Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of the Job

man this is honest compared to the underhanded stuff i had to deal with working at a.... strip club =(
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

You see boobs for a living. You have no right to complain
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

That really sucks that you're loosing your job. So far at the shop work hasn't slowed down, we used to be booked a month to a month and a half in advance, now we're down to 2 weeks. Who knows what the future will have in store for me at my job. My sister who graduated college got a job in her field and now might be losing her job soon too. Something I haven't really understood much is where is the money/ business going?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I've been out of a job for a few months now. Not due to any economic crisis, really. Just my own asshat-ery. That was the official story anyway. The real deal is the management didn't like my choice of friends in and out of the workplace (I stayed friends with former employees who were no longer welcome). And I, uh, had no problem voicing my opinion that certain practices were unfair to employees and customers alike. God, I don't miss that place at all...

Edit for Johnny:

The service side of the car biz is gone, too. My girlfriend has been leaving early at least once or twice a week. If they don't NEED it to pass inspection/emissions, customers don't want to hear it.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    My mom lost her job a few months ago, as did a few other employees at her workplace, including one lady who'd been working there for about 30 years. My mom worked at a school; they told her and the others they were fired on the last day of classes. It was a Catholic school; the whole thing was orchestrated by the pastor. Needless to say, my mom no longer attends his church, but because we're still in the parish we occasionally get mail looking for donations. As my mom put it, "you've already got my salary, use it wisely."

Unemployment sucks, but unsympathetic employers are worse.

As for 70cuda88, I recommend you take a bath in the sink on your last day.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Sorry to hear about your job loss. As a retiree, I would suggest that since you still are supported by your parents that you look at what you're interested in and do some volunteer work in that field. It could open doors for you. Also, consider what fields won't be reducing their workforces-- service fields--health care and law enforcement are 2. And I would suggest going on for at least 2 years after high school. If you're like many your age, you probably like things like tech things like computers. If so, consider getting an associates degree in biomedical electronics at your nearby technical college. My son got this and works in a hospital and makes $$$ and loves his career--all for a 2 year education. Good luck.

Thread Information