Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best car EVER

The best car EVER

Which car do you think is the best automobile that ever came to Earth? Feel free to post your views!

Porsche 911. Because no car has ever blended comfort, practicality, looks, reliability and awesome thrills in to one car like it does..

well said spastik, I agree 100%

i think its not the porsche, i would prefer to go with some thing like a Mercedes E55 AMG because that is pure luxury ,class, and brute force, i think also its quite affective because it is unsespecting with looks, but has a hidden 5.5 liter , 500bhp engine..
    i would also say that the new aston DB9 would beat off a porsche with a stick...

the ford mustang, revolutionary in the 60s an 70s an still goin strong. I dont see this car losing the throne for a while to come, it shows no sign of ageing. Although the best was arguably the 1967 Mustang GT range and ofcourse the shelby gt500, ford show signs of bringing the mustang back to how we loved it most. Brilliant car

'55 300 slr coupe

MY favorite car company has been and always will be Porsche, just because of their original styling, good sports car practicality, and awesome performance. Yet, I still think that one of the best cars ever would be:

Benz 1955 SL300 Gullwing Coupe
    Gemballa's Porsches, Simply the Best!

How can you forget the almighty Mclaren F1 still unbeaten after al these years and it's naturally aspirated V12, no car has ever touched it.

I also like the Porche 911, unfortunately no mater how much I like them or how much money I make, at 6''2' i'm just to big to get in the things.

I agree with Boxster17 and SL500 the 55' SL300 Gulllwing Coupe is one of the greatest cars of all time. And made by my favourite car company.

The Mclaren F1, Porsche 911 come close afterwards.
    Perhaps the Dodge Tomahawk will compete with these if it is produced?
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Everyone's going for more exotic cars. I'll go with significance and chose two mundane cars.
    Anyone remember the Car of the Century? The Ford Model T. First car to really bring motoring to the masses, first truly mass produced car and no other car has ever been as significant.
    The original Mini comes second. Significant leap forward in packaging, with remarkable space efficency. In production for over 40 years. Classless. And a hoot to drive, with victories in major motorsport events such as the Monte Carlo Rally.
    We're dealing with almost 120 years of history since the first car (1885 Benz), so picking a "best" ever is very difficult. Picking the most significant is a little easier.

Obviously the Mini!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Koenigsegg CCR

The Citroen DS, being the "most ahead of its time" car ever to be put in series production. (1955)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I would say the 911 because its so timeless and then the MClarenF1. You cant beat a 6.1L naturally aspirated 627hp Bmw V12

Thread Information