Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monocle has been dropped.(New Lagonda Concept)

*Cough cough cough! Herr cough cough!! sniff*

Saw this while casually browsing the nets, didn't pay too much attention to it as I thought it was some sort of Infinity or something, but a Lagonda?!

For Pete's sake Aston Martin, whatever coffee you're drinking, switch your brand! ASAP!

i'm a little disappointed that its a Lagonda, but i do like the look of it. i think it has a very unique profile, and some interesting details.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Whoa. Not exactly what I expected either. Yay for Koenisegg and Aston Martin for giving us the best surprises but not the best looking cars.

Hideous. That designer should receive a swift kick to the testicles. I like the title of the thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I really wanted more venom than that.

Really lay into it, will ya?
    Alright.

This, ugly looking lump of metal, is an afront to a great brand which used to stand for fast luxury. It is car for people who can't understand cars, for the sort of people who forced Aston into making an automatic DBS or BMW into making the X6. It's for the sort of person who has to have the latest and biggest object to show to his friends because he has to compensate for having a small penis.

It's not even an SUV, doesn't seem to have much ground clearance, so it's not practical off road. Rear visibility seems to be awful, and the grille makes Audi's look like the on the Opel Calibra. Aston Martin said they wouldn't do an SUV. They might as well have done it, it wouldn't be as bad. This car makes the Cayenne look like a good car and the Bentley Continental GT like an interesting one.

And talk about being in touch with the times. In the middle of a credit crunch I'm sure a million tonne monster that does half a mile to the gallon will be appreciated anywhere in the world. And it's not like Aston Martindidn't have he ingredients to make a great car, they had. Thy had the right engine, the right chasis, even the desginers. Alas, they hadtofail in every single aspect. This car has no redeeming feature whatsoever.

Now I know why all Astons look the same. Because if they had to change the design the resulting car would be so horrible it'd give children nightmares.

Happy?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

By the way, the grill is far larger than any Audi grill I've seen. And that's scary.

You drive this car down the street and old people will hurl curses at you and small children will start crying. I can't think of the last car I saw that was this horrible. Even the colour is ugly.

PS: I like the wedge 80s Lagonda.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

It's not terrible overall, but that can not be an Aston Martin in the future. This is 100x worse than Cayenne.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Happy?
    Excellent.

i would love to see this parked next to a phantom. i would highly doubt that the proportions would be vastly different. they were built to do the same job, with similar levels of kit, and cater to the the same group of people. i think it has a lot of the look of the roller without being bound to the same strict styling traditions.

again, i think that it is depressing to call it a lagonda. A-M should have taken better care than that. but as a vehicle, i am not opposed to it. modern styling with a classic luxury car twist.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i would love to see this parked next to a phantom. i would highly doubt that the proportions would be vastly different. they were built to do the same job, with similar levels of kit, and cater to the the same group of people. i think it has a lot of the look of the roller without being bound to the same strict styling traditions.

again, i think that it is depressing to call it a lagonda. A-M should have taken better care than that. but as a vehicle, i am not opposed to it. modern styling with a classic luxury car twist.
    To me it loks much taller than the Phantom, with a much higher waist line too. I'd say the glasshouse it's much smaller, maybe creating a slight sense of claustrofobia.
    Visca Catalunya!

It looks better in the Geneva slideshow W posted but still very far from what I imagine an Aston Martin to be. I suppose it's grown on me a tad. Good point about the RR Phantom thing though.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I suppose my largest problem with the design is the attempted integration of similar AM traits (Such as the one swage line, rising window line, raised bonnet etc) and combining them with such girth and height. It pretty much defeats the purpose.

I suppose this is what the buyers want, but you can tell the designers are not doing this out of love or passion.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

By the way, the Aston Martin Rapide is still planned for production right? I'd much rather get that than this.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    By the way, the Aston Martin Rapide is still planned for production right? I'd much rather get that than this.
    Yep. Several spy shots have been circulating for the last few weeks on the net.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information