Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Designing car ads

Designing car ads

Hi guys,

I want to put a few stickers on my car to get even more exposure to my website Soo.. Im not a graphical designer and not too creative at all. I made a few designs so far but am not really satisfied with it yet.

That's why i wanted to ask you creative minds to do me a favour ! Can you design a logo for me to use ?

I put together a few demands for it, as a guideline for myself:
    - It has to be white only (for good contrast on my car).
    - Sticker size for the back window has to be approximately 50-70 cm x 10 cm.
    - Sticker size for the side has to be approximately the size of the doors(Fiesta Mk.4) in length (est. 80-100cm ?) x 30 cm max.
    - Text: Reverda.nl Port Photography.

Apart from these, go ahead and do anything you want !
    If your design is good enough, i'll send you a set of stickers (anywhere on the world !) and offcourse put them on my ride and some friend's cars and take some pictures and send it to them. Also i'll be enternally thankful

What is your web address so I can look at it and get a idea for the logo. So if I understand you. You dont want a background but just want letters and some kind of a vector image. Like a png file.

Do you plan on making money off your website?

So just "Reverda.nl Port Photography" ?
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by painterr View Post
    What is your web address so I can look at it and get a idea for the logo. So if I understand you. You dont want a background but just want letters and some kind of a vector image. Like a png file.
    Exactly. No background, just the letters and maybe some image or something.

Reverda.nl is the web adress, i think i put a link in the original post..

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Do you plan on making money off your website?
    I allready do, though it's not that much. I save it up and buy some new photo kit from time to time and pay the costs in fuel and so on I make on it. I hope it will grow in time, i'll do my best anyways
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-15-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Could you post the ones you have made, just so we have an idea of what you're looking for?
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by orshow View Post
    Could you post the ones you have made, just so we have an idea of what you're looking for?
    Sure. I traced the lines of the famous Stellanova from Jumbo shipping for the logo here. Somehow it doesn't have the x-factor for me. The colours need to be invertd though, just a bit easier to see now

As i said, im a damn bad non-creative person! I always tried to skip art-classes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-15-2008 at 02:34 PM.

If you´re making money out of your site you really should pay someone for your logo.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Here is a sample to get an idea what you are looking for. I put it on a black background so you can see it but I can remove it and make a png transparent also this one is 72 dpi I do have it in 150 dpi.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    If you´re making money out of your site you really should pay someone for your logo.
    Maybe not money but a rapidshare account like for one month which is just 10 usd. Just a thought.
    Last edited by painterr; 12-15-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    The money i make with it is around €100-150 a month of which 60-70€ goes to fuel costs, hosting fees, business cards, damages and stuff like that. The rest I save for camera stuff and so on. I dont have much left of it.

Hiring a graphical designer would basically kill my budget. Remember im still a student and i dont have the finances someone working full-time has, meaning i can't make this investment easily. Also whilst not yet registered at the chamber of commerce i cant get any tax exemptions or benefits at all yet.

Requesting it this way, may be kinda low, cheap-skate-ish and so on. I realise that. But it does also create opportunities for unknown artist to present themselves, to practice, to display their work and getting recognition. It's just the way you look at it.

And offcourse it is one of my personal characteristics to always do something back, if someone helped me out in whatever way! Thats one of the reasons i offered to send one set of stickers on my own hard-earned money across the world. (basically the only way i could think of to get even, for now).
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-15-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by painterr View Post
    Here is a sample to get an idea what you are looking for. I put it on a black background so you can see it but I can remove it and make a png transparent also this one is 72 dpi I do have it in 150 dpi.

Maybe not money but a rapidshare account like for one month which is just 10 usd. Just a thought.
    Looks decent, thanks for your time ! Maybe something with the port-related stuff too in it would be nice ? Like a crane or a vessel or something?

Do these thin lines transfer well onto a sticker and then my ride ? im not sure, but i aint no expert either

For a nice collection of shots in the port, see also this flickr group:
    Flickr: Port of Rotterdam Photography
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-15-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Here is my go. Took a whole 3 min and I got the image from some free clipart page so it should be legal to use.
    You can call me scott.

how do you make the money Sjoerd? i don't see any ads on there. is it from sales?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I like '- seems simple looks clear and easy to recognise.

I was wondering the same thing cmc.

drakkie maybe you could throw over a few Euros outta goodwill via paypal for the logo maker? 5 or 1o or something. Or not.

Anyways, I saw your site earlier, it is cool - I dig the industrial shots and the port looks really cool and vast and I like that stuff.

Props.

My submission is based on Scottie's

Confused ??? Read it as you see it
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 12-15-2008 at 05:44 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information