Thread: indian summer?

indian summer?

for those living in southern ontario, southern quebec, the northeast, and the midwest, we get the worst weather

summers are not that hot. in san jose it is hotter, same with dallas. but they don't deal with the sticky, mucky humidity that we have. in florida and cali, you can cool down if you can find shade from the sun.

in the midwest, humidity carries the heat everywhere. sweat doesn't evaporate because its of the moisture.

then we have winters. it isn't as cold as say warsaw or stockholm. but they don't deal with the stingy, piecing windchill that we have. in russia or norway, the winters are crisp, clean, and chilling, but nothing not manageable.

in the northeast, wind smashes what was a mediocre cold front into your skin, threatening frost bite non-stop.

this winter has been especially brutal, but it seems kind of short. our weather has been improving and it has been quite nice out in s.ont/s.que/NEast/MWest but is this an indian summer? do we get another snowfall before complaining about humidity again? nobody knows, not even weathermen. but its nice to complain about still.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

It was 15 yesterday in Toronto so I am happy. Winter sucks, but I can dig the heat in summer even if it is humid. Windchill is really low quality though.

Getting warm here in NYC already. I'm not complaining either. It's nice weather lately.

What about Houston? It gets to about 100 in the summer with it being a rare occurrence to see humidity under 85%.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    What about Houston? It gets to about 100 in the summer with it being a rare occurrence to see humidity under 85%.
    Same thing up in east Texas. And Dallas has on average 10% less humidity than Houston during morning hours and similar afternoons, so it definitely is not that bad but that doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect more so than the first post lets on.

There are a lot of places where humidity sticks around. Basically, it's anywhere with a lot of trees and/or water

There is a pun there, a pun.
    Last edited by scottie300z; 03-18-2009 at 07:12 AM.
    You can call me scott.

yeah.. florida is a miserable place as well in the summer. very hot, very humid.

coastal california on the other hand, is pretty much nice all the time.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    What about Houston?
    what about it? you guys have an okay winter. i am talking about places that get nailed year-round
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Agreed.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The Indian Summer is normally referred to as a period during early autumn when it stays nice and warm for longer period than can be normally expected. So talking about this winter does not agree at all with the thread title.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

LA is much too hot.
    It may not be as humid in the summer, but its already been in the 80s/high-20s (too hot for me) for a while, and it will stay that way longer. Kinda like what Pieter says an Indian summer is.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

This weather is great, all the snow and ice is melting and I can have my sunroof open. Yay for spring.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    what about it? you guys have an okay winter. i am talking about places that get nailed year-round
    Our winter sucks and I like our summer, so it depends on your perception, but yeah, we only go extreme in one direction.

It seems like New York could probably suck, snow in the winter and 90+ in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    LA is much too hot.
    It may not be as humid in the summer, but its already been in the 80s/high-20s (too hot for me) for a while, and it will stay that way longer. Kinda like what Pieter says an Indian summer is.
    Once you get about 3-4 miles away from the coast LA sucks. It's stiflingly hot, and no breeze.

Thread Information