, just to get an adrenaline boost. It better be with an old Volvo that tops at 130 km/h than with a G8 that will reach well over 200 km/h (unless GM limited it, which I don't know if they did - and I don't care, frankly).

I admit I did max out my parents' car when I was 16 so I know what I'm speaking about. I'm glad it was locked at 180 km/h, because frankly that is a very scary speed to drive to on your first ever night out driving. Just to prove how stupid and inexperienced teenagers can be.
    yeah, my first car was an E30 325. i did 105 on a very dangerous road with a quite a bit of traffic my first week with a license. that car was wrecked within 3 weeks. got it repaired, then 6 weeks later it was totaled. long story, but one of the main reasons i am a proponent of getting a car you dont care for for your first car.

i accept the fact that kids with cars are going to be dumb. and you shoudl prepare for that to happen, both by lessons, and limiting the potential destruction caused by said car.

I've looked at the G37S and the G37x coupes. I really like them, but the fact is that they are super-pricey and not as practical as the G8 in my opinion. My short term wish is to drive my parents around the tri-state area, and my mom won't like being cramped behind my 6'1" dad in a coupe.

My mom once wanted an FX35 and I remember that the interior was INCREDIBLE. I love the little analog clock on the center console.

BTW, anybody watch Top Gear?

Hope nobody minds...

Quote Originally Posted by GumballRunner View Post
    BTW, anybody watch Top Gear?
    Sure do.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...-spoilers.html
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Great show...
    I like the review of the Audi-era Lamborghini Gallardo and the mention of the old woman he scared to death:
    YouTube - Top Gear-Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Hope nobody minds...

Thread Information