Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100mpg 5.0 Mustang

Let me save you all some needless debate........the 100mpg claim on this car is BS.

I've spent plenty of time talking about this car with members of a few Mustang forums, and we all came to pretty much the same conclusion: the guy is full of it. It's just a publicity stunt to get some press for his business....nothing more. Only way he's making the numbers he claims is if he's packing a Mr Fusion onboard somewhere.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Only way he's making the numbers he claims is if he's packing a Mr Fusion onboard somewhere.
    Good reference.

If he has a Mr. Fusion on board though, he'd be getting a lot better miles per gallon of fuel I can tell you that - he'd also be probably the wealthiest person on Earth.

Well, E85 is 15% normal petrol, right? He's using some sort of arcane 'equivalency' thing to work out his mpg. Let's be tricky here for a second. Let's say he actually gets 15mpg on E85. Because the E85 is only 15% petrol, that's the equivalent of 100mpg right? Cos over 100 miles, he uses 1 gallon of normal petrol, right? See? Easy.

You and I know that that's a load of bollocks, but hey. It takes all sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Well, E85 is 15% normal petrol, right? He's using some sort of arcane 'equivalency' thing to work out his mpg. Let's be tricky here for a second. Let's say he actually gets 15mpg on E85. Because the E85 is only 15% petrol, that's the equivalent of 100mpg right? Cos over 100 miles, he uses 1 gallon of normal petrol, right? See? Easy.

You and I know that that's a load of bollocks, but hey. It takes all sorts.
    Lol, I think you figured out his equation. Seriously.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

No good, he is claiming like 80mpg or something on E85.
    I'm slightly confused because he seems to have the respect and support of people in his town, to quote "If Doug says he built it, he built it" and I can imagine they will be a bit annoyed when he fails to deliver.
    Is he going to have to concoct some wildly improbable excuse or 'accidentally' burn the car moments before testing? He has pretty much promised to deliver the tech after the competition.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Let me save you all some needless debate........the 100mpg claim on this car is BS.

I've spent plenty of time talking about this car with members of a few Mustang forums, and we all came to pretty much the same conclusion: the guy is full of it. It's just a publicity stunt to get some press for his business....nothing more. Only way he's making the numbers he claims is if he's packing a Mr Fusion onboard somewhere.
    he's right this has been discussed at great length in some mustang forums and its generally agreed on that this car is all BS and that the guy is a scam artist.

Not only has he been shady selling some personal items via a mustang website, but hes also the maker of the valley girdle. The biggest scam snake oil product out there for mustangs right now. The valley girdle is COMPLETE BS, just like this car. The guy is a douche, its too bad hes getting so much attention with this, because he doesn't deserve it. Also aside from the absurd milage claims the performance numbers he claims are also fake. He was supposed to prove (IIRC 11 sec quarter miles) but of course something happened and he was not able to run it at the track that day. It was something stupid too like his muffler was loose or something like that that he did not run. I'll try to dig up some links about this asshole and post em.
    Last edited by Juggs; 02-11-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

toledoblade.com --

This story continues to fascinate me.
    WAUSEON - The man who drove his 20-year-old Mustang from Napoleon, Ohio, to Las Vegas and back last year on 39 gallons of fuel will open his first manufacturing facility Monday to allow others to get 110 miles per gallon.
    A Decatur, Ind., specialty car company, Revenge Designs Inc., has contracted with Mr. Pelmear to purchase 2,000 engines for use in a new vehicle it plans to unveil at the end of this year at the Los Angeles International Auto Show. The vehicle is to be called the Revenge Verde Super Car, which will use Mr. Pelmear's 400-horsepower engine and its 500 foot-pounds of torque to travel up to 200 mph and get 110 mpg - though admittedly not at the same time.
    Mr. Pelmear has said that he employs more precise tolerances and manufacturing techniques to decrease heat and energy loss and increase the efficiency of the internal combustion engine. He said he has more than quadrupled the industry average engine efficiency of about 8 percent.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

all smokes and mirror until something concrete shows up....

~20-30% is probably the average efficiency of IC petro engine.....8% is someone who make their engine in the basement....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    all smokes and mirror until something concrete shows up....

~20-30% is probably the average efficiency of IC petro engine.....8% is someone who make their engine in the basement....
    yep, 20% for petrol and less than 30% for diesel
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    yeah, ok, im sure that the 'Stang could get 100mpg. very unbelievable.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Still the ultimate forum troller.

Classic clever publicity.

SO much made of the prize .... and then .....

Napoleon, OH: June 4, 2009 ---- Horse Power Sales.net, Inc. has officially withdrawn their team and their 1987 Mustang, powered by the revolutionary, 110MPG, V-8, HP2g engine, from the upcoming Progressive Automotive X PRIZE Competition, effective June 4, 2009.
    See, no need to prove anything now ... and uses "p[lausible excuses" for not doign it now.

Time the spam-blocking software was added to include SCAM-blocking for websites

Thread Information