View Poll Results: 5 super cars, which do u choose?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • carrera GT

11 23.91%
  • zonda F

18 39.13%
  • maserati MC12

14 30.43%
  • koenigsegg

17 36.96%
  • enzo

15 32.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: battle between zonda f, enzo, carrera GT, koenigsegg and MC12 at the nurburgring...

a UFO?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The Auto X bonne.

With a 1.8teee
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    a UFO?
    good one.lol.
    MITSUBISHI EVO VII OR IX...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    The Auto X bonne.

With a 1.8teee
    ftmfw!
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

"Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    not really tiny... just short.
    It's just the right size.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by yungtris77 View Post
    tiny? an S2000 is tiny. one of the older imprezas. they are tiny...
    I'm not sure you can compare a Veyon and S2000 over size differences. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    It's just the right size.
    And weighs more than a stripper F150. I was actually kind of surprised at how loud it is inside, too. Car and Driver has it louder than an ACR (not saying that's really bad, mind you, just surprising.) I respect the car, but it's far from my favorite.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    But the Veyron IS a complete package, its not just for straight line speed.
    Maybe, but its top speed became so overhyped that everything else was irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Ferrer, can you read my mind?
    Great minds think alike.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wouldn't expect the Veyron to be fastest, just curious to see what it would do. Seemed awfully fast on the TG track. The Stig had it understeering pretty badly; perhaps Tiff's method of slight drifting (with the ESP off) might help to tighten the line, who knows.
    For brakes, the Veyron seems pretty impressive from what I've seen. By Autocar's 0-100-0 stats, it stops faster than the CGT, Enzo, Zonda (S, not F), and Caterham CSR 260. It also did much better than the GT3 RS in C&D's fade resistance tests from 70 mph. Not the same thing as numerous 150-90 stops on a long lap on the 'Ring, but still very surprising results nevertheless. (The GT3 RS's distance grew after each stop, to +27 feet from the first one; the Veyron fluctuated around +/- 2 feet .)

Quote Originally Posted by yungtris77 View Post
    the veyron is complete package? i beg to differ. i like the GT2. veyron is big, very quick but heavy and consumes fuel at an alarming rate. YouTube - James May does 253 Mph in a Veyron at top speed, the fuel runs out in 12 minutes....
    You never saw how much the other cars consume at top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i'd imagine servicing the veyron is very excessive too, not that it would matter if you can afford to buy one.
    iirc changing the tires was like $30k?
    yeah, and you have to hip the damaged/worn one directly to Molsheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
    I wouldn't expect the Veyron to be fastest, just curious to see what it would do. Seemed awfully fast on the TG track. The Stig had it understeering pretty badly; perhaps Tiff's method of slight drifting (with the ESP off) might help to tighten the line, who knows.
    For brakes, the Veyron seems pretty impressive from what I've seen. By Autocar's 0-100-0 stats, it stops faster than the CGT, Enzo, Zonda (S, not F), and Caterham CSR 260. It also did much better than the GT3 RS in C&D's fade resistance tests from 70 mph. Not the same thing as numerous 150-90 stops on a long lap on the 'Ring, but still very surprising results nevertheless. (The GT3 RS's distance grew after each stop, to +27 feet from the first one; the Veyron fluctuated around +/- 2 feet .)
    for high speed breaking, the Veyron has an advantage on some cars, since a big part of the breaking power is generated by the adjustable rear wing, so breaks are not going to be as stressed as on other cars. this without considering the Veyron weights two times the other cars.

for as regards the comparison with the GT3 RS, I suppose the Porsche wasn't equipped with carbo-ceramics breaks.

if it wasn't for the top speed, the Veyron would have been just the ultimate upgrade of a Bentley Continental GT.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

On the Nurburgring, MC12 Corse will be faster
    It is closer to the racing car.

Quote Originally Posted by Drones View Post
    On the Nurburgring, MC12 Corse will be faster
    It is closer to the racing car.
    it's actually better than the racing car having no air restrictors and bigger wing, just to say a couple of differences..

besides, it's not road legal (and I don't care if Edo Competition has made it road legal or ttried to do that).
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 12-09-2008 at 04:15 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    for as regards the comparison with the GT3 RS, I suppose the Porsche wasn't equipped with carbo-ceramics breaks.
    That one was equipped with the carbon ceramics. Looking at the GT2 test, that GT3 RS may have been an anomaly. The GT2 was as consistent as the Veyron and on average stopped only 3 feet shorter than the Bugatti.

I'd vote the Zonda F, but for an everyday car I really wouldn't think it would be a practical car to drive about, would be rather interesting but it really isn't that practical, for the fun adrenaline hair on fire excitement, it has to be the Zonda. Cause' James May cannot control that thing at all, lol
    All bowlers need a 'Hammond Step-up'

"Do you think we'll actually find a communist Car that we actually like?" - James May

Thread Information