Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: will europe and east asia be devasted if...

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    yes it is

data is skewed due to billionaires in the united states

nice try though
    Nobody said wealth had to be evenly distributed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Nobody said wealth had to be evenly distributed.
    Wrong. See Marx, Karl and Engels, Freiderich, The Communist Manifesto.

I can't recall if it calls directly for perfectly even wealth distribution however - it's been a while since I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Wrong. See Marx, Karl and Engels, Freiderich, The Communist Manifesto.
    Been there, tried that, epic fail.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    When?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

USSR (that whole cold war thing), China (before they went quasi-capitalist), Cuba
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Not true commies, in my book.

as close as we've seen on a wide scale on this planet

out of curiousity, what could they have done to have a more "true" communist system outside of not giving special privileges to party members?
    Last edited by roosterjuicer; 12-16-2008 at 07:37 PM.

as close as we've seen on a wide scale on this planet
    I'm just being devil's advocate now but...
    I would argue that communism does not translate to federal states (Yeah yeah, I know China isn't). The biggest it's gotten are kibbutzim in Isreal.
    I don't think a political party can truly be commies.

EDIT: IMO state-based communism is not humanly possible, so they couldn't have done much.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 12-16-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    EDIT: IMO communism is not humanly possible, so they couldn't have done much.
    Thats why I never wave the flag for cold fusion

It's like anarchy. Too close to the extremes to be plausible and unhypocritical.
    this is interesting: The Political Compass - Test
    Your political compass:
    Economic Left/Right: -4.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92
    pcgraphpng.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 12-16-2008 at 07:54 PM.

interesting thing there. I thought some of the questions were pretty silly and definitely left leaning in general however I liked how it was seperated into 4 squares instead of the usual left/right. One thing I wish is that there was a neutral answer in between agree and disagree because I wanted to answer that for a lot of them.

I couldn't figure out how to attach it, it says its an improper file name or something. but im pretty similar to yours only on the opposite side and above the line.

interesting thing there. I thought some of the questions were pretty silly and definitely left leaning in general however I liked how it was seperated into 4 squares instead of the usual left/right. One thing I wish is that there was a neutral answer in between agree and disagree because I wanted to answer that for a lot of them.

I couldn't figure out how to attach it, it says its an improper file name or something. but im pretty similar to yours only on the opposite side and above the line.
    It's a .png file. I converted it to .jpeg.
    I also wanted a neutral.
    I figured the left-bias was just my beliefs conflicting more with the right wing stuff, IYKWIM.
    I wasn't clear on the strongly vs. normally disagree so I put normal(not strongly) for most stuff.
    I tried to get a perfect ten in right-wing/authoritarianism, but I failed.

haha I took one of those on a libertarian website (i consider myself to be a libertarian or at least an independant conservative) and the website said i was a libertarian. so i took it a few more times with different answers and apparently I am a libertarian no matter what i put haha

Don't let corrupt psychotic dictatorships control your economy.

Mind you, the USSR was the world's only other superpower in the Cold War era though I think it is very arguable that they would have been more successful geopolitically (is that the proper term?) with a capitalist dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Mind you, the USSR was the world's only other superpower in the Cold War era though I think it is very arguable that they would have been more successful geopolitically (is that the proper term?) with a capitalist dictatorship.
    Would you consider that to be what china is becoming because from an objective point of view it seems like a great deal if I'm in charge. you get all the wealth and progress provided by a capitalist economy without all the social annoyances (like voting and stuff) that go along with a democracy. Plus you get big profits cause you dont have to pay your workers jack!

of course i dont think I'd like to be the little guy there

Thread Information