Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The future!

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    How long do you think is the near future ? I'd honestly expect atleast 50% hybrids on the road in 10 years from now. People should try it, it's actually rather good driving (drove a Prius last week). If the car makers have balls they put out the technology on the market now. Every car maker has got the technology......
    Me and my fiance test drove the tahoe hybrid and i must say it was pretty sweet. its perfect for around town because through most of our town the speed limit is 35 and the electric motor in that tahoe provides basically 100% of the power around town. during our test drive the gas motor was only on maybe 5% of the time.

plus its nice cause it can still seat 8 and tow like a normal truck.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Depends, a 3-pack is around $3-$4. A box of 40 is around $12-$15.
    Free in the UK for all !!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Free in the UK for all !!
    Sad day.

^^^^^^ Not really.
    Means we get to f**k around all day long at no cost

Oh sorry, sad day for YOU guys ... yeah having to pay for sex can't be fun

^^^^^^ Not really.

at least all our bastard children wont have messed up teeth and funny accents

plus, you are paying for sex! every time you pay taxes you arent just paying for the sex (few and far between im sure) you are having, you are paying for everyone else's sex also! Yup, that dude who's porking your girlfriend right now behind your back is doing it on YOUR dime.
    Last edited by roosterjuicer; 04-05-2009 at 04:57 PM.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Hi,

I know most of you might not really be interested in green verhicles at the moment, but still I wanted to open this discussion

I'm wondering how you think about these technologies, what do you think has the future and how will this be done, both technological as well as legislation wise and so on..

Last week I have been present on a few different days on the Amsterdam Motor Show. I got the chance to drive a Tesla Roadster on the press day. The experience was nice, but with all the developments the market is slowly adjusting their focus. I have had some very interesting discussions with multiple people from the business/automotive scene, including our own minister of transportation and prime minister.

You can clearly see the developments going fast now. IMO full electric vehicles have the future, maybe connected to a diesel engine (serial hybrid). Fuel cells are nice but getting it commercially viable is very difficult I think.

What is your view on this ? Did you ever drive a electric vehicle or a hybrid ? Did you like it ? What has more future ? Electric, more efficient diesel/petrol engines, fuel cells or perhaps something else ?

Electric cars of any sort are not the answer!

Where does the electricity come from if everyone starts using electic cars?

More powerplants, more burning of fossil fuels to run the plants, more nuclear waste from more nuclear plants...dosen't really work now does it? Just so we stopping driving cars dependant on oil.

Plus electric cars have sod all range.

What about the environmental issue of disposing of the used batteries at the end of there useful life?

I think Honda have the answer with the FCX Clarity. runs on Hydrogen, and I understand this is only available in California, USA at the moment. This is the way forward, not electricity.

He did say the future, and in the medium future is power by nuclear fusion which is clean, there are billions of years worth of fuel on earth, and is clean and environmentally friendly.

So this means electric cars would be pretty darn clean as long as you could tackle the waste batteries.

^^^^^^ Not really.

besides not being funny, it's expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by WyleECoyote View Post
    Electric cars of any sort are not the answer!

Where does the electricity come from if everyone starts using electic cars?

More powerplants, more burning of fossil fuels to run the plants, more nuclear waste from more nuclear plants...dosen't really work now does it? Just so we stopping driving cars dependant on oil.

Plus electric cars have sod all range.

What about the environmental issue of disposing of the used batteries at the end of there useful life?

I think Honda have the answer with the FCX Clarity. runs on Hydrogen, and I understand this is only available in California, USA at the moment. This is the way forward, not electricity.
    We never complained about the billions of batteries sued in our kids' toys, stereo, rc cars and other way useless stuff. Batteries recycled? Zero. still I don't see a green giant mouse out of my house.
    The old Prius' batteries are still running without any kind of problems, that means they last much more than the 10 years covered by warranties.
    Plus batteries can be stocked, and dismantled (expensive) while CO2, CO, NOx, particulate and all the other pollutant gases produced by cars can't be stored, cleaned, filtered anything, once they leave the car.
    At the same time, nuclear waste once stocked are fine, you just have to wait for millions of years...
    Producing energy for whatever purpose means you have to pollute in some way.
    If the pollution created is manageable is a big step forward.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    We never complained about the billions of batteries sued in our kids' toys, stereo, rc cars and other way useless stuff. Batteries recycled? Zero. still I don't see a green giant mouse out of my house.
    The old Prius' batteries are still running without any kind of problems, that means they last much more than the 10 years covered by warranties.
    Plus batteries can be stocked, and dismantled (expensive) while CO2, CO, NOx, particulate and all the other pollutant gases produced by cars can't be stored, cleaned, filtered anything, once they leave the car.
    At the same time, nuclear waste once stocked are fine, you just have to wait for millions of years...
    Producing energy for whatever purpose means you have to pollute in some way.
    If the pollution created is manageable is a big step forward.
    The only problem I see with this reasoning is that space for storing dead batteries is finite.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The only problem I see with this reasoning is that space for storing dead batteries is finite.
    sure.
    I'm "relying" on progress making them easier and cheaper to recycle (already possible) and space rockets launched against the sun, for as regards nuclear waste (which aren't that much compared to how much energy is created).
    The thing is we already produce pollution, it's just that we don't see it, while an area for stocking nuclear waste is something we see as huge.
    and it is, but relatively to the advantage, it isn't, imo.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    at least all our bastard children wont have messed up teeth and funny accents
    Thank you "Austin Powers"
    Yeah and all you guys are like Homer Simpson
    plus, you are paying for sex!
    Aha, you make the error of an assumption that I am not using up more condoms than I ostensibly "pay for" with my contribution.
    AND on top of free condoms I actually get free health care for that same $1 !

That's my excuse for frequent sex anyway
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-06-2009 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i dont want to get too side tracked here but isn't that kind of a double edged sword for europe right now? doesn't europe rely a lot on immigration to fill the gap caused by less babies and aren't there starting to be some issues with these immigrants having a lot more babies than the non immigrant population?
    its only a problem for overtly isolationist, nationalistic (not in a sensible way), borderline neonazi inhabitants.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Thread Information