Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Next McLaren F1?

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    Wasn't the F1's engine Naturally-Aspirated? If so, this would further separate it from most of the heavy supercars like the Veyron, wouldn't it? I would assume McLaren would build their next F1 by tradition (an NA engine).
    can you base tradition on a singular episode?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    Wasn't the F1's engine Naturally-Aspirated? If so, this would further separate it from most of the heavy supercars like the Veyron, wouldn't it? I would assume McLaren would build their next F1 by tradition (an NA engine).
    Turbo charging could also be considered a tradition in engine developement; in Porsche's case that is.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Just remember: When the McLaren F1 first came out they had a hard time selling them.

Also to keep in mind: It doesn't matter how good a car the P11 is, you need a parts and dealership network to sell cars. The Gallardo is a great car and Lambo has access to VW's infrastructure and those cars are dying.
    Are they dying because the owners can't access parts and service infrastructure, or because the owners aren't accessing parts and service infrastructure? Or just good ole' Italian supercar (lack of) quality?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Are they dying because the owners can't access parts and service infrastructure, or because the owners aren't accessing parts and service infrastructure? Or just good ole' Italian supercar (lack of) quality?
    Lambo (and Aston Martin) are having problems because not too many people can justify spending $200K + on a car in this economy, less and less people want to be associated with that kind of conspicuous consumption and finally, you can get a used Gallardo with 12,000 miles for $75K.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Lambo (and Aston Martin) are having problems because not too many people can justify spending $200K + on a car in this economy, less and less people want to be associated with that kind of conspicuous consumption and finally, you can get a used Gallardo with 12,000 miles for $75K.
    Oh right, I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant lots of Gallardos had been falling apart, breaking down, etc etc.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

So this is the real deal then? I figured at first it was speculation but it seems that it's been reported on by more than one outlet and they interviewed the designer.

I tried thinking of engines for this car along with hellcat but we couldn't come up with anything appropriate. I would like to see a high revving V12. Waitasec - just thought of sorta one - what about the Zonda's Benz V12? I would like to see a V12 if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    So this is the real deal then? I figured at first it was speculation but it seems that it's been reported on by more than one outlet and they interviewed the designer.

I tried thinking of engines for this car along with hellcat but we couldn't come up with anything appropriate. I would like to see a high revving V12. Waitasec - just thought of sorta one - what about the Zonda's Benz V12? I would like to see a V12 if possible.
    My uneducated guess is that the M120 will die with the Zonda.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    My uneducated guess is that the M120 will die with the Zonda.
    I think there was a strong rumor about that.
    V12 are probably gone for a while, I don't think we'll see anything new in the foreseeable fututre (not considering 760i and the likes), apart from Lamborghini with the next Murcielago and even the next Ferrari 612 and 599 replacements.
    Which basically are the only two/three sport V12 engined production cars.
    Yes, Aston has a V12, but it isn't very brutal.
    One-77 perhaps will be the last V12 supercar for a while?
    will see.

i don't like it
    this car doesnt even look a quarter as brutal as the F1 did
    that car just shines it shows and makes u feel like it can go fast and it sure could

this one tells hey there i love the environment and i got a 2.2 liter diesel on board hop in and see me going 50mph it just doesn't look right enough

Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    i don't like it
    this car doesnt even look a quarter as brutal as the F1 did
    that car just shines it shows and makes u feel like it can go fast and it sure could

this one tells hey there i love the environment and i got a 2.2 liter diesel on board hop in and see me going 50mph it just doesn't look right enough
    I already wrote those renderings are based on and refer to the first moke up of the next P11, a smaller F430/Gallardo contender, not of the rumored new F1.

Exactly. Those pics are just rendering's of design elements of the P11. The designs for the next F1 will most likely look nothing like those pics. I put them up because they were on the website I got the information from.

We'll just have to wait for a design release of the new F1.

Below is another artist rendering of what the car may look like. It is from the first site link on my first post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Equinox; 04-07-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Thread Information