Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Mazda 3

nice peugot.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The high belt-lines and general fatness of design are more worrying to me.
    Apology accepted
    Yeah, most definitely, and those two traits seem to be more and more apparent in a lot of new designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There are still some cars that look good though.
    Oh, of course there are, but personally I dislike more new cars released for the past few model years than I have since the 80s shipping box designs that plagued everyone. Audi however, are getting it right. Every one of their designs (since they tamed the new grill a bit) has been sleek, classy, and beautiful; Q7 excluded of course.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!

This is just done with MS paint, maybe I'll do it better at work tomorrow, but you get the idea. I think it would have looked better.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    This is just done with MS paint,
    thanks captain obvious
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Oh, of course there are, but personally I dislike more new cars released for the past few model years than I have since the 80s shipping box designs that plagued everyone. Audi however, are getting it right. Every one of their designs (since they tamed the new grill a bit) has been sleek, classy, and beautiful; Q7 excluded of course.
    I'm sorry I can't like Audis... (altough the A5 looks quite good)

A modern car that looks good? The Alfa Romeo Brera.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    nice peugot.
    That's why it's ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm sorry I can't like Audis... (altough the A5 looks quite good)

A modern car that looks good? The Alfa Romeo Brera.
    The Truth.

About this car and its design, I am quite disappointed, I was hooping in something more innovative, something seriously bringing to the road all those details trends seen in their astonishing series of concepts.
    There are a lot of bits from their last one, the Kiyora, but it's simply not enough to really distinguish this from the average car of its segment.

Besides, creating such a huge air intake in the front was possibly the worst idea, no one liked this approach with the Peugeot 307 mk2/308, why iterate it?

the new 6 already received some critiques from its smiling face, and even if the design of the 3 was completely defined probably since at least a couple of years, I think they could have made some smaller changes, just to adjust it and make it a little more sporty and less cartoon-like.

When I firstly saw the 3 Sedan, I hoped it was a case of very different design between two cars with the same name but sold in basically different markets. I was wrong, too bad.

In my opinion Mazda lost a great occasion to show us something really interesting and involving even being an everyday car. They chose to play it safe, so to avoid the more conservative customers from switching to other makers, but honestly, did the previous 3 sold so well?
    not here, that's for sure, so why no to try something new, something sticking, at least to attract the younger buyers?

now they appear like all the other car makers who unveil astonishing concept cars, and then turn them into average and disappointing road going versions.
    I still hope that in the future they will realize this, but since they don't have another new car to unveil anytime soon, I will be a long way.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

they made the mazda 2 look quite funky. the revised mazda 6 is great. i suppose they had to stuff one of them up

The 2 looks good and it's even interesting from a design point of view. the 6 is good, but nothing really impressive to look at. probably one of the best to buy in that range of price if you are going to do plenty of miles.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

i like what they did with the furai inspired lights on the 6, much nicer than the rather plain older version.

Thread Information