Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfa-Romeo 8C

31 68.89%
  • Aston Martin DBS

14 31.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alfa-Romeo 8C vs. Aston Martin DBS

I think the looks of the DBS are not the best out of Gaydon. Looks a bit like a tuner-job imo. Also read the handling isn't the best. I would much rather have a DB9 or V8Vantage(the most beautiful) if it were to be an Aston. For me the 8C wins hands down. Not the best handling either, but looks are are just in a class of its own.
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

Why not the DB9? i never really liked the DBSs vents and other aerodinamic apendices.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I know the 8C isn't too good to drive from what I hear.

I just can't help myself though, if I had the money I'd buy an 8C and just admire the thing all day long. It could have had a couple of bricks in place of a proper engine and I still would've bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Why not the DB9? i never really liked the DBSs vents and other aerodinamic apendices.
    That's the problem for me with the DBS too.

I think I'd take the Alfa, annoying gearbox and all.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Alfa-Romeo 8C vs. Aston Martin DBS

Both are, using TOP GEAR's standard, as Cool as the surface of the planet Pluto.

Both sell in the US for about $300K

Both are 0-60 just above four seconds.

Both are two of the most attractive cars of the decade.

So which one?

As always, what colour? Also bear in mind that the Alfa is only available in red, metallic red and black. As I understand the only limitation on the Aston is your imagination.
    the Alfa is available also in yellow (even if the image posted is of a pre-production car IIRC (see Maserati's rims) and in light blue.
    black and dark red (not simply metallic) are available with a pearl-ish effect too (maybe just the black, can't remember)

nothing has been said about the Spider's colors up to know.

At first I thought the DBS was available only in Lightning Gray, the usual AMR Green and Infa Red, but it seems that I was wrong, since NSXType-R shooted a car in black, for example.

In Italy the Alfa was supposed to be sold at about 180.000 euro, the DBS costs 230.000 euro.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    This is too difficult, therefore I plan on having both.
    basically, I agree.
    After all, they have some differences to help us to choose.
    The DBS has a presence on the road very evident, and aggressive. it's loud and proud to be the angry sister of the DB9.
    being also strictly based on the DB9, it also immediately evident the car is built as an everyday car, more comfort, more details (inside and outside), it's, I would say, more complete.

the 8C Competizione is subtler, more elegant and perhaps female. It's not very complicated, it's just a beautiful body. the surfaces are plan, the bends are easy on the eye and voluptuous.
    inside the car is pretty simple, and again the idea of something made of just one single piece comes back again, beginning with the aluminum cockpit.
    and even if this car too is based on another one (the Maserati Granturismo/S to be precise), their relationship is merely technical.
    so it's quite evident the Alfa is first of all a limited edition of a work of art, not a car, and that's also why I don't care how it handles in the end, it's a car you want first of all to own, driving is not the first thing the comes to mind. And I appreciate that.

the DBS can even be not perfect car to drive, with some lacks in terms of handling or driving performance, but I guess it's not what that car is all about.
    It's another kind of work of art, one that you want to own, as the 8C, but even to drive, brutally fast. but this is not a GT3 RS, or an Audi R8, there is no way a DBS owner (averagely of course) will take it to the local track to smoke the tires and so on. it's a GT, first of all, as the DB9 itself.

that's why I want both.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Yeah, I saw that pic too. Can you get your actual production model Spider in white/silver though? or red, metallic red, black too. or neither. or all of them?
    as I posted in another thread, they just started working on the 8C Spider. the first soft top was (manually and difficulty) mounted about a month ago, and there is a lot of work still to be done.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The Alfa looks much better than the DBS...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Do you have a sauce on that? I´ve seen pictures of a yellow and a white one, and I recently had a little debate on that matter.
    This is to the best of my knowledge. On the Alfa website at one point they showed the car in yellow, but US dealers don't have ordering info for that colour (which isn't to say that a few won't come to the US). Someone else mentioned light blue, but I've never seen or heard anything about that. I'm going by US spec which is red, metallic red and black. If someone INSISTS on voting for the Alfa and saying they'd only get it in, say orange, so be it. The UCP Police aren't going to come to your house and beat you into a coma with tire irons.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Someone else mentioned light blue, but I've never seen or heard anything about that.
    Visca Catalunya!

Alfa 8C.
    Red.

Period.

Alfa Romeo 8C without doubt, the Aston Martin is a gorgeous car but the Alfa takes it to another level and no cars have more soul, than Italian cars.
    Team Fiattitude

8C all the way.

Tough call, since they're both great looking. The 8c is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen, but by most accounts not as much fun to drive, so I figure 8c for the girlfriend and DBS for me. Then we can switch when we want.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Ferrer what is the gearbox's problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    He has a problem with the whole car.

He always has problems with cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    It's a stupid flappy paddle gearbox.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information