Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kawasaki pulls out of Moto GP due to global recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Here they boradcast ever race on the telly.

Motorbike racing is great to see action.
    I never thought it seemed intriguing until I downloaded one of those P2P servers and watched a few races. Moto is intense stuff, LOTS of passing.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I never thought it seemed intriguing until I downloaded one of those P2P servers and watched a few races. Moto is intense stuff, LOTS of passing.
    i think the passing is really great. very hard to block someone by just occupying a bit of their line in the apex. so therefore it shows how all of the racing lines can get you around the course, and how technical you need to be to put in a fast lap. you can see the advantages of single vs double apex, and how much ground can be made up by effective slip streaming.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenkel View Post
    Besides Aprillia and Yamaha I can't remember if there are any other constructors left on the grid.
    Honda has alredy pulled out of the competition, Suzuki did the same, now Kawasaki?
    What and who does that leave?
    We could be watching the end of Motorsport as we know it!
    Aprilia will run in SBK this year, and it's out of MotoGP since...2003?
    Honda retired as an official team from SBK in 2005 iirc, but was still supporting an Dutch team (tenkate or something), but it's still present in both SBK and MotoGp (officilly) right now
    Suzuki...is in MotoGP and SBK too since some years constantly.
    Ducati runs in both, as Yamaha.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Let's not forget Yamaha. They have a V. Rossi on their bikes.
    Oh yeah, that's right. Forgot about them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenkel View Post
    Besides Aprillia and Yamaha I can't remember if there are any other constructors left on the grid.
    Honda has alredy pulled out of the competition, Suzuki did the same, now Kawasaki?
    What and who does that leave?
    We could be watching the end of Motorsport as we know it!
    I don't think they pulled out of motorcycles, just F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Since when did Honda and Suzuki left MotoGP?
    I didn't think so either.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Honda retired as an official team from SBK in 2005 iirc, but was still supporting an Dutch team (tenkate or something)
    Honda has nothing to do with Ten Kate Racing. Honda and Suzuki have pulled out of AMA Superbikes, not MotoGP. And finally, WSBK > MotoGP.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

If Kawasaki can agree to lease the team out for at least 3 years, it looks like Aspar will pick up the team.
    I am the Stig

WSBK makes F1 and Bernie look like saints !!

At least in MotoGP everyone has to have the same engine size.
    Superbikes are controlled by Ducati MUCH more than Ferrari coudl even HOPE to influence F1.
    So they get 200cc extra capcity AND then they restrict the intakes on the 1000cc bikes coz they were still faster

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Honda has nothing to do with Ten Kate Racing. Honda and Suzuki have pulled out of AMA Superbikes, not MotoGP. And finally, WSBK > MotoGP.
    I don't follow the AMA champ, and I thought Ten Kate was (minimally perhaps) backed by Honda, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    WSBK makes F1 and Bernie look like saints !!

At least in MotoGP everyone has to have the same engine size.
    Superbikes are controlled by Ducati MUCH more than Ferrari coudl even HOPE to influence F1.
    So they get 200cc extra capcity AND then they restrict the intakes on the 1000cc bikes coz they were still faster
    but still the 999 was pretty capable against the other contenders with the same engine size... or was Bayliss the real advantage?

even if I can agree with you about the Ducati influence, is it possible that such a small manufacturer can have so much power? I can understand Ferrari in F1 since their myths were born together, or was the same for SBK and Ducati? I know Ducati is much older than SBK, but I don't know how much it was ranked world wide before of the dominance in SBK.

The family ties between Ducati and SBK make Bernie look like a long lost relative of F1
    Ducati threaten to pull out more than a good catholic husband !!!

Loris had better results in the championship than Troy.

The big advantage Troy had was that with the new rules in 2003 the 2-stroke bikes were out and with it all the riders had to learn radically different riding styles as 4-stroke bikes have much more engine braking than a 2-stroker ever has. So I'm sure that was part of it. Also all the other MotoGP teams were now trying "new" engines. DUcati just outspend the rest of the field and put a MUCH more powerful engine into the races than anyone else had thought to develop Rumours abound that part of the reason was that a Ducati engine was repalced EVERY race as the stresses producing that amount of power took everything ot the limit. Not something that other engines faced.

The family ties between Ducati and SBK make Bernie look like a long lost relative of F1
    Ducati threaten to pull out more than a good catholic husband !!!

Loris had better results in the championship than Troy.

The big advantage Troy had was that with the new rules in 2003 the 2-stroke bikes were out and with it all the riders had to learn radically different riding styles as 4-stroke bikes have much more engine braking than a 2-stroker ever has. So I'm sure that was part of it. Also all the other MotoGP teams were now trying "new" engines. DUcati just outspend the rest of the field and put a MUCH more powerful engine into the races than anyone else had thought to develop Rumours abound that part of the reason was that a Ducati engine was repalced EVERY race as the stresses producing that amount of power took everything ot the limit. Not something that other engines faced.
    no no wait, I was referring to Ducati and Bayliss in SBK, saying that when there were both the 2 cylinders 999 and the 4 cylinders from Japan, the Ducati still played well, even if a great part of the deal was thanks to Bayliss.

can you explain the relationship between SBK and Ducati?

They never ran the same capacity as the comptition.
    DUcati ALWAYS ran larger capacity.
    Perhaps it was one specific race ? Can you give a link pls ??
    Watch out though. Ducati are the ultimate liars in the PR circus.
    So last seasons 1098 F08 race bike was actually a 1198 cc engine
    Maybe they did the same with the one you're thinking of.
    If you give me an idea of when I can check books.
    However, I doubt it ... unless you go way back in history when everyone else was racing 750cc in the "superbike" category

Superbikes is governed by FGSport -- now called INFRONT MOTOR SPORT (IMS)
    Chief Exec -- Mr Paolo Flammini based in ????? ROME !!
    Flammini:Superbikes == Ecclsestone:F1
    Ecclestone:Ferrari == Flamminiucati
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-10-2009 at 07:12 PM.

They never ran the same capacity as the comptition.
    DUcati ALWAYS ran larger capacity.
    Perhaps it was one specific race ? Can you give a link pls ??
    Watch out though. Ducati are the ultimate liars in the PR circus.
    So last seasons 1098 F08 race bike was actually a 1198 cc engine
    Maybe they did the same with the one you're thinking of.
    If you give me an idea of when I can check books.
    However, I doubt it ... unless you go way back in history when everyone else was racing 750cc in the "superbike" category
    well, for a couple of years or so they were running the Ducati 999, the Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSX1000 and Honda CBR1000, all with a 1 liter capacity, I suppose the years are from 2005 to 2007 included.
    then if someone cheated using a bigger engine (really?) I don't know about it.

Dave Richards made an interesting comment the other day about the Japanese mindset Honda started a trend which others will follow. Lets all hope that Toyota hangs in there and shows Them the way back

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Thread Information