Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pando's E34

Quote Originally Posted by dul View Post
    Whats wrong with listening to me?
    Well I'd end up with well mixed and half cooked groceries when coming from the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by dul View Post
    Well got to give my congrats here as well..

But as I said if you take it on a road trip to Finland, i certanly will come as a co-driver, atleast for some of the way (or all), if i dont own a car by then, and if i do,
    i will come and race you
    Let me guess, in a plane, train and bus? Oh, noes!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    Well I'd end up with well mixed and half cooked groceries when coming from the store.
    Perfect car then.

By the time you got home you'd have half the work done.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Perfect car then.

By the time you got home you'd have half the work done.
    I guess, if you like omelets.
    - Are YOU listed? -

You just put em under the bonnet with the dog

Let me guess, in a plane, train and bus? Oh, noes!
    You've watched too much Top Gear now, whats the point racing you in a plane, that would just be boring for me.. I mean when i buy a car, i'll race you, and kick your ass..
    Did anybody was there?

just discovered this thread , drooling now
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

...and trouble arrives.

Three days after I bought the car I was stopped by the police, just a routine check of the papers and we discovered that I was driving without valid insurance which had ran out the week before. I explained to them that I just bought the car and honestly didn't know the insurance had ran out since I first decided to buy the car. The previous owner hadn't mentioned it either and as far as I can read people that was an honest mistake from his behalf too. It all happened only a few hundred yards from my house the police just said that I should return it home and not use it until I have renewed the insurance. Case closed - I thought.

Yesterday, the previous owner got a fine to his house for the incident, a fine of 1500€! Now we've been sorting out what to do. Which sucks however it turns out. From what I've learned, legally the responsibility should be his as the car was still in his name during that time, but I like to consider myself a good guy and to leave him to pay the fine just wouldn't be fair. So we'll see how that turns out and whatever agreement we reach. A smaller fine wouldn't have been a problem, but I like to consider this a significant amount.

So, after having a bad day at work today I was headed back to my car and some punk kids, I assume, had pried off the rear M-badge with a sharp metallic object, leaving half the trunk with scratches.

So I'm real ****ing happy right now.
    - Are YOU listed? -

1500€!!! I didn't know it was that high of a fine for driving without insurance.

It also sucks for the badge, some people just don't respect other's possesions.
    Visca Catalunya!

I reccomend a pitbull in the trunk. Seriously, though, that sucks man. My sympathies.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

apart from the dismay this causes you I am actually surprised that it can happen. I thought that you CANNOT use anybody else his insurance on a car that is in your name. As soon as the car is legally yours, you have to tell your insurance company that the car should be insured in your name and the previous owner has to report to his company that he has no longer possession of the car. His insurance costs will be settled with the premium for his new car, and if he choose not to renew his policy he will receive the money back for the period that he had already paid for.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

1500€!!! I didn't know it was that high of a fine for driving without insurance.

It also sucks for the badge, some people just don't respect other's possesions.
    Yeah, I guess they are trying to be tough on the people that they "catch" as from what I've heard driving without an insurance, licenses etc. is fairly "common" here.

Also as the insurance costs a lot more here than in Finland for instance, especially if you're young. There are many companies that don't even insure you if you're under 25.

For my car I pay about 850€ now for the first year, which isn't that much about the car as the insurance for a 1.2 3-door Clio would've only been around 300€ less. That's for the most basic insurance which won't do squat if, let's say some kids damage your car.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    apart from the dismay this causes you I am actually surprised that it can happen. I thought that you CANNOT use anybody else his insurance on a car that is in your name. As soon as the car is legally yours, you have to tell your insurance company that the car should be insured in your name and the previous owner has to report to his company that he has no longer possession of the car. His insurance costs will be settled with the premium for his new car, and if he choose not to renew his policy he will receive the money back for the period that he had already paid for.
    Well the thing was that I was going to do all the paperwork within a weeks time after I got the car, because I had to do it on my island. The following workday after the incident I insured the car in my name, and two days later finished the rest of the paperwork. During the days that passed I would've been insured by his insurance as the car would be officially his, we assumed.
    Last edited by Pando; 01-15-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    - Are YOU listed? -

Yeah, I guess they are trying to be tough on the people that they "catch" as from what I've heard driving without an insurance, licenses etc. is fairly "common" here.

Also as the insurance costs a lot more here than in Finland for instance, especially if you're young. There are many companies that don't even insure you if you're under 25.

For my car I pay about 850€ now for the first year, which isn't that much about the car as the insurance for a 1.2 3-door Clio would've only been around 300€ less. That's for the most basic insurance which won't do squat if, let's say some kids damage your car.
    850€ is excellent for the M5. That about what we pay for the 118d (), altough everything is covered. But I know which one I'd rather have...
    Visca Catalunya!

Well the thing was that I was going to do all the paperwork within a weeks time after I got the car, because I had to do it on my island. The following workday after the incident I insured the car in my name, and two days later finished the rest of the paperwork. During the days that passed I would've been insured by his insurance as the car would be officially his, we assumed.
    But still, on the day before I was going to pick up my new car, I phoned my insurance company and told them about the details, to make sure the car would be properly insured. No paperwork, just a phone call and it was done. Probably easier for me because I already had an insurance policy though.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

850€ is excellent for the M5. That about what we pay for the 118d (), altough everything is covered.
    It's insured as a 535i by the way... doing it the Latin way.

I can't remember exactly how much I used to pay in Finland, but I think even when I first got my first car and insurance when I got the license I paid waaay less. Even significantly less than they quoted the Clio for.

But I know which one I'd rather have...
    Bah, I'm sure you paid way more for your car than you would have to do for one of these and the price difference can get you a long way in petrol. Where there is a will...

Also here on the islands petrol is dirt cheap, I'm filling up with premium for around €0.65/l these days.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Probably easier for me because I already had an insurance policy though.
    True, I had never stepped foot in an insurance office here before.

---

I've attached a few shots of the six, which still purrs in the loveliest possible way *knocks on wood* and the missing badge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Are YOU listed? -

that is a very clean engine bay for an older car. looks nice.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

850€ is excellent for the M5. That about what we pay for the 118d (), altough everything is covered. But I know which one I'd rather have...
    The Tractor?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information