Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My own personal Uber-Golf

My own personal Uber-Golf

I just got my new (all first) car : a '88 VW Golf 1.6 D. It used to be in my grandmother's holiday house, but she now has a Clio there and thus gave the Golf to me. It has got 199.000 kms but still is in a very good shape.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 01-31-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Congratulations.

A firend of mine has one that's similar. Except that his is the 16 valve GTI...

By the way, what does red A in the back window stand for? I used to think it was "À vendre", but I guess the car isn't for sale so...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Congratulations.

A firend of mine has one that's similar. Except that his is the 16 valve GTI...

By the way, what does red A in the back window stand for? I used to think it was "À vendre", but I guess the car isn't for sale so...
    It means I got my licence less than two years ago and therefore people should be careful to me. It also means that I should drive no faster than 110 km/h (instead of 130), and I can have my license cancelled quicker than standard drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    It means I got my licence less than two years ago and therefore people should be careful to me. It also means that I should drive no faster than 110 km/h (instead of 130), and I can have my license cancelled quicker than standard drivers...
    I guess this is no problem...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I guess this is no problem...
    Do you mean : since I have a 54hp car? It's not cool making fun of me, Ferrer...

MODS : PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE "USER'S RIDE" SECTION (I thought that's where I had posted it)

Congrats . Now drive carefully.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Why does the speedo start at 20kph? WTF? How do you know if you're moving?! Or if your somewhere where the speed limit is like 5, 10 or 15 kph?

Welcome to the boringly-slow-rides club

With the young-people-license you cant drive without older-people supervision too right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    France is really strict when it comes to driving

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I think that's actually normal in Europe.

Here you cannot go over 80km/h for the first year.
    Visca Catalunya!

Congrats. It looks nice.
    Keeping it under 110 isn't really that bad. I didn't go much over that in my rst year of driving.
    Is parental supervision required too?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    On the contrary, I'd say North America is too relaxed. Driver training and education is abysmal throughout the entire continent.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Congratz on the new car. I don't like the way they 'embarass' new drivers. By making them put a sticker in the window letting everyone know your a new driver, and thus, they should watch out for you and be careful. Makes me glad I'm in Canada where getting your license isn't that bad. It's like their saying, your new, so your going to be hazardous on the road, so we need to let others know about you.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Why does the speedo start at 20kph? WTF? How do you know if you're moving?! Or if your somewhere where the speed limit is like 5, 10 or 15 kph?
    Common sense will tell you your moving. Look out the window, and if your rolling down the road, chances are your moving!

You just use your common sense to tell you how fast your going. 5 Kph is extremly slow, basically creeping along the road. So just creep along if the limit is 5 Kph, and if it's 10 just go a bit quicker. Pretty easy to tell.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    I don't like the way they 'embarass' new drivers. By making them put a sticker in the window letting everyone know your a new driver, and thus, they should watch out for you and be careful. Makes me glad I'm in Canada where getting your license isn't that bad. It's like their saying, your new, so your going to be hazardous on the road, so we need to let others know about you.
    As a new(ish) driver myself I'm ashamed to say I actually like the idea. Though I, of course, feel I don't need a sticker warning other drivers (), there are many people that I know who do. It might be that my school is infested with rich idiots, but I assume it applies to the majority of teens. Many people I know have trashed 2,3, or even 4 new cars that they got between the age of 16-18.
    The only problem I have with the sticker is an aesthetic one, it (like all stickers on cars) is ugly. Though stickers do help mad sikk Doriftoz.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information