Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonhams Gstaad Auction report, sportier Quattroporte and Innotech Corvette

Bonhams Gstaad Auction report, sportier Quattroporte and Innotech Corvette

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

This Saturday British auctioneer Bonhams held their annual Gstaad sale. Hosted by the luxurious, five star Palace hotel, the auction as always featured predominantly Ferraris. Among them were some highly interesting examples like the straight six engined 121 LM and a freshly restored, rarely seen 250 GT 'Tour de France.' Joining the Ferraris were several other fine Italian machines, headlined by a superb Maserati 3500 GT Spyder. Unfortunately the auction results revealed that the classic car market is not immune for the global financial crisis. None of the seven figure machines managed to change hands. Bonhams did manage to sell most of the more affordable cars. As has become a Christmas tradition, we were once again present in the Swiss Alpine town to capture the prestigious auction. All of our work has been compiled in a full report and a 90-shot gallery.
    Today Maserati revealed the first images of the new Quattroporte Sport GT S, which will be officially revealed during next month's NAIAS. Compared to the 'standard' Sport, the S GT S packs a more powerful engine and a faster gearbox.
    Since the introduction of the 'Mysterro' supercar, we heard little from the Czech manufacturer Innotech. That was until this weekend when we received an e-mail from the company's current owner packed with images of their latest creation; the Innotech Corvette. As the name suggests, the car is based on the current Corvette. The designers and engineers have added their own touch by creating an Italian inspired body-kit and various performance enhancing modifications for the V8 engine. The most powerful version is a twin-turbo producing in excess of 1000 bhp. The Innotech Corvette will be built in the United States.

Enjoy the links:

Bonhams Gstaad Auction report and slideshow

2009 Innotech Corvette C6 Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

That Innotech C6 looks much nicer than the stock c6
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    I think it looks like shiatsu.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

that innotech is god awful looking

still love the quattroporte the back end looks a bit better now
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    The tailights look too much like those of the old Daewoo Nubira.

Even so, it's fantastic.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    The Lamborghini doors seal the deal. Their timeless good looks are an improvement to any car.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    No doubt about that maserati though, that thing looks beautiful... specially when you look at that front end...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Although the auction itself provided a very disappointing result, wheeling and dealing continued after the public procedures and reportedly several more cars have been sold, including the 121 LM, albeit at a price below the estimate. This makes the x-mas for Bonhams a bit better, but still far from perfect.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Although the auction itself provided a very disappointing result, wheeling and dealing continued after the public procedures and reportedly several more cars have been sold, including the 121 LM, albeit at a price below the estimate. This makes the x-mas for Bonhams a bit better, but still far from perfect.
    I´m no expert, but I guess it was to be expected .With this economic climate, it´s harder to see a 250 and just say "I´ll take it" and keep bidding higher and higher. I was wondering if there was any more information on that Ferrari motorcycle?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    I´m no expert, but I guess it was to be expected .With this economic climate, it´s harder to see a 250 and just say "I´ll take it" and keep bidding higher and higher. I was wondering if there was any more information on that Ferrari motorcycle?
    It is actually an MV Agusta...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    It is actually an MV Agusta...
    No, it is a bespoke Motorcycle that uses a MV Agusta engine. It was built with Ferrari's consent.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I found some info and a sauce.

Ferrari doesn't make motorcycles. At least, not officially... but that fact hasn't stopped a number of custom cycle makers from taking matters into their own hands. Perhaps the most famous Maranello-inspired two-wheeler was made by Arlen Ness, but that one's not all that practical in conception. We would imagine a Ferrari motorcycle to be a truly sporting machine, equally as comfortable on the race track as the street, or, more realistically, being shown off in one's garage. Ferrari seems to agree, as the only cycle ever created that bears an official Ferrari chassis number -- SF-01M -- has true sporting pretensions.

Built by David Kay Engineering and completed in 1995, this one-and-only Ferrari motorcycle sports a DOHC engine displacing 900cc and putting out 105 horsepower at 8,800rpm. The only styling choice we take exception with are the Testarossa-style strakes on either side, but nothing's perfect, right? So, what's the only officially official Ferrari bike worth? We'll find out for sure when the auction ends on the 20th, but the expected price is between 325,000-375,000 Swiss francs, or around $300K in U.S. dollars.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    The Lamborghini doors seal the deal. Their timeless good looks are an improvement to any car.
    I hope that was sarcasm.

I think the modifications are pretty bad. Especially the round grilles on the front. Horrible. The back isn't that bad, but only because the normal corvette back isn't great. Looks kind of like the side of a wedge of cheese, so it would be hard to make it *worse*.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

By "Italian" inspiration they mean Ferrari.

Thread Information