Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Recomendations for Engine Oils

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Even if he has lead right foot, 9,1l/100km is far too much for a 1.3 litre engined Fiesta.
    Exactly. Average according to the club is 1l:15km. My version is the fully stocked one, weighing in about 950kg. Even though the engine is based on a design from the 60's, it's amazingly poor. 54hp from a 1.3

What would you call revving too hard by the way, max. is 5100rpm and usually i shift around 2500rpm. A steady 120km/h on the highway with no wind gives it 3500rpm.

The days that my foot weighs heavily, have long since gone, with a little bit of headwind it is even difficult to reach 130km/h on the highway It runs about 180-200km on 25litres of fuel and still you gained no time at all because of it's slowness

I don't think i told here yet, but i ordered a brand new Suzuki Alto in White It will be delivered in August, maybe September. They told me before it would be may-june, wonder how long it will actually take.

Congratulations on your new car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ive used anything from 10w40 to 25w60 in the Pulsar, mostly Castrol Magnatec for the lighter oil but Shell Helix for the heavier grades. I couldnt tell any difference between the grades and only went to the Shell oil as the car got over 200K km's. The Fairmont's currently got something like 20w50 i think, Shell Helix again. I'll probably put something slightly lighter like that in the Pulsar next oil change after a mate commented he didnt even stick 25w60 in his hotrod thats running a 70's 302 with FA oil pressure and a significant oil leak.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Congratulations on your new car.
    Thanks! I hope it will live up to my expectations, seen it once on the Rotterdam Car Terminal for like 30 seconds. If it drives shit, i will definately get something else(had this been put in the contract as well, so it can be disbanded at no consequence after a test drive).

I've been using Castrol GTX Magnetic, nice stuff, my car has a big oil usage, never knew why. Maybe 1L per 400/300 kms, ridiculous. oh it's turning out about 7.5/100kms, not bad for a 115.000kms 1.2L
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Nope, Ford Fiesta 1.3 from 2000 with 69.879km, it has even improved a LOT from when I just got it. It used to be 1l on 3-400km. I am so damn glad I have ordered a brand new car, I cannot wait until when it arrives

PS: Fuel usage is exceptionally high as well; 1l on 11 km average on 500+km long drives with just highway driving is pretty bad for such a small car.

I checked all kinds of different things, but even the Ford dealership doesnt know what is the problem. Valve's need to be adjusted every 2500-3000km too when they start rattling, very annoying. Valve seals have been replaced.
    Yep, it's shagged.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    I use amsoil 0w-30 in the civic and the G. light oil good for the cold. it is expensive but its good oil. change it every 6-7 months regardless of mileage.
    Yes, quite expensive but its worth to give some try to use amsoil 0w-30.
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 03-03-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spam removal

i use castrol magnatec 10w-40 and penrite HP-10 (or something), the latter for old cars
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Castrol 10w60,

Here in the desert. Being used in a modified (forged pistons) LS1 5.7 V8 that does highway driving only.
    Oil usage negligeable between 5,000km changes (maybe 1 or 2mm down from initial fill mark).

Used to use Magnatec 10w40 for years before switching to 10w60 in 2004 or so. Had no problems with either blends so have stayed with the brand.

Question, if your car's manual says it uses x motor oil, and you use a different one with the same viscosity, spefications, etc, it might void your warrantee, but it shouldn't hurt the engine right?

I ended up using Valvoline SynPower 10W-50. Beautiful !.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information