Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Reportcard

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    People rely on media?
    media rely on people?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    media rely on people?
    This too.

Lets just assume 90% of the people and media are dumb and they need someone/thing to spoon feed them everything.

This too.

Lets just assume 90% of the people and media are dumb and they need someone/thing to spoon feed them everything.
    what you may call the dumb media are not dumb, they make money over dumb people.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    you know what does get progression, really fast as well? revolutions. yes theres some blood involves but some latex gloves solve the problem. i mean revolutions create countries you know? super powers like the united states is a good example. just throwing it out there .
    This.

But do you know why are they called revolutions? because things eventually come back to where they started :S
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

what you may call the dumb media are not dumb, they make money over dumb people.
    point.
    now consider a country where the Prime Minister owns the three biggest channels on tv, among a lot of journals, magazines and so on.
    welcome to Italy, where smart media keep dumb people even dumber.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    point.
    now consider a country where the Prime Minister owns the three biggest channels on tv, among a lot of journals, magazines and so on.
    welcome to Italy, where smart media keep dumb people even dumber.
    So would you be an advocate for a private secotor on media?

So would you be an advocate for a private secotor on media?
    the boss of the private sector media became president.....

the boss of the private sector media became president.....
    Oh, I misunderstood. I thought he meant that the media in the country was already under government control and that the new PM has control now.

I would say that is a major conflict of interest.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought he meant that the media in the country was already under government control and that the new PM has control now.

I would say that is a major conflict of interest.
    the silent majority of Italians seems to disagree with you.
    Google for Berlusconi and you'll find some very interesting things.

Nearly forty posts and no letter grades? Some interesting points in here though.
    The general American public, not be offensive to my own nations' people, is really uneducated and stupid when it comes to the real issues.
    The general American public is very uneducated and stupid on EVERY issue, and in general intelligence. Our generation is just pathetic!

On the one hand, it looks good for actually intelligent people such as yourself or myself, however, we constitute such a minority in our generation that I think eventually once our (idiotic) peers are the ones running the country, laws will be made to ensure that they don't get left behind financially, after all, it's not their fault they chose not to pay attention in school. You can see this mentality all around us, I see it every day in school, "Well, I didn't put it any work and I don't understand this, can't I just cheat off of you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Also he has dome some stealthy waffling on some of his campaign promises. I realize he's a politician, but hey you asked.
    True, however what bugs me mainly is one of his big issues on campaign was "Change", as in, let's do things differently and cut the pork. He constantly mentioned cutting pork, then within the first month in office passes this massively porky spending bill! If you whittled the bill down to things that actually stimulate the economy, my guess is (from seeing itemized expenditures in this bill) that it would be about $250B, or between a third and a quarter of its actual size.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    The more I hear him whine about how he inherited the recession the more I dislike him.
    Yes! Please, Barack, stop saying you "inherited" this recession. You just look like a whiner. If you really want to go after the creator of this, how about your cabinet member's husband? Clinton started the deregulation on mortgages so that everyone could own a house. Which is fine if people are responsible, but combine it with the general ineptitude and "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality of a good chunk of Americans and you get this. So if you insist on blaming someone instead of just sucking it up and dealing with it, at least blame it on the right person.
    Last edited by my porsche; 02-26-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    This.

But do you know why are they called revolutions? because things eventually come back to where they started :S
    nothing wrong with pressing the restart button once in a while
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    nothing wrong with pressing the restart button once in a while
    Unless you kill many, many people to achieve the revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Unless you kill many, many people to achieve the revolution.
    Unless it's 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    If you really want to go after the creator of this, how about your cabinet member's husband? Clinton started the deregulation on mortgages so that everyone could own a house. Which is fine if people are responsible, but combine it with the general ineptitude and "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality of a good chunk of Americans and you get this. So if you insist on blaming someone instead of just sucking it up and dealing with it, at least blame it on the right person.
    Even that would have been acceptable and controllable if the banks dealing with those mortgages had limited themselves to providing just that. In stead, these mortgages were turned into "products" by greedy bankers who poisoned the whole system.

I am not going to comment on your remark about "actually intelligent people such as yourself and myself".

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Yes! Please, Barack, stop saying you "inherited" this recession. You just look like a whiner. If you really want to go after the creator of this, how about your cabinet member's husband? Clinton started the deregulation on mortgages so that everyone could own a house. Which is fine if people are responsible, but combine it with the general ineptitude and "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality of a good chunk of Americans and you get this. So if you insist on blaming someone instead of just sucking it up and dealing with it, at least blame it on the right person.
    Clinton may have started the collapse, but Bush didn't do enough to stop it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information