Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car of the Year Awards 2008 [PLEASE READ FIRST]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The best thing you can do is try cars yourself.
    I actually had something to that effect written in the above post but deleted it. However, I am not in the market for a new car and I look too young and am not bold enough to test drive cars.

That's what family and friends are there for...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I actually had something to that effect written in the above post but deleted it. However, I am not in the market for a new car and I look too young and am not bold enough to test drive cars.
    Wait, seriously? How old are you? I'm 26 and I've test driven some pretty nice cars, even after driving up in my Jeep (a real 4x4, chipped paint, crooked fenders, etc.) Although I have noticed I get better results with my dad's truck than my Jeep.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That's what family and friends are there for...
    Yeah I did get to drive that 325 Ci that my friend's dad had as I've alluded to and backed up his C5... I bet he'd let her boyfriend drive it (he's also my friend) if he wanted and I'd absolutely love to drive it but there's no way I am gonna ask to. The only other cars that are sorta neat I'd want to drive are my buddy's parent's RLs and a family friend's 360 '70 Dart. I drove my buddy's Crown Vic for a bit which was a blast but I never drove his Brougham for some reason - he sold it before I ever did. Actually, another friend's Dad has an Midget and another friend's dad has a Triumph TR5 and GT(?) and I got a ride in the TR5. So I guess there is some potential there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Wait, seriously? How old are you? I'm 26 and I've test driven some pretty nice cars, even after driving up in my Jeep (a real 4x4, chipped paint, crooked fenders, etc.) Although I have noticed I get better results with my dad's truck than my Jeep.
    I am not 26 but younger than you but I could pass for 16 or 17 probably especially clean shaven. I think I'd feel more confident when done university or in grad school or whatever when I am actually somewhat respectable from a professional standpoint and I suppose I could try to use the geezer's TL to drive up.

Thread Information