Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2009-2013

Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2009-2013

Based on the hugely successful V8 Vantage, the V12 Vantage will feature a 6.0-litre V12 engine producing 510 bhp (380 kW / 517 PS), and 570 Nm (420 lb ft) of torque with a top speed of 190 mph (305 km/h) and 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) time of 4.2 seconds.

The latest incarnation of the Vantage family has been designed to provide a unique character, appealing to different driver tastes and complementing the other models in the Aston Martin line-up.

The original V12 Vantage concept was unveiled to guests at the opening of the Aston Martin Design Studio in December 2007. Continuing the marque's impressive record of bringing concepts to market in their original form, Aston Martin engineers have brought the V12 Vantage to market in an incredible 12 months.

Aston Martin Chief Executive Officer, Dr Ulrich Bez said: "This is the ultimate performance interpretation of the Vantage range, combining our most agile model with our most powerful engine. It represents the definitive driving package; providing spectacular performance to ensure a dynamically thrilling and everyday useable driving experience.

"The V12 Vantage has a unique character, unlike our other cars. This will appeal to different people with different tastes, allowing more people to enjoy the Aston Martin experience.

"This also illustrates one of Aston Martin's key strengths – the ability to act quickly and turn concepts and ideas into reality."

Designed for the focused driver, every component of the V12 Vantage has been honed with pure driving enjoyment in mind. Benefitting from race-developed materials and components, and featuring lightweight carbon fibre; performance and agility have been tuned to perfection.

Visually enticing, the V12 Vantage expresses its performance potential through its purposeful stance created by enhanced aerodynamic and cooling aids optically widening the car. Equally inviting, the cosseting interior permits the driver to extract maximum performance ability from the car while also enjoying customary levels of Aston Martin comfort on longer journeys. High levels of power and torque are available at all engine speeds making the V12 Vantage responsive and tractable in any driving situation.

The V12 Vantage will be built at Aston Martin's global headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire joining the DBS, DB9 and V8 Vantage model lines which are built in the state-of-the-art production facility combining hi-tech manufacturing processes with traditional hand-craftsmanship. Production will be limited to between just 300-500 examples per year, making the V12 Vantage a truly exclusive driver's car.
    Last edited by Duell; 04-15-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Pictures removed, too small
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

I'm sorry but I don't like this one.

I'm tired of all Astons looking the same and this one is even quite tacky...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't like this one.

I'm tired of all Astons looking the same and this one is even quite tacky...
    Agreed. Besides I always thought the Vantage was the better looking Aston and they´ve ruined it.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

I don't like it wither, but I'm happy they are bringing us so many versions and editions of their cars.
    it makes the brand live. They couldn't develop so many different products, I'm already surprised they managed to develop the Rapide, and that would have lead to the DB9 in 2004, then the Vantage V8 in 2005...then the Rapide in 2009. in this way we have every year basically a new addition to the family, and even if it doesn't have a different styling neither it is a new car, it's more than a new engine a la SL500 /SL550, just as an example.
    The style of this car in particular doesn't seem to be that much good, it's quite heavy without being fluent as on the DBS, and it makes the car looks somehow too race ready, even if it's basically like the Concept all the people liked 2 years ago.
    We basically have 3 models, the DB family, the Vantage family, and the Rapide, which could considered just the sedan version of the DB9, so two models, and I can't see the problem of them looking similar, especially because they look generally good.
    what about the One-77?
    well, I have my ideas, good ideas, even for that one, already posted on its thread, for which the car could be viewed as a sort of artistic and final interpretation and summary of the current idea of Aston Martin.
    it is a new car in the real sense of the words, and it isn't even a new model, it's the representation, both stylistically and technically, of what AM is right now, for what it stands and what it means.
    I must admit I would like to see some more new details when a new version is unveiled, some new lines, something in a way, yes, different.
    but the cars keep being good looking in my eyes, even this one (some doubts especially regarding the rear diffuser), and all these iteration have a different image on personality over the base model, if we can speak of a base model regarding AMs.
    I prefer this new AM's course, then all the nineties in which we were bounded to live just with the DB7 and the aging Vantage, waiting for the Vanquish, and then for the DB9. all beautiful cars, and even those which came before of them, but now the brand is living, creating something new every year, and also succeeding to give us the idea it's more than simply the already existing car with a new engine and some skirts.
    finally the DBS reached the market/magazines as something mroe than a tuned/riced DB9, and so eventually this will do. In the same way, the Rapide, besides looking too much like the DB9, isn't tagged as its four door version as happening for other cars.
    my two cents for saying I like how AM is doing, regardless of each single car.
    maybe I would start to like even this one even if I wasn't a fan of the concept I must admit.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I like the DBS more than this, but I don't particularly hate this. You guys are right, the hood vents are too much. I wish they could have found a different way to solve that hood vent issue.

What's the price on this thing by the way? I would definitely choose the DBS over this.

Three things wrong with this thread

1) pics too low res, 1024x768 is not even remotely acceptable for modern press pics
    2) all thread titles in Hide-Out should follow the formula "make-model-additional info" to keep thread titles consistent.
    3) last but not the least - we Europeans don't do model years.

Proper pics down here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Every Aston is the same. The only difference is somewhat in price and cylinder numbers. But I honestly don't see a difference between this the DB9 and the DBS.

Damiano, that's not a new car. It's just recombining different already available Aston parts.

In my opinion it's time to move on. Or at least don't so many bloody variants, it's just not needed. It is a bit as if the Aston range was the Mustang lineup, full of special editions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post

1) pics too low res, 1024x768 is not even remotely acceptable for modern press pics
    2) all thread titles in Hide-Out should follow the formula "make-model-additional info" to keep thread titles consistent.

Proper pics down here.
    This man.

He speaks the truth.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It seems that to change the look, all aston is doing is adding more and more vents in the hood/sideskirt/rear/front. A few more years and their will be more holes than body.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Looks alright to me, but ditto what Sledge said. Aston needs a redesign.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Proper pics down here.
    he didnt post it in the hide-out. i moved it there after i saw pics were 1024x768, min res for the hide-out.

and since when has there been any sort of consistency in titling?

no model years? you have got to be kidding me?

btw, thanks for the higher res.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    ...and since when has there been any sort of consistency in titling?
    There are over 4000 threads in the Hide-Out. Don't tell me you haven't noticed a certain consistency in titling? This is one of very distinctive features that makes Hide-Out so unique and easy to search.
    no model years? you have got to be kidding me?
    No kidding. Aston Martin doesn't use model year thingy. Nobody uses model year except Americans.

DBS > V12 Vantage.

Every guy I see driving a Vantage in LA looks too old to be driving it and much more eager to talk about the deal he got on it rather than how much he enjoys driving it.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

i like it. but i wonder where aston is gonna go from here?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

There are over 4000 threads in the Hide-Out. Don't tell me you haven't noticed a certain consistency in titling? This is one of very distinctive features that makes Hide-Out so unique and easy to search.

No kidding. Aston Martin doesn't use model year thingy. Nobody uses model year except Americans.
    Amen, But this is a thing that shouldn't be discussed here.

Thread Information