Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many flats do you get?

I just ruined a friends wrx tires on a dirt uphill last week. The entire tire just came off the rim, split right down the radials so my belief is that a backup is always nice and necessary.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I'm one of those people that has a bunch of tools in the vehicle at all times. If the boyscouts motto is "always prepared" my families motto is "over prepared." I've even got a 9,000lb warn electric winch on the front of my jeep, which I end up using most of the time to pull other people out of ditches, and I love stopping to do stuff like that. I've even gotten a couple of dates out of stuff like that. Once because I stopped to give her a jump and once because I pulled a truck out of the ditch and it turned out that one of the girls in it went to my highschool.

Edit: I just read that and it sounded like I was charging dates in order to help people. I actually charge beer.

No, it sounds like you rape people and then help them.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

never got a flat in the 911 *knock on wood*
    i threw out the space saver when i got it, then drove to sydney.. no problems lol.
    one flat in the GT3.
    i've had 1 in the honda and the mazda respectively but the tires stay on those cars forever, not replaced as often.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I managed to get a nail in the back left tyre of my Volvo once.

I also managed to get a glass bottle stuck into the back left of my old BMW.

I'm good with tyres, you see.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I had 4 on the one car in the same year - This one!..

I got a flat one night testing the car over around the block @ 10kph. Changed it to the spare tyre. The spare went dead in a few days. Got that off and had 4 tyres fitted for rwc.. Then 2 days after i had to go back as it got a flat again.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

A couple of months ago I clipped a roadmarker with the sidewall of the front tyre. That was an immediate stop and there was a parking space. Change within 5 minutes. (long live the hydraulic suspension...)
    Two more flats ages ago, (on a BX and the first Xantia) only noticeable because of the sound difference that the tyres made (again long live the self leveling suspension).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    24hr GM roadside assistance FTW.
    pity you have to own a GM car to get it.

no flats yet. I don't think I've ever been in a car and had one. knock on wood!

Still have not got any recently..
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

One in the Right Rear of the M3 about 2 weeks ago.

Tyres where just about shot on it anyway. R specs all round now...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Are you saying I'm not macho enough to own a Fiat?
    No, I'm syaing the ratio of Fiats per capita in the US is...

...well let's say low.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I have about 15-20 flats a year, both on work and private. I drive across all kinds of filthy dirty polluted dusty and whatever not industrial area's where there subsequently is also a mess on the roads!

Apart from that I allready had two times that all my tires were stabbed in 2008.

So 7-12 flats by crap on the roads and the rest by vandalism. I find it rather low considering the mess I drive through and the number of kilometers I make (annually 50-70k private and 150k+ for work).

Anyone ever tried changing a tire on a FIAT Ducato on a cold(0 degrees or so) lonely port road ? Took me a whole 3 hours to find out how to do so as the manual did not even resemble the way you should actually get the spare down from it's holder. Took the entire rear bumper off, removed the seats, the floor plating and some more stuff to find a tiny hole behind a cover behind the rear bumper where you had to put a 50cm rod in to get it down. Pfffff... Piece of rope and its in the back luggage now! Waaaay handier!
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-17-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I have about 15-20 flats a year, both on work and private. I drive across all kinds of filthy dirty polluted dusty and whatever not industrial area's where there subsequently is also a mess on the roads!

Apart from that I allready had two times that all my tires were stabbed in 2008.

So 7-12 flats by crap on the roads and the rest by vandalism. I find it rather low considering the mess I drive through and the number of kilometers I make (annually 50-70k private and 150k+ for work).
    so it is not because of the gargantuan power of the Alto?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

My 645Ci had factory 19" rims and runflats, between those, my heavy foot and LA roads badly in need of repair something had to give. It ended up being the rim; I got a crack three inches long and a few centimeters wide. Bloody lot of good runflats did me.

I did keep using the runflats, but I switched to BBS RGRs which were much lighter and stronger and the car looked, handled and road significantly better. The lesson is if you're going to use runflats, make sure you've got good rims.

FYI: Now I drive an M6 without runflats but I've given up a significant amount of truck space for a full sized spare.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Never had a flat tyre. Maybe I can't drive properly.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    .... I find it rather low considering the mess I drive through and the number of kilometers I make (annually 50-70k private and 150k+ for work)....
    So on average, you drive 600 kms every single day of the year. That is astonishing.

How many hours a day do you spend behind the wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    So on average, you drive 600 kms every single day of the year. That is astonishing.

How many hours a day do you spend behind the wheel?
    Two, perhaps three. He is drakkie after all.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information