Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The best car EVER

Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione.

Quote Originally Posted by Nella
    The Beetle...or as I like to call mine, a Baby Porsche.. if it weren't for beetles, there may not have been Porsches.
    I agree porsche sure wouldn't be around if it wern't for the beetle, the first 356 was constructed off of a beetle frame.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

honda civic.

no, not really.

i would have to say the (in my opinion) the 1970 mustang boss 429
    ________
    Ship Sale
    Last edited by austy351; 04-19-2011 at 02:39 AM.

The ORIGINAL Mini, not the BMW remake. There is no steering wheel like the Mini's. Try to pass/to overtake a Mini in the mountains. You can do 90° turns at 80 km without hitting the brakes and not drifting off the road, try that with any other car!! I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't driven a Mini Red Hot for a year. (I drove the hell out of that car in the mountains near Nizza/France.) The Mini Cooper was Enzo Ferraris favourite car for the mountains!!! He had a special edition developed for his own use.

Lotus Elise.
    Toyota Prius.
    stereotonin

dollars, speed, or all around?

Take a car like the new Ford Cobra Mustang. It costs less than 35k and has ice cold air and at least a 460 watt stereo and parts are plentifull. For about 2k you can give it 500 plus horse power to the ground and still drive it across country in comfort and reliably. You can set it up as a road racer or a drag car or for both and with that much power for that kind of money, how can you beat it. The engine will hold probably 600 horsepower and maybe a little more and still be very reliable and go where you want. Parts are everywhere. A lot of the other cars are so expensive you couldn't take them to Las Vegas and park then anywhere so what good are they? And what if somebody runs into you with a McLaren or a 959 Porche, How much and how fast will it be fixed. Even a Ferrari that will do 200mph couldn't beat the stang in a drag race. Probably couldn't catch it until 160 or so from a dead stop. What about thieves? Those expensive cars fetch a pretty penny? You could argue for the Cobra, a Viper, a Vette or even a Roush stage 3 mustang. It will do over 170, run a 12.60 quarter mile and corner with anything and stop on a dime.

Joe Pug
    Last edited by dapope; 03-24-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    I'd have to agree with motorsportnerd, when talking about the "best car ever" it's hard to define "best" since so many factors are involved, and are of varying importance to different people, but the most logical train of thought would be the car that has impacted the world the most, and that would be the Ford Model T.
    I think the number of cars sold worldwide is a pretty good indication of a model's significance, so right up there with the model T would have to be the original VW Beetle, no other car has sold as many or been so pervasive in almost every part of the world.
    It wasn't the model T that was important but the methods that Hank Ford came up with that revolutionized the industry. Had any body in the world figured it out first then their car would have sold hundreds of thousands. Now the bug sold a lot because of itself: not a method. Good case for it!

Joe Pug, Roush stage 3
    Last edited by dapope; 03-24-2005 at 04:37 PM.

A Viper out performs all of these cars and costs much less. It is also very dependable and American.

Joe Pug, Roush stage 3

bugs

There are more repair shops for Bugs per capita than any other car. Too tender!

Joe Pug, stage 3 Roush

Quote Originally Posted by dapope
    A Viper out performs all of these cars and costs much less. It is also very dependable and American.

Joe Pug, Roush stage 3
    But not much lower, it's still a $100, 000 car, IMO the 2005 C5 Corvette is a better deal than the viper. And if the regular C5 isn't enough you could step it up with the Z06 C5 corvette. And it only ups the regular corvette price of $50, 000 about $10, 000. So you are paying for the chevy corvette Z06 which performs very much like the viper for a way lower price. It is probably the cheapest exotic or high end car on the market in North America. But I doubt in Europe, but not sure though.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Manik
    But not much lower, it's still a $100, 000 car, IMO the 2005 C5 Corvette is a better deal than the viper. And if the regular C5 isn't enough you could step it up with the Z06 C5 corvette. And it only ups the regular corvette price of $50, 000 about $10, 000. So you are paying for the chevy corvette Z06 which performs very much like the viper for a way lower price. It is probably the cheapest exotic or high end car on the market in North America. But I doubt in Europe, but not sure though.
    Someone I know bought a C5 (while ago), for 51k. Depends on how it is loaded, so 50k for a Z06 is probably bare of options.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I think that BENTLEY Continental is the best and the gratesc car in the world!

I would have to say that the Porsche 962 race cars would have to be at the top of my list as the best cars ever made, whereas production street cars, i'd probably say something like the E55 AMG

the best car ever? impossible to conclude with a real answer, but i would have to say the mustand, in terms of aussie pride, the GTHO phase 3
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Thread Information