Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Reportcard

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Did he?
    a lot of what he has done in this first bit was to repeal as many of the things that bush enacted as he could. there is still a lot to do though to fully fix the train wreck that was the bush administration.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    a lot of what he has done in this first bit was to repeal as many of the things that bush enacted as he could. there is still a lot to do though to fully fix the train wreck that was the bush administration.
    I'm not defending the bush admin. but the train wreck was the government as a whole. They didn't stand up against him and went along for the ride so they have enough of a role in it as anybody.

The blame game doesn't help anybody. Instead we need people to stand up and take responsibility to fix it without worrying about blame or so called "inherited problems." If you were in the gov. then and didn't take a stand then you were part of the problem, so get over it and make sure you're going to be the solution now.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    I'm not defending the bush admin. but the train wreck was the government as a whole. They didn't stand up against him and went along for the ride so they have enough of a role in it as anybody.

The blame game doesn't help anybody. Instead we need people to stand up and take responsibility to fix it without worrying about blame or so called "inherited problems." If you were in the gov. then and didn't take a stand then you were part of the problem, so get over it and make sure you're going to be the solution now.
    im not sure if that last bit was aimed at me, since i am a govt employee, but regardless that would be impossible given my job. but the reps were the majority for 6 years, so there wasnt a chance of real opposition. and for the last 2, bush vetoed any democratic legislation that crossed his desk. there was no way to push any policies that fell outside the wishes of bush.

im not sure if that last bit was aimed at me, since i am a govt employee, but regardless that would be impossible given my job. but the reps were the majority for 6 years, so there wasnt a chance of real opposition. and for the last 2, bush vetoed any democratic legislation that crossed his desk. there was no way to push any policies that fell outside the wishes of bush.
    Really I was focusing it towards our reps in the house and the senate.

My point is that even though you may not be able to get a law passed or you are in the minority doesn't mean you get a pass. You can make a lot of stink just by using your voice and speaking out and making a clear stand for what you think is right. That didn't happen too much over the past two terms until the end when people were running for president. So for me it doesn't make sense for people who were there and had the ability to speak to the masses to say now that they inherited the problem when they didn't do what they could then to say it would be a problem.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    He hasn't even walked on any water yet. Impeach him.

Haha +1.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Cmc, have you seen or read what Dodd, Frank, and Waters have said?

i havent, but i can't listen to dodd... he makes me nausious.

i havent, but i can't listen to dodd... he makes me nausious.
    I would suggest on your free time to look up some of the inane things those so called public representatives have said and the crap they've tried to pass through.

I know I sound biased, but these three don't make a bit of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post

My point is that even though you may not be able to get a law passed or you are in the minority doesn't mean you get a pass. You can make a lot of stink just by using your voice and speaking out and making a clear stand for what you think is right. That didn't happen too much over the past two terms until the end when people were running for president. So for me it doesn't make sense for people who were there and had the ability to speak to the masses to say now that they inherited the problem when they didn't do what they could then to say it would be a problem.
    I always hear this from people and read it all over the internet but it's more of a dream than a reality. Hell, look at the number of people on the internet who preach for the legalization of marijuana. Thousands, if not millions of people 'speak' about the issue and write to their representatives. The only thing that's happened AFAIK is San Francisco is working on decriminalizing it. Plus, the only reason why such outcry has come to fruition is that the poor economy allows for taxing of luxuries like alcohol and potentially, marijuana.

Don't want to sound like a nihilist since I'm not AGAINST public voice but I think it's given too much credit. I wrote this as more of a defense when people fall back on the 'if you don't like your government you should have done something' defense. Then I go with what pokey said about house majority and veto.

P.S. Have those online petitions with countless signatures ever done anything?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

you know what does get progression, really fast as well? revolutions. yes theres some blood involves but some latex gloves solve the problem. i mean revolutions create countries you know? super powers like the united states is a good example. just throwing it out there .
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I always hear this from people and read it all over the internet but it's more of a dream than a reality. Hell, look at the number of people on the internet who preach for the legalization of marijuana. Thousands, if not millions of people 'speak' about the issue and write to their representatives. The only thing that's happened AFAIK is San Francisco is working on decriminalizing it. Plus, the only reason why such outcry has come to fruition is that the poor economy allows for taxing of luxuries like alcohol and potentially, marijuana.

Don't want to sound like a nihilist since I'm not AGAINST public voice but I think it's given too much credit. I wrote this as more of a defense when people fall back on the 'if you don't like your government you should have done something' defense. Then I go with what pokey said about house majority and veto.

P.S. Have those online petitions with countless signatures ever done anything?
    I fully understand where you're coming from and actually agree with just about everything you said.

But the difference is that I was not discussing public voice like you are here. My whole point pretty much comes to my opinion that if you are in a predominant role out in front, senate and house for example, and you go with the flow you shouldn't complain about that flow later when you have to deal with it and instead just take responsibility on your own shoulders and solve it. Because that is his job now just like it was his job then to go to bat for the citizens who voted him into senate in the first place.

If they don't take a stand to solve problems and make life better from their end it just won't happen b/c like you said public outcry doesn't often do much. But influencing things from the top and from a voted position can do more, you just actually have to do it.
    You can call me scott.

I'd say his reportcard is not that great so far.

He had a rocky transition due to making a few bad cabinet appointments that turned into embarrassment.

Also he has dome some stealthy waffling on some of his campaign promises. I realize he's a politician, but hey you asked.

Rocke, I really like what you said on public voice. The general American public, not be offensive to my own nations' people, is really uneducated and stupid when it comes to the real issues. American's of modern generation have been brought up on “me first, me first” ideas and feel that they are owed everything. With a mentality like this, it's a shame that this utterly inept majority people are those who seem to be the voice of public opinion. If there is a silent majority out there with a mind of logic and sense, speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Rocke, I really like what you said on public voice. The general American public, not be offensive to my own nations' people, is really uneducated and stupid when it comes to the real issues. American's of modern generation have been brought up on “me first, me first” ideas and feel that they are owed everything. With a mentality like this, it's a shame that this utterly inept majority people are those who seem to be the voice of public opinion. If there is a silent majority out there with a mind of logic and sense, speak up.
    with all due respect to the more serious media in the US, the thought that some media claim to represent the silent majority never escapes me, when I am channel swapping in a hotel room. And it is exactly those media that ventilate those views as you express in your post, and those same media do nothing to educate and reduce the levels of stupidity, regarding "real issues" as you call it.
    (And before you, or somebody else, will start accusing me of USA bashing, in our country the quality of the vast majority of internet reactions is appalling, and that is putting it mildly)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    with all due respect to the more serious media in the US, the thought that some media claim to represent the silent majority never escapes me, when I am channel swapping in a hotel room. And it is exactly those media that ventilate those views as you express in your post, and those same media do nothing to educate and reduce the levels of stupidity, regarding "real issues" as you call it.
    (And before you, or somebody else, will start accusing me of USA bashing, in our country the quality of the vast majority of internet reactions is appalling, and that is putting it mildly)
    People rely on media?

Thread Information