Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i don't know what pisses me off more - laptop computers or washing machines

i don't know what pisses me off more - laptop computers or washing machines

every laptop computer i've had have had one common fault: fan fails due to congestion > overheat > fail > failure > complete failure

i also LOVE, with a passion, the fact that computer manufacturers compete by advertising how many new sick features these new machines have. HEY, HOW ABOUT SHOWING OFF SOME 1337 RELIABILITY SKILLS. how dare this incompetent and fundamentally inept industry move forward on such weak foundations. its like "hmm, even though i don't know anyhitng about gunpowder and explosives, i'm going to try making a cannon". it could work, if you are in the middle ages. how do these people get away with this shit. probably piss-lazy consumers that don't complain enough about flaws. (consumer do a good job complaning aobut not enough features though).

can you imagine that given ford pinto's shitty safety ratings, that instead of making a safer replacement, ford's engineers all gathered their efforts to make a more dangerouse convertible version? such BACKWARDs thinking with a vain mask of forward innovation. FAIL! how do these people sleep at night. right probably because i'm not sneaking into their houses at night with a serated blade.

now i have just recently discovered the pains of washing machines. apparantly the pump in mines decided to magically stop working. resultantly some water remains after the spin cycle (which is after the rinse) and my last couple of loads have smelled like mildew. then i discover (via the internet) that liquid detergent has a missing ingredient in powdered detergent that kills mildew. liquid detergent also coats teh insides of machines with an invisible layer of some moisture-trapping, mildew-home-giving substance. WHY THE HELL IS LIQUID DETERGENT EVEN LEGAL!!!! GAHH

i've tried borax, baking soda, bleach, vinegar, oxiclean, sodium lauryl bicarbonate or something crazy like that, and i'm about to try skunk urine. it seems that i have finally found immortality. it comes in mildew format.

**sigh**
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

like i understand that a car isn't made to last eternity without proper maintenence - it is a machine with thousands of moving part.

but a computer fan... and a washing machine... come on not lets have SOME sense of durability.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

someone needs to give blingbling a hug.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Here's one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

aww thanks guys

WTF is a washing machine?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    WTF is a washing machine?
    do you wash your clothes in the river and bash them against rocks, indian style? because that would be awesome.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    do you wash your clothes in the river and bash them against rocks, indian style? because that would be awesome.

No. Actually I live in a nudest colony.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

That made a bad image.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

man centuries of deealing with mildew and still no solution

sometiems i wish the honeys would shrink me (like the kids) so i could wage this epic war against mildew at the microscopic level naw mean?

hug ? slap more like

Do you complain when your car performance drops and misfires and is difficult to start because the air filter is clogged and you didn't serive it properly ?
    Go read the owners manual on your laptop ... it will warn you about dusty environments, about keeping ALL the vents clear during operation AND the need for occasiional cleaning !!

Finally, dont' blame the detergent ... you sure you're not over-dosing ?
    Sounds like it
    Or are you forgetting to clean the lint filter on the washing machine -- possible given lack of maintenance on your laptop IN fact you shoudl go otu now and check the air filter in the car ( and the fule AND the oil ) Have image of none of them changed either
    How about water softness ? You got an inline water softenener ? Again somethgin that screws with the dosing level on detergants

GOod luck and I think it's time to stop blaiming the machines
    Especially trying to pass off your B.O. to friends nad family as a "fault in the machine, honest" !!!!!

if you had read i do not complain about cars due to the inherent complexity.

manual doesnt say squat about dusty environments. too bad teh fan is at an impossible place to reach manually. it tells you to use compressed air but i guess they are talking about the 10 million pounds per square inch.

and no i do not overdose. i probably use half the amount it saids. nice added quantity of smileys. too bad it doesn't accomplish much. the washing machine has no lint filter. i would maintain my laptop if it wasn't so disgustingly integrated and structured. i dont have a car. no i do not have an inline water softener, the water by here is low in mineral content comparatively. most water softeners add ions of some kind into the water anyways.

i disagree, and will continue to complain. not of the machines though, just what the guys were thinking while designing the POS.

try again

I hate to say this - but I actually agree. I've been through a fair few company laptops over the years, and I swear some must have been designed by mentally handicapped, malnourished monkeys. Others have been great, eg. IBM/Lenovo T and X series take all kinds of abuse.

The mildew you're on your own with. Who uses liquid laundry detergent. Honestly.
    Turning money into memories.

All the laptops my family have had/used have not had any problems mechanically (though we hav had many viruses), as well as how old and what brands are your laptop/washing machine as nothing is made to last forever. Moving parts rub and wear and eventually the forces placed on the parts will be too much and they will fail.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

bb, I dont' need to try again But will repeat some of the advice.

What laptop are you talking about ?
    You mention being told to use compressed air ... so that sounds like the manual DOES give some advice on it. SOrry, unless we're looking at some stonky cheap Chinese rip off with a manual translated by a monkey then it will say something

Did have a Toshiba "laptop" that had easily accesible fans and replacable parts. SHame it was 4 inches thick !!
    To quote Scottie ... "ye cannae beat the laws o' physics, cap'n"

WOrth seeking advice on the washing .... 6 to 1 is a common recommendation to dilute the liquid stuff in soft water areas or water with softening filters.

So I still say RTFM

Rasmus raises a valid point. You get what you pay for. A $200 "no name" laptop ain't going to be as well "built" as an HP or Lenovo ( even if they DO come from the same factory )

Thread Information