Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Cardinals are NFC Champions

Arizona Cardinals are NFC Champions

Who would have thought this at the beginning of the season?

NFC is always about who gets hot late!

im just glad lienart (sp?) had nothing to do with it, i hate that guy.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I'm happy for them. A bit of a cinderella story for the NFL. They're offense has always been great, but the defense is catching up.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I'm happy for them. A bit of a cinderella story for the NFL. They're offense has always been great, but the defense is catching up.
    Yeah.
    The defense was doing great in the 1st half, but they started settling into old tendencies in the 2nd (a lot of blown or nonexistent coverage), but they did enough to secure the win.

I think the only team capable of stopping Arizona's passing attack is the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I think the only team capable of stopping Arizona's passing attack is the Ravens.
    Really? Not even the number one pass defense in the league which belongs to the Steelers?

Good for the Cards. Now only 5 teams remain that have never been to a Super Bowl: Lions, Saints, Jags, Texans and Browns.

I'm just happy that there's a lot of very unhappy Eagles fans right now.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I'm just happy that there's a lot of very unhappy Eagles fans right now.
    HAHA! i second that!
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Thirded. I live near Eagles fans and Philly by far has the most obnoxious supporters of sports.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

too bad the Steelers are going to run them over like tanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    I'd normally agree with you, but after last super bowl i no longer make superbowl statements that I "know to be true" untill after the game haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    The only way the Steelers will win is if they shut down Kurt Warner and Fitzgerald/Boldin.
    ...but then there are other receivers and tight ends.

I hate the Steelers now, everyone cums when they're mentioned. Granted they're a good team but this isn't college football. Any team can win on any given Sunday.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Prediction (favorably)

Since I want the Cards to win, I'm going to predict Warner throws for 260 yards with 2 td's and a pick. Fitzgerald gets hot late and picks up 80 yards receiving with 1 td and Boldin has 10 catches for 130 and a touchdown for himself. Edge and Hightower will pick up a little over 60 yards a piece on the ground. Rackers will kick 2 through the posts and they'll pick up 6 more on defense from a fumble or interception return. 27 points.

Steelers get off to a slow start with Whisenhunt knowing the playbook to an extent, Roethlisberger gets rattled. Willie Parker and Hines Ward do enough to get them through the first half. Big Ben gets hot in the second half and starts to embarass the cards defense for a 200 yard half. Steelers D starts showing up big, Polamalu makes a big play in the closing minutes to give Pittsburgh the chance to win in the closing minutes. Interception. Game over.

Final score - 27-23 Arizona over Pittsburgh

disclaimer - I doubt the above happens. I just want it to happen. I don't like repeat winners of titles in short spans of time.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Since the stealers are the only team left that I like (most of mine took a dive early) I'm going for them. I like the story of the cardinals, but I hate curt warner. Plus I love a good defense.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Since the stealers are the only team left that I like (most of mine took a dive early) I'm going for them. I like the story of the cardinals, but I hate curt warner. Plus I love a good defense.
    Was "stealers" intentional? If not, massive fail.

Thread Information