Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade?

Trade?

So I drive a 07 honda civic si sedan and saw a 03 s2000 at a dealer today. turns out i will prob be able to pretty much trade if i want to. i have 40k on my car and the s2k has 46k. what would yall do?? its in pretty good shape (the s2k) with minor wear but overall looks good for a 03. i just dont know what to do. i honestly think at the moment my car pulls harder than the s2k because of mods, but the rwd seems so fun and the car itself is an icon...
    07 Civic Si Sedan(Nighthawk Black Pearl)- Injen CAI. DC Race Header. Greddy Evo2 catback exhaust (sold)

00 Honda s2000(Silverstone Metallic) - Koni Yellows. 18" Enkei es 6. Eibach Prokit (current)

i'd keep the Si... just me
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

oh yeah? any reasons in particular man?
    07 Civic Si Sedan(Nighthawk Black Pearl)- Injen CAI. DC Race Header. Greddy Evo2 catback exhaust (sold)

00 Honda s2000(Silverstone Metallic) - Koni Yellows. 18" Enkei es 6. Eibach Prokit (current)

The SI's not a bad car, and the S2k is older and out of warranty.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

what kind of budget do you have for repairs and preventative maintenance? the purchase price is usually not the end of your costs by any means
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah thats true, well its still a honda so maintenance shouldn't involve any major problems. and both are out of warranty... like the honda warranty is only 36k and so my Si is out of it as well... theres alot id like to do to the s2000 but mods are more expensive for it...

Maintenance on an engine that revs to 9000rp/m won't be as cheap as the average honda. I can only suggest you look at specific S2k websites and forums so that you know what your getting yourself into before you leap.

Have you had the car checked for accidents etc?

and while it is still a honda... you can bet that its been thrashed by its previous owners. you know whats gone on with your Si.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

my honda was used too when i bought it.. and i feel as if it was more heavily modded than the s2k. but im not sure or anything. i know i have taken care of it since i got it(though i do drive it really hard)..

and my car revs to 8000+ as well... so it also isn't so cheap..(but still not too expensive)

Well...the S2000's seats are pretty pricey and I've heard people will knife the top just to get at them, so you might want to think about that too before you decide.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Just remember it is a used car - get it checked.

thanks man i will for sure.. u usually just check carfax or what?

Get the vehicle inspected for accident damage, future repair requirements, etc.

Carfax is also a good idea. Make sure it's a clean title as well.

yeah good call. do u think the fact that its a dealership means its any better?

Not even nearly.

dealerships are just as shifty as private people.

Thread Information