Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Is Historics and TGWpE4

Phillip Is Historics and TGWpE4

The annual UCP trip to Phillip Is Historic festival has happened again. Despite some reports of non-attendance by some cars they where there and many fields where larger and more diverse than in previous years.

This year the group comprised of Slick Holden, syko, Ibrake4Rainbows, Sauc3 and myself.

This year I will be grouping my photos by car, and providing as much info with each as possible. I'm sure the other will be along at some point to post a pic or 2 as well.

The Saturday at the track was marked by heavy rain, with more showers on the Sunday.

Pic set 1: Did someone mention I have a thing for XJS'?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Rust buckets

F1 pics part 1

I need a better camera...

More F1:

This is the ex-Berger B186 that won in Mexico after setting F1's highest top speed and max power when the boost hit 5.5bar (80psi) for approx 1300bhp!

After a acquiring the car without a computer Les' team have got it running very well and he reports that it runs better and is far easier to drive with higher boost levels than at low boost. The engine maps have been guessed at over 10k rpm, as the dyno they use doesn't read past that, but there is still a 150bhp gain between 9400 and 9700rpm.

The car's cockpit is rather cramped (shocking for a F1 car!) and he wears shin-pads as the steering rack is positioned rather far back. Instrumentation is rather limited, but it does feel it would be a great place to be when on a track.

To much disappointment it blew a turbo on Friday afternoon and we didn't see it run.

More rust!

This time an Alfa - Ricciardi

This is the father's car of a father and son 2 car Alfa collection

Owner was saying he will soon be redoing his cold air supply like his son's car so it looks a lot better.

There is also reports of chassis that is sitting unclothed in Adelaide with someone who has no intention to build it, or part with it.

Alfa - Ricciardi part 2

Now the son's car, with him features in pic 6

The much neater air intake and airbox set up is shown in pics 3 and 4

E- Type V12 special.

Owner said it feels a little heavy over the front, and has looked at was of making it lighter, but says with the front shell needing to have structural rigidity its hard to do.

Pics where taken during a scrutineering inspection. Owner mentioned he would prefer to race in historic GT classes, but tends to be lumped with Historic Prototype as its considered a special. Says that causes him some issues, with trying to get wins, but he just gets on with it.

He also used to race an XJS in Targa Tassie, and provided me with much information as to that.

E30 M3 #1

This is the ex-Pirro car, driven by Glenn Seton to victories that made some of the others look silly.

On the damp track on Saturday I thought he showed his higher skill level compared to there drivers, on Sunday he showed that he had been taking it easy.

Ford Sierra Cosworth R500.

Driver seemed to have some issues getting the power down on the wet track...

Dummy grid before the Saturday race

Little pussy cat, only car to ever win Bathurst 1000km and Spa 1000km

Not sure the kink at the end of the air intake ducting is helping, and final pic shows where it coped a put on the Sunday morning.

Saturday's times where poor, with the driver and owner saying he was on the wrong tyres and that they felt like soap.

Some under bonnet pics of a 2nd XJS, with much better ducting arrangement. Much quieter than Mike's ex-TWR car.

Last 3 pics show a different English rarity - A running car!

Datsuns 1

We missed you Blue!

Datsuns Part 2

My last pics for now, just some randoms.

Come back soon for more, especially 2 Aussie made cars I took LOTS of pics of.

1) 5 Cameras, 1 corner....
    2) There was a rainbow that hadn't been braked for...
    3) ....
    4) Modern Art
    5) Mud wrestling?
    6) Wandering Mistrals...

Thread Information