Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Canadian Car of the Year

2009 Canadian Car of the Year

This year it was awarded to the Hyundai Genesis and Utility of the Year went to the Ford Flex. Best New Design was won by the Honda Fit and the Best New Technology award was won by Mitsubishi for the Super-All-Wheel Control AWD system.

So there you go. The awards are given/voted on by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    This year it was awarded to the Hyundai Genesis and Utility of the Year went to the Ford Flex. Best New Design was won by the Honda Fit and the Best New Technology award was won by Mitsubishi for the Super-All-Wheel Control AWD system.

So there you go. The awards are given/voted on by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada.
    I have no problem with the Genesis and Flex but the Fit for design? Mitsubishi's AWD system I don't know enough about.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

man, i really want to drive the genesis.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    man, i really want to drive the genesis.
    This.

I want to see what Korean luxury is.
    From the face of it, it ain't bad.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    This.

I want to see what Korean luxury is.
    From the face of it, it ain't bad.
    What people are slowly starting to realise is that the Koreans aren't only catching up.. the Koreans are and will be here. If I had money I'd put it into Hyundai stock.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

i dont want the luxury... i want the stripped out coupe with brembos they are going to be selling for 20 grand.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    What people are slowly starting to realise is that the Koreans aren't only catching up.. the Koreans are and will be here. If I had money I'd put it into Hyundai stock.
    Put it into Hyundai stock just as this mess is over potentially. But will the Genesis sell? I hope so.

Here's what I wonder while driving hte other day - does this bad economy bode well or poorly for the Genesis? Will buyers see it as cheap and go for it instead of Benz, or will good times mean that those seeking say a TL or TSX or 1 series will opt for the bigger Genesis instead? Are good or bat times better for this car?
    Last edited by Kitdy; 02-11-2009 at 07:48 PM.

What idiots are slowly starting to realise is that the Koreans aren't only catching up..
    fixed it for you man
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

A few people from MBworld.org tried a Genesis and they said the fit and finish was very nice, it drove nice, but it still felt too much like it was trying to be a Mercedes-Benz.
    That's the problem, they need to stop trying to be like a Mercedes-Benz, and best them, not try to match them.

I wouldn't....Korean companies in general are sketchy at best in terms of financial health. They are heavily government subsidised, and involves in many industry. But if one of the side of the company tanks, drags the rest of the companies and the Korean economy as a whole with it.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I wouldn't....Korean companies in general are sketchy at best in terms of financial health. They are heavily government subsidised, and involves in many industry. But if one of the side of the company tanks, drags the rest of the companies and the Korean economy as a whole with it.....
    You have a point there. I wasn't aware that Hyundai Motor Corp was so heavily influenced by those branches. I guess the stock thing was kind of half-hearted, but true to me in the sense that I see Hyundai being VERY strong in the next 10 years.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I don't know personally if I would buy a Hyundai, too many friends with horrid stories about them. But they are getting more customers when the other companies are suffering sales drop, that's gotta account for something they are doing right.

Though truth be told, having a new V8 powered RWD car at this time right now does not seem to be that good of an idea...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Best New Technology award was won by Mitsubishi for the Super-All-Wheel Control AWD system.
    New tech? It's been around for ages.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i dont want the luxury... i want the stripped out coupe with brembos they are going to be selling for 20 grand.
    What he said.

They went RWD for mad cheap. Why can't everyone else?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I don't know personally if I would buy a Hyundai, too many friends with horrid stories about them. But they are getting more customers when the other companies are suffering sales drop, that's gotta account for something they are doing right.
    I guess I somewhat represent the UCP Hyundai apologetic because my family owns a Hyundai and I've never had problems with it. I think Hyundai gets more criticism than it deserves, kind of the same way American cars get overly-criticised by Europeans.

Though truth be told, having a new V8 powered RWD car at this time right now does not seem to be that good of an idea...
    I thought it only came with a turbo-4 and v6?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information