Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2009 Z4 watch

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    don't know, it seems good, but also less promising for as regards driving dynamics, it looks more "girly", so I'm not expecting razor blade handling and so on. something more "safe".

the Z3 Coupè (no matter of the engine) is still hit-able on a higher level
    That was BMW being bold and getting it right at the same time.

Quite rare these days.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Just got some high-res shots from bimmerpost.com, attached.

Overall I'd say it looks better. The omission of the line from the A-pillars to the arches doing wonders. The downside is that the car somehow manages to look much heavier, though that could be because of the folding hardtop.

For the full collection, go here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They eliminated everything I liked about the original version...looks like a total chick car now IMO. Still way better styling than the Ferrari California....the douchebag Hollywood real estate wives at least have an option of what to drive now between the two..

This car is just wrong. It's almost as wrong as the Ferrari California.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I actually don't understand if they wanted to make it look like a classic car, s for the Z4, or if they wanted to make it even more futuristic and "abstract" like the Z4.
    It's quite a mess. I wouldn't say it's ugly, but probably "wrong" fits well.

regarding the folding top...I don't know if they still add that much weight, but surely they steal space to the boot, and this boot in particular is already very small, I would have go for the usual soft top.
    point is that supercars lof various brands demonstrated you don't need a metal roof to go fast, but "cool" cars like the SLK demonstrated you look much better with a metal roof instead of a fabric one.

so in the end, what do we have here?
    BMW dismissed the CSL, is readying M versions of its X line-up, is expanding its X line-up, has putted a folding top to its smaller and lighter roadster.
    I could add something else, but this are the "latest" news.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Not feeling it

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    so in the end, what do we have here?
    BMW dismissed the CSL, is readying M versions of its X line-up, is expanding its X line-up, has putted a folding top to its smaller and lighter roadster.
    I could add something else, but this are the "latest" news.
    That's just depressing. I loved the original Z3 and the M Roadster (my neighbor had one, I literally drooled on it when he revved the engine for me, but wiped it off before he noticed.) What's happening to BMW?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I guess the Z3/Z4 was the sports car in BMW's range and although not super-purebred (it was still luxurious as far as I gather) it was still the most sport like and could run with Caymans and things of that ilk - other luxy-sporty cars (but these were arguably sport/performance first). Now it seems more to me like an SLK - luxury first, sport second and the fatness and foldy roof seem to prove that.

I also think and have mentioned before that it is hideous - the previous wasn't great but compared to this it was the Mona Lisa as opposed to a lewd picture of a large breasted woman scratched into the stall of a men's restroom.

Thread Information