Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: George Bush attacked by a pair of shoes

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    lowest approval rating ever.

nixon had a low rating, but nowhere near as low as Bush's. And he was impeached, and resigned following that outcome. He wasn't a baller like Clinton who ended up with his highest approval ratings after he was impeached.

EDIT: Bush's lowest is 19% approval. next lowest is Truman with 22%, then Nixon with 24%.
    LOL @ Clinton being a baller. Tis true though.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

nixon had a low rating, but nowhere near as low as Bush's. And he was impeached, and resigned following that outcome. He wasn't a baller like Clinton who ended up with his highest approval ratings after he was impeached.

EDIT: Bush's lowest is 19% approval. next lowest is Truman with 22%, then Nixon with 24%.
    Wow, I didn't realize that Truman had gotten that low. I knew he sucked it up a little, but beating Nixon is an accomplisment to be proud of. Of course, if you're going to be bad, you may as well be the worst (the best at being bad) but Bush had to go and steal that from him.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize that Truman had gotten that low. I knew he sucked it up a little, but beating Nixon is an accomplisment to be proud of. Of course, if you're going to be bad, you may as well be the worst (the best at being bad) but Bush had to go and steal that from him.
    its really funny... while bush and truman have the lowest ratings, they also have the highest ratings. bush at 90% just after 9/11 and truman was a bit lower than that, i think 88%, immediately following the end of WW2. so the two lowest are also the two highest.

truman's popularity fluctuated a lot though. up and down several times through his presidency. bush reached a peak in OCT 2001 and has been in a steady decline since then.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    LOL @ Clinton being a baller. Tis true though.
    I believe he was also a shot caller.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I believe he was also a shot caller.
    Pretty sure he had 20 inch blades on his Impala
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Hey, so now there's a report by the guys brother that he said on a phone interview (after reports of his being seriously injured came out) "Thank god I am in good health." So maybe he was not hurt, and maybe he just considers that normal treatment in Iraq (the guys record with being kidnapped and beaten is impressive) and thus is still in good health.

So if this is a huge insult, was he meaning to insult the Iraqi president, too? He did choose a moment to throw when the Iraqi official was near, and that seems to be what he's going to appear in court for according to the BBC.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Bush had a huge spike after 911 it seemed and he didn't really have to do anything other then be the President - what president wouldn't have had the spike?

According to this graph
    he spiked from just over 50% to nearly 90% in essentially a vertical jump - that being 911. Did he really do anything to deserve such a spike or was it just a wash of patriotism? I would suspect although some of it may be due to the former, the large majority being the latter. HE gained popularity for an event he had no control over, but the White House's desire for war in Afghanistan and Iraq is what consequently is a major reason to his massive unpopularity later on.

it was a combination. he helped the country be massively patriotic, he actually gave some good speeches, he was steady, confident, he gave off an aura of being the right man for the job, he threw a hell of a first pitch for the world series that year too. America wanted to go kick some ass and we needed a badass cowboy at the time and we had one. Thats why he got re-elected too.

Would his approval rating have shot up had 9/11 not happened, no way in hell. Would his approval rating have shot up as much as it did if he had done things a different way or been a different person probably not.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    He gained popularity for an event he had no control over, but the White House's desire for war in Afghanistan and Iraq is what consequently is a major reason to his massive unpopularity later on.
    In other news, the sky is blue, grass is green, fish live in water, and Quiggs is a pedophile.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Threatening the President of the United States, albeit in a rather comical way, and a beatdown is the least of your worries.
    Well he may not have killed the president (seriously, why not throw a grenade when you're that close instead? ), but he seriously damages the reputation of America in the Middle East. Which doesn't bode well kinda, which explains it if he did get beaten up.

lowest approval rating ever.

What did Truman do to get low approval ratings? Choosing to drop the atomic bombs?

Although Clinton is a baller, I still think Governor Spitzer is classier in his choice of women than Clinton. Come on, of all people, Monica?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Bush had a huge spike after 911 it seemed and he didn't really have to do anything other then be the President - what president wouldn't have had the spike?

According to this graph
    he spiked from just over 50% to nearly 90% in essentially a vertical jump - that being 911. Did he really do anything to deserve such a spike or was it just a wash of patriotism? I would suspect although some of it may be due to the former, the large majority being the latter. HE gained popularity for an event he had no control over, but the White House's desire for war in Afghanistan and Iraq is what consequently is a major reason to his massive unpopularity later on.
    Yeah, it's the patriotism thing. It makes you look like you're doing your job.

With reflexes like that, I think it's undeniable. George W. Bush is the Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    it was a combination. he helped the country be massively patriotic, he actually gave some good speeches, he was steady, confident, he gave off an aura of being the right man for the job, he threw a hell of a first pitch for the world series that year too. America wanted to go kick some ass and we needed a badass cowboy at the time and we had one. Thats why he got re-elected too.

Would his approval rating have shot up had 9/11 not happened, no way in hell. Would his approval rating have shot up as much as it did if he had done things a different way or been a different person probably not.
    I think it was a bit of a combination, but I'd say maybe 1 part in 10 was due to what the President did, the other 9 tenths were patriotism, and basically any President would do some aggressive action after the attack and hte approval would go up anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What did Truman do to get low approval ratings? Choosing to drop the atomic bombs?
    It doesn't look like it helped but things were worse later on.

Link.

truman had the problem of the war, the bomb, the post war economics, then the korean war. not a lot of fun in his administration.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

i think a lot of what hurt truman was the korean war, specifically his feud with general macarthur

WMD == Wellies of Mass Destruction, Bush finally foudn them
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information