Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOTA outlines ambitious plans for F1's future

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    we get lots of commercials.. and when its on Fox, and not on Speed, its even worse, with commercials comprising almost as much time as racing.
    Yes we do...but North America doesn't count any more, no USA F1, no Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    we get lots of commercials.. and when its on Fox, and not on Speed, its even worse, with commercials comprising almost as much time as racing.
    It gets absurd sometimes. I can remember in so many races with 6 or 7 laps to go they would take a commercial break. Honestly, show the last 10 minutes.. it's not that difficult.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I like most of what I see, but I think shortening the races would be wrong.
    If there is more time for racing, which I enjoy watching, and more time for something to go wrong, which laymen love to see, everybody wins.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 03-05-2009 at 05:55 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

not to mention the chance of having weather being a factor.....a certain english folk would be crying for his 2nd straight lost of title without the last minute rain....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I even like what they have done this year and these new rules are (in most aspects) taking them forward and improving. making the cars less aerodynamic is something i have been screaming about ever since they moved the front wing up several years ago. that and the intro of all the extra rubbish on the sides/top/wherever they could find a spot on the car to slap a piece of carbon fibre which makes the cars go fantastically well when they are by themselves or in the safety of the wind tunnel, but as soon as these aerodynamic "advantages" hit any form of turbulent air they understeer (due to the front wing) and handle like a dog (comparative to the god like handling the drivers are used to in testing due to the "stuff" on the outside)

these new rules will help F1. the new rules for this year have been monumental and will encourage closer more talented driving and next year will be better.

Is there any more word on engines for next year and beyond? This is one of the rules i am worried about, a blanket engine would stifle development more than what's happening (or lack there of) now.
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Thread Information