Thread: Electric super cars and new racing cars from Porsche, BMW Sauber and Ginetta-Zytek ..

Electric super cars and new racing cars from Porsche, BMW Sauber and Ginetta-Zytek ..

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

The ever increasing potential of electric motors has been discovered by supercar manufacturers. Perpetual record breakers SSC have now released the details of the 1000 bhp Ultimate Aero EV. Due to massive amounts of torque available it will propel the American machine from 0 to 60 mph in a staggering 2.5 seconds. Deliveries of the car will begin in the fourth quarter of the year. A new player on the market is the British JJAD. Headed by one of the former McLaren F1 designers Jim Dowle, the small company is also working on an electric sports car. Code-named the P1-E, the interestingly styled coupe will also reach sixty in under three seconds. The first prototype will be completed this year. At Geneva Mitsubishi will unveil the i MiEV Sport Air Concept, which is also aimed at the sporty driver.
    In preparation for the new year racing season, three manufacturers have launched new machinery. Porsche revealed the latest evolution of the 997 GT3 RSR. Aimed at the GT2 class of ACO and FIA GT sanctioned series, it uses a larger engine, which produces more power and torque lower in the rev-band. It is easily distinguishable from its predecessors through the restyled front facia. Replacing the race-winning F1.08, the F1.09 is BMW Sauber's challenger for the 2009 Formula 1 season. For comparison purposes the German-Swiss team supplied pictures of the old and new side by side. This really showcases the major revisions to the aero-rules. Rounding off the update is the Ginetta-Zytek GZ09S. A development of the previous Zytek 07S, this is the first racer launched after the two companies merged.

Enjoy the links:

2009 BMW Sauber F1.09 - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Ginetta-Zytek GZ09S - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 JJAD P1-E - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Mitsubishi i MiEV Sport Air Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Porsche 997 GT3 RSR - Images, Specifications and Information

2008 SMS 25th Anniversary Mustang - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 SSC Ultimate Aero EV - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It's good to see another former McLaren F1 designer doing his own thing. First Gordon Murray and now Jim Dowle.

Congrats to both of them.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Yay another edition of the Mustang!
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Is the Aero EV's transmission an automated manual/manually-shifted automatic or just a garden variety slushbox?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    It's good to see another former McLaren F1 designer doing his own thing. First Gordon Murray and now Jim Dowle.

Congrats to both of them.
    you are missing those who created the Freestream/Caparo T1, Ben Scott-Geddes and Graham Halstead

btw, aren't the images of the SSC Aero those of the updated version, and not of the EV car? afaik, there aren't images of the electric version to date.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

pretty sure they havent released real pics of the EV. just released the pics of the aero, and said the EV will look like this.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    you are missing those who created the Freestream/Caparo T1, Ben Scott-Geddes and Graham Halstead

Yes, thank you for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Yay another edition of the Mustang!
    Ahhh, I know what you mean. It is getting tiring to say the least!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Ahhh, I know what you mean. It is getting tiring to say the least!
    It's not quite Ford's "fault" this one though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information