Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race Pro

Race Pro

I didnt see this in a quick search...but it looks pretty cool...at least enough to keep me happy until forza 3

IGN: Race Pro
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    I didnt see this in a quick search...but it looks pretty cool...at least enough to keep me happy until forza 3

IGN: Race Pro
    It's GTR Evo for Xbox. Looking forward to the opinions from Forza 2 heads on it.

Far as I can tell it contains the same items as Evo for PC except they added Laguna and Road America.

are there some chances they are going to release an Xbox edition with the game included? I may be interested, even if I'm reluctant to separate from my money lately
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Gran Turismo 5
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

If that's just GTR Evo then get it for PC.. lotsa tracks and cars downloadable from the community, (probably) cheaper, better wheel support.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Gran Turismo 5
    it's not even out yet, and the prologue didn't impress me.
    comparing them is pointless, while GTR always proved to be excellent.
    and GT4 really disappointed me in the end.

Has anyone picked this up yet to offer a balanced opinion of it? I was thinking of getting it to kill some time while I move out over the next month.

So far the word is Race Pro is buggy and the FFB is weak.

Not a good release as of now.

Bit jumpy in areas, but overall good

need to release some DLC soon (including the Ring & Spa)

Supposedly there is already a patch for the FFB that helped some gamers.

I went out on a whim and just picked this up without testing it first; for $40 I’m not too disappointed in my decision. My personal feeling is that it is the best “racing” game out for current generation consoles. It’s one of those games that gets straight to the point and doesn’t let other features (such as car customization, flashy graphics, or a Top 40 soundtrack) deter from the pure racing aspect. Function over style, this is. I will admit there are flaws in this game and it is no GTR (1/2) or Race07 by any means; however, it’s the closest you’ll get to them on the consoles.

My main gripe is the unrealistic damage and the fact that you have fewer options to tweak than the PC titles. Also, I know this is spin-off of the WTCC game for PC; so this game includes WTCC cars from the 07 or 08 seasons but the GT selection seems weak. Instead of having GT1/GT2/GT3 and running an FIA GT season like the GTR titles, they have GTPro/GTSport/GTClub which seems like a bunch of cars mashed together in each class without any consideration of the proper class each car belongs. I can understand why they did this because of the high costs in licensing, but I still think it’s a half-assed attempt.

Track selection was a slight disappointment. There aren’t that many. Monza, Laguna Seca, Brands, Valencia, and Zandvoort are there, just to name a few. At the least they could have included Spa!

I did, however, prefer this game to Forza 2. Forza wasn’t “racey” enough for me due to the fact that there were only eight cars on the grid and grid position was determined by the cars’ class (S, U, etc.) instead of a qualifying time. Also, Forza was too easy for me with all the assists turned off and difficulty turned to its highest; I could easily take the lead in about 3-4 laps. Race Pro is not the same case. I can do a 45 lap race and only finish 4th and that’s with me really pushing hard—I could just really suck, though.

I haven’t tried the online yet. The reason being that I’ve given up on online racing games because of all the kids that break too late at every corner shunting you off the track, and because they zigzag every time you try and make an overtaking maneuver. However, I’ve heard that the online isn’t so stellar anyway, but maybe the developers will fix this in the near future.

Altogether, it’s not perfect. Think of it like a less-polished GTR. There are many tweaks that need to be worked out but nothing too* major to keep you from enjoying the game. It’s worth a rent at least, and I wouldn’t mind a sequel if they cleaned it up a bit. 7/10
    Last edited by LTSmash; 04-22-2009 at 02:01 PM.

I would kill for a game with decent opponents.
    in GT4 the lead was ensured in some bends at worst.
    SCAR has been the only one to ask something more, or even Enthusia.
    both of them manage to make you feel like going really fast even at 100 km/h like on the road, while the whole GT series sucks at that too.

GTRs still are on a whole different level.

I've always wondered that having so much simulation and steering wheels and pedals and stuff, isn't it just better to go out and drive a real car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I've always wondered that having so much simulation and steering wheels and pedals and stuff, isn't it just better to go out and drive a real car?
    depends on the car available.
    i just enjoy a good videogame, I never believed seriously those were simulations (as if they really tested 600 cars...please...).

Even your mum's Stilo diesel on a proper road would be more enjoyable, in my opinion.

In a videogame, yes you can drive a Ferrari but you aren't experiencing it. I like car videogames, but I think all those simulators are a bit pointless and never a match for the real deal.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information