Thread: new idea for photoshop comp

new idea for photoshop comp

hey i got a new idea for the photoshop comps. just an idea but what if all the ones that did not win had to award to winner one rep point. i think that would make the competitions more appealing and we would get better quality entries. while the joke ones that are entered are always funny they do get annoyin sometimes. what do you think? painterr?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

ya, it sounds like a good idea, but i don't think ppl with the startin amount of rep points (10) are qualified to give out points, right? lemme know if i'm wrong
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by lithuanianmafia
    ya, it sounds like a good idea, but i don't think ppl with the startin amount of rep points (10) are qualified to give out points, right? lemme know if i'm wrong
    I think you need 20 or more rep. to be able to give rep. to other people, and many of the usual chop comp crowd have <20.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

I think everyone giving the winner +1 is too much. I think the current way works just fine, which is a few smilies and a congrats from everyone...

Everyone giving +1 to the winner would cause to much problems and make the comp way to competetive, so everyone would probably vote for themselves. The way it is, is fine! What you could do is warn the people with the purposely bad chops, and give them -1 if they keep doing it.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

i think that this would be quite a good idea but there are only a few people who do the chops that have 20 rep points or more.

i think that it would be better if the winner had to decide of a theme for the next chop like you did
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    Everyone giving +1 to the winner would cause to much problems and make the comp way to competetive, so everyone would probably vote for themselves. The way it is, is fine! What you could do is warn the people with the purposely bad chops, and give them -1 if they keep doing it.
    i agree but some poeple like UK CARS there chops are usually a bit blurred so in that sense i dont think that you would be able to give him -1
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    What you could do is warn the people with the purposely bad chops, and give them -1 if they keep doing it.
    But how would we know if they did it on purpose or if they just newbies to chopping???

True, but you can see the way they post it and if they are a newb they cood put it in their post. Perhaps we could have a thing like in golf, where there are amatuers (newbs) and professionals?
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I think everyone giving the winner +1 is too much. I think the current way works just fine, which is a few smilies and a congrats from everyone...
    I think if you impost a rep point system to this it'll turn into something else. I agree with Spastik, keep it FUN

Just my 2cents
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Thread Information