Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Both Nolan's Batman movies are excellent stuff, maybe the first was even better (it's been a while since last time I saw it though), the second was surrounded and biased by a certain unhappy happening...

my kind of "fun to watch" stuff is something like Crank, or The Transporter, Taxxi (much more than that) and so on, something completely senseless and almost splatter, meaning it's too much of everything.
    otherwise, I would pass, asking much more to a movie than having fun for 90/120 minutes. I'm kinda exigent when it comes to movies (and cars)
    Yes, I enjoyed Batman very much. The second was unhappy, but it's a realistic ending. No one wants it to go that way, but if it were all nice and happy, it wouldn't be realistic. Happy endings only happen in Disney movies.

I did like Transporter 1, but 2 was absolutely shit (Audi A8 driving on the roofs of Miami? Long shot, but sure. Crazy genetically engineered diseases? I don't buy that. I especially didn't like the airplane finale fight sequence.) I'll pass on Transporter 3, thanks. Crank I haven't watched, but I plan to, so I can't say anything about that. Taxi, I haven't heard of ever, so fill me in on that please.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Most ppl who are excited about Watchmen are those who read the graphic novel back in the 80's/90's. I, on the other hand, was intrigued into reading the novel recently by these previews. Anyone who hasn't read the novel, and is expecting another by-the-numbers comic book movie is going to be surprised (assuming Snyder sticks as close to the material as I've heard).

Most comic book movies are a little too sticky for my tastes. I never liked any of the Superman movies (new one included), I only "sorta" liked the first two Spiderman movies (hated the third one), never gave a care about the Hulk, and could only bring myself to watch the second X-men movie (first one was hokey, and the third one had a rediculous plot). I did like both of Burton's and Nolan's Batman movies, and Ironman was surprisingly good. Just hoping Watchmen doesn't disappoint.
    I want to read Watchmen too, but I haven't researched on which graphic novel to buy, and where to get a good deal on it.

I've never really seriously watched any of the Superman movies, so I can't judge. The first two Spiderman movies were alright. The last one was really shitty. Peter Parker went emo in that one. I laughed through that sequence. Never thought I would do that. X-Men is okay. The first two were okay. The third started to go sour, but I still liked it. I'm looking forward to the Wolverine sequel, where they explore his history. Yes, I enjoyed Ironman too. That was a fun movie to watch, although there are some iffy bits.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yes, I enjoyed Batman very much. The second was unhappy, but it's a realistic ending. No one wants it to go that way, but if it were all nice and happy, it wouldn't be realistic. Happy endings only happen in Disney movies.

I did like Transporter 1, but 2 was absolutely shit (Audi A8 driving on the roofs of Miami? Long shot, but sure. Crazy genetically engineered diseases? I don't buy that. I especially didn't like the airplane finale fight sequence.) I'll pass on Transporter 3, thanks. Crank I haven't watched, but I plan to, so I can't say anything about that. Taxi, I haven't heard of ever, so fill me in on that please.
    wait, I was referring to the death of Heath Ledger as the happening that biased the movie.
    about transporter 2 and 3, I didn't see them, so I don't know.
    about Taxi, I'm talking about this one, I guess I heard of it: Taxi (1998/I)
    I also saw the 2, pretty much an iteration of the first, still pretty good. Much more politically correct Statam's movies tbh.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

wait, I was referring to the death of Heath Ledger as the happening that biased the movie.
    about transporter 2 and 3, I didn't see them, so I don't know.
    about Taxi, I'm talking about this one, I guess I heard of it: Taxi (1998/I)
    I also saw the 2, pretty much an iteration of the first, still pretty good. Much more politically correct Statam's movies tbh.
    Oh, my mistake. Do you believe the movie was responsible for his death?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Oh, my mistake. Do you believe the movie was responsible for his death?
    I don't think so, or I don't have any kind of reason to think that. Surely a big part of the movie's success was due to his death. not that the movie didn't deserve so much success, but it wasn't a neutral situation for sure.
    even if I didn't saw the movie in english, so I cant say his interpretation was as good as a lot of people say it is, I liked him and the way the Joker was re-created after Nicholson's one. then it wasn't really something new or ground braking, and I don't care about the Oscar he is going to get, since I don't care about Oscars at all, it's just about business and marketing, very rarely it stands for a really worth movie or actor (There will be blood's Daniel Day-Lewis comes to mind).
    so the movie was excellent, the interpretation too, but the judgment will always be biased due to his death, and it's a shame, because a lot of people are going to say he got (as I presume) the Oscar only because he died, while possibly he would have won it even if still alive.

my kind of "fun to watch" stuff is something like Crank, or The Transporter, Taxxi (much more than that) and so on, something completely senseless and almost splatter, meaning it's too much of everything.
    otherwise, I would pass, asking much more to a movie than having fun for 90/120 minutes. I'm kinda exigent when it comes to movies (and cars)
    What did you think of Death Race?
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    What did you think of Death Race?
    I didn't saw, but it reminded (from the trailers) of those old school movies from the eighties/nineties wit that splatter attitude it's hard to fun nowadays.

I didn't saw, but it reminded (from the trailers) of those old school movies from the eighties/nineties wit that splatter attitude it's hard to fun nowadays.
    I saw it last night....going in with lots of reservations about it. Turned out to be a pretty fun ride. They had some pretty weird ideas about how saddling an automobile with several tons of iron plate would affect its performance characteristics.....but other than that is was a good popcorn movie.

/end thread hijack.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

So hasn't anyone seen watchmen yet ???.

Seen it Thursday. Never read the book, Best way to not enjoy a movie is to read the book about it go in comparing it to the movie and blow any chance of enjoyment..

Took it for what it was, Enjoyed it, Drank 700ml of water and eat 2 salad sandwiches watching it. Never once thought about the time i like it. For a "superhero" movie it really isn't your typical one. More it's got a story and history to view rather then superman saving the day with his powers.

The end shitted me. Not the change and twist, but people who seen the movie might know what i am on about. The final with Dc Manhattan in the snow. Didn't like that much. Was a good ride with plenty of back and forwards viewing. Good action scenes and some good old music. And a few laughs in there.

Now i get it. "The watchmen watch over us, But who watches them"..
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I'd need to watch it again to fully understand it, but I liked it. Probably didn't help that me and the ol' friends decided to watch this 'visual masterpiece' high.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I saw it at imax and i've read the book.

Its a very enjoyable movie but not really a comic book movie.
    It's very much a adult movie and diffiently not too long, I'm looking forward to the directors cut.

Slick you may have not liked the ending but thats basically how it ends in the book so not really much you can me sad about, thats how it is really.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

I just think it could kill another movie. I thought Rorschachs part was the pick of the lot.
    I'm still getting over Doc Man walking around dangling in the wind lol.

I have no issue in watching it again.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Im going to go ahead and disagree with alot of you who like it. First of all, the soundtrack was very suprising and enjoyable, Rorshach was great, the special effects were outstanding and thats about where it ended for my enjoyment factor. For one, I didnt expect to go see a snuff film. All the plot lines and story would remain intact while not showing all the blood and gore. It was a mix between SAW and Superman. Second, the movie went on to long for me. Much of what was included could have easily been taken out and included in a directors cut. It was not a straight-forward movie. It was somewhat thought provoking but I didnt want to spend the time thinking about posible story lines while I was watching the special effects. Dont get me wrong, I love a good head burner but only when its made to be a headburner. To sum it up for me, it was trying to be to many things at once and ended up losing me on the journey.
    C+
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I'd need to watch it again to fully understand it, but I liked it. Probably didn't help that me and the ol' friends decided to watch this 'visual masterpiece' high.
    But then again, maybe it did...
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

not as good as i thought it would be, but still pretty good imo. i'll like it on DVD when i have the ability to fast forward through parts of it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

"Desolation Row" is my favorite Dylan song.
    How badly did My Chemical Romance cover it?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information