• other mammal (specify)

3 6.98%
  • chicken

4 9.30%
  • turkey

0 0%
  • other bird (specify)

3 6.98%
  • my favourite animal to eat isn`t here (specify if you are not a vegetarian)

1 2.33%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: whats your favourite animal...

Beef normally. Had some vlakvark once, was pretty good.

WHy isn't HUMAN flesh listed ? It's yummy !

Ooops, did I just type that out loud ?

ANyway, has to be haggis, freshly caught. I prefer the shorter leg as it's less muscular and a little more tender.

Wow, how did I miss this thread? No matters. Found it now.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Had some Emu, Kangaroo & Croc the other week.

Thought it was delicious
    I seriously wouldn't mind trying that. But you know, those animals aren't really indigenous to NY.

I also wouldn't mind trying bison, elk, deer and rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    LOL. Grill isn't in anyones vocabulary in the northeast right now. There's been a two week span where the high temp has been under 32 with wind chills dipping below 0 and snow's on the way. I know it's colder in the upper Midwest but this is irregular.
    Yeah, for sure. It's snowing pretty hard here. Although you could get a cast iron pan with slats in it to reproduce the grilling effect. But for sure, it's different. Coal fired grill FTW. No stupid gas grills. It's too easy.

I wouldn't mind having a wood fired one though. I haven't tried it, nor have I tasted the wood flavor before, I think.

By the way, I voted cow, if it were the only choice. Easily one of the best meats available. I wouldn't mind a steak anytime. As long as you don't overcook it of course. I seriously wouldn't mind eating other meats though- chicken, pork, etc as long as its good. Plus, I've had organ meat before. Pig stomach, intestines, tongue, ear. You name it, I've probably had it. Chicken feet, heart, liver, even kidneys.

My dad got lamb from a wholesaler that comes from New Zealand. No idea how, but it's not gamey at all. It's probably the way it's been raised, and what my dad does is that he rubs garlic, thyme and olive oil and just pan fries it. Then he flames it with brandy and it's good eating.

By the way, slightly off topic (not by much though), but did we forget about fish? I wouldn't mind stir fried frog legs. They're really good, delicate and flaky. Sorry to use the cliche, but it really is like chicken. No seriously. With really small drumsticks.

But then again, I'm not really a fish lover. I hate bones. I don't mind eating it, but God help me if I find one of those weird ones.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 01-28-2009 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    My dad got lamb from a wholesaler that comes from New Zealand. No idea how, but it's not gamey at all. It's probably the way it's been raised..
    Yes

Kiwis absolutely love their lamb. And NZ sheep meat is unusually 'creamy' but if I were you I wouldn't dwell on how they achieve this

By the way, slightly off topic (not by much though), but did we forget about fish?
    nah mate i left if off on purpose just because it has way to many species, and fish here in north american probably contains mercury unless you know it was from the pacific or something (perhaps wild?)

oh and large fish of any kind (shark for example) = not meant to be eaten more than once/week.

i do like cod, haddock, and wild salmon though. so much fat AND the fat is supposedly healthy? i have never heard of such a godly "scientific" combination before
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    nah mate i left if off on purpose just because it has way to many species, and fish here in north american probably contains mercury unless you know it was from the pacific or something (perhaps wild?)

oh and large fish of any kind (shark for example) = not meant to be eaten more than once/week.

i do like cod, haddock, and wild salmon though. so much fat AND the fat is supposedly healthy? i have never heard of such a godly "scientific" combination before
    omega 3 fatty acids are your friends. and not all oceanic fish have mercury. its predominantly the older larger fish such as tuna and swordfish. haddock, cod, salmon, trout, sea bass, and other relatively fast growing or small fish are fine. and even so, if you are young, healthy, and not pregnant you can eat the large fish sevral times a week with no real ill effects. but if you have any sort of health/neurological condition, it is advised against.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Yes

Kiwis absolutely love their lamb. And NZ sheep meat is unusually 'creamy' but if I were you I wouldn't dwell on how they achieve this
    Think I just popped a vein from laughter

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I don't like breakfast in general. Have never been a fan of eggs outside of baking.
    Finally found someone else who doesn't like eggs. Thought I was the only one. I want to know who was the first person that said "I think I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of that birds butt."

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Or bison for that matter. Bison burgers are amazingly juicy and tender with very little fat. I chose lamb though, lamb is absolutely divine. Roasted rack of lamb, or lamb shanks braised for hours are amazing. Also, lamb burgers, with tzatziki.

That said, I'll eat almost anything and I don't think I've tried an animal that I don't like yet. Anyone else tried horse meat? Food is amazing.
    Almost ate our horse once when he chewed on our car. I think horse is actually the only meat people eat commonly that I haven't tried.

i've had rabbit once, tasted realy bad, probably because it was from wal-mart and was clearance
    Had a neighbor with a house on a hill that was getting burrowed under by rabbits that had escaped. He was afraid that if they kept burrowing his house would slide down the hill, so he invited us over for a little hunting party to thin them out a little. BBQ rabbits and beer, that's good living.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Think I just popped a vein from laughter
    Ditto.

I gotta go with koala bears.

All right, well seriously I'm going with beef, because there's no such thing as a chicken knife. I think there's more cuts and types of meat from pigs than anything else, so that should get an honorable mention. And bison is great, but expensive (so hard to raise.) I have tried everything from rattle snakes to escargot and I have yet to find an animal I don't like (aside from sea food for some reason,) as long as it's cooked well.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Yes

Cool. I feel happy for having non gamey lamb in my freezer. I don't think we finished off our stock yet.

I don't think (although I'm not sure) that freshwater fish have mercury. I'm pretty sure that only deep sea fish have mercury. Nor am I sure about the portions either. But you are correct, I wouldn't eat shark more than once a month even because because of the food web thingy, the mercury gets concentrated many times over because it's at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Finally found someone else who doesn't like eggs. Thought I was the only one. I want to know who was the first person that said "I think I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of that birds butt."

Almost ate our horse once when he chewed on our car. I think horse is actually the only meat people eat commonly that I haven't tried.

Had a neighbor with a house on a hill that was getting burrowed under by rabbits that had escaped. He was afraid that if they kept burrowing his house would slide down the hill, so he invited us over for a little hunting party to thin them out a little. BBQ rabbits and beer, that's good living.

Ditto.

I gotta go with koala bears.

All right, well seriously I'm going with beef, because there's no such thing as a chicken knife. I think there's more cuts and types of meat from pigs than anything else, so that should get an honorable mention. And bison is great, but expensive (so hard to raise.) I have tried everything from rattle snakes to escargot and I have yet to find an animal I don't like (aside from sea food for some reason,) as long as it's cooked well.
    What's wrong with eggs? Eggs are awesome. It's just that chickens come out prepackaged, while most other animals don't.

I think that eggs are super convenient, to an extent healthy, and easy too cook. Just take a little slab of butter, crack an egg, whisk it or not, and fry. You don't even need to flip if you don't care about salmonella.

Horse meat isn't really readily available you know....

Isn't that illegal to shoot the animals on your property? I'm pretty sure PETA would have a field day with you guys. But I wouldn't mind trying out rabbit meat.

I have a cat problem in my backyard. They shit on my lawn. I wouldn't mind trying cat, although I would imagine that they would taste like mice.

If you guys are serious about beef, you guys could try Kobe or Wagyu beef. Super expensive, but super well marbled. And for god sakes don't overcook that stuff.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 01-28-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Isn't that illegal to shoot the animals on your property? I'm pretty sure PETA would have a field day with you guys. But I wouldn't mind trying out rabbit meat.

I have a cat problem in my backyard. They shit on my lawn. I wouldn't mind trying cat, although I would imagine that they would taste like mice.

If you guys are serious about beef, you guys could try Kobe or Wagyu beef. Super expensive, but super well marbled. And for god sakes don't overcook that stuff.
    Well, it's about half a mile from his property to ours, and we're his closest neighbors, so it's not something we really worried about. Besides, he didn't have anything as small as a .22, so we did the shooting, he just cooked and provided the beer afterwards.

We had a cat problem at my mom's house for a while so I sympathize (she likes cats, so she wouldn't let me take care of it, even semi-humanely.) I actually have tried 'roofrabbit' once and, at least the way they cooked it, it really did taste like chicken.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Lamb or Goat, but not too fat! a nice juicy steak with an egg and some french fries is allways good to :P

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I'm a chicken guy. Beef is too tough for me, really...although ground beef is pretty good.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Well, it's about half a mile from his property to ours, and we're his closest neighbors, so it's not something we really worried about. Besides, he didn't have anything as small as a .22, so we did the shooting, he just cooked and provided the beer afterwards.

We had a cat problem at my mom's house for a while so I sympathize (she likes cats, so she wouldn't let me take care of it, even semi-humanely.) I actually have tried 'roofrabbit' once and, at least the way they cooked it, it really did taste like chicken.
    The issue is, we have a crazy cat lady in our neighborhood who feeds the cats. It's not fair that our house is so close to her house and the cats just cut through our backyard. It's not the fact that I mind them moving around, it's the fact that they turn our backyard into a litterbox. And we need to clean up after them. I would love to use them as target practice. Plus, they're super loud when the females are in heat, especially at night.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    its predominantly the older larger fish such as tuna and swordfish. haddock, cod, salmon, trout, sea bass, and other relatively fast growing or small fish are fine.
    tell me more of these "fast growing" or "small fish" please
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

psshh...kobe beef is good but waay over priced. just get yourself some good nebraska corn fed beef and you'll get almost as good of a steak for much less price

as to the rabbits and cat problems...learn to shoot a bow if you live within city limits. I eradicated my neighbors rabbit issues (eating his garden) with my bow.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Thread Information