48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Citroën DS19

15 31.25%
  • Mercedes-Benz 300SL

33 68.75%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroën DS19 v Mercedes-Benz 300SL

Citroën DS19 v Mercedes-Benz 300SL

At first you might be thinking that these cars are very different, but in fact they are very similar. Both were unveiled in the 50's, and both had astonishing technology for the time. Both had amazing styling and both have had recent cars insipired by them (the C6 and the SLR respectively).

So which one is it going to be?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

....Nope, still very different. Both in design, execution and intention.

Given a choice between the two I'd go a Goddess though. I am a design student after all.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

and the fact that one is a sports car and one is a 4-door sedan (i think). They are still quite different.
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Im going the Merc, as it introduced fuel injection into the consumer automotive world, and its looks are timeless.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    At first you might be thinking that these cars are very different, but in fact they are very similar. Both were unveiled in the 50's, and both had astonishing technology for the time. Both had amazing styling and both have had recent cars insipired by them (the C6 and the SLR respectively).

for exactly your reasons, I choose both cars.
    for the fact that I agree that they are still pretty different, I choose both cars.

If I can't choose both cars, you can choose for me, I would be fine in both cases.

the 300SL has the plus of being an high end sports car of a rare beauty, but the DS19 is simply an overall better achievement especially being a much more average car, so that's my vote.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

can we put the 300S Cabriolet against the Chapron DS?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

That's like saying a supermodel and some cute chick who works for a designer are comparable because they're both in fashion.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    That's like saying a supermodel and some cute chick who works for a designer are comparable because they're both in fashion.
    The Deesse clearly being the supermodel
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The SL, it's more my kind of car, although the Citroen just look slike it's going to flow along the road, it's marvelous, but that engine was allways a weak point for me. Bursting into flames in the SL ins't nice but i think it suits me better. I'll take both!

i had to side with the DS. unusual for me to not pick the sports car, but since i already have a fast car, and a fast relatively old car, i decided that i need a comfy car designed for cruising down the boulevard and arriving to an event in style. and then not having to awkwardly climb over the largest door sills in passenger car history.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

SL. Always loved that car. The Citroen does nothing for me to be honest. It's a nice car and all, but it really doesn't inspire like the SL.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I go with the MB
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    can we put the 300S Cabriolet against the Chapron DS?
    If you want to, go ahead. I'd have the Citroën.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Peformance is overrated (it's not like the DS wasn't moderately succesful in racing). But if you overlook it, they aren't that different. Anyway, my goal was to create a bit of controversy by putting two very apparently different cars, that may be more similar that apperaces lead you to believe, against one another.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Wiki told me the 300SL was the fastest car at the time. How fast was the DS?

I - like others - am not seeing similarity here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

I - like others - am not seeing similarity here.
    why not apply some lateral thinking?

Thread Information