View Poll Results: Do you use Bittorrent? [Don't worry voting is not public]

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am a connoisseur of liberated art and destroyer of revenues.

27 71.05%
  • Yes, but I only download legal torrents.

1 2.63%
  • No, I prefer to support the artists and couldn't live with the guilt.

1 2.63%
  • No, I am not familiar with Bitorrent technology.

4 10.53%
  • ARRRRRR!

5 13.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [POLL] Do you use Bitorrent?

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    NZ now has something similar, except they just have to SUSPECT you downloading illegally, and they'll ban you from internet permanently after 3 strikes.

It Fails.
    Guilt upon accusation. And yes it does fail. They were thinking about making the ISP's keep tabs on you and your downloads then you get a instaban. But that was going to be a bit much so they tossed it in for the above.

Demonoid.com is the best, safest and generally most reliable torrent site. But you need an invitation to join up to get the torrents over a week old. If you want one pm me or something (I think there is a limit to how many any 1 user can give out).
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

i have to wonder. all the hoo-haa when the issue of pirating/downloading first started, and yet.... nobody seems all that affected.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yes, i use torrenting, for almost everything, games, music, programs, etc.

It's progress, i recorded K7 tapes, VHS, photocopied books, etc.

I guess it's over to thoose who produce to enrich the content and phisical aspect of their work.

product value is over the top, yet i own a considerable amount of original DVDs, books and CDs, wich i buy when i believe the price is suited to their real value, the same goes for games and everything else, an original will never compare to a copy.

I download movies to know if i liked them or not, if the response is positive i will certanly put it on the to buy list, the same for everything else.

Torrenting is for me the best way of evaluating a product without the hassle. Example, GTA4 PC, i downloaded it, tried it and hated it, a badly made port and with horrific minimum system specs, just had to uninstall, if i had bougth it i'd be stuck with it or having to talk my way into returning it, Portugal isn't the kindest of places to do shoping.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    4. nope, capitalism sucks, they still make huge bucks so why can't us little guys get something free.
    So in the future we can see you steal Ferraris off the dealer lot?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    yeah the 'little guy' argument is hard to validate; they'll say if you have the money to buy the PC, DVD PLAYER, etc, then you are in that income bracket that can pay for the media, charity is not business, and business not charity.

on the other hand the stolen ferrari scenario is not akin to piracy because nothing is being taken from the dealership, you are only cloning the car and taking the clone....for free...this is also harder to justify when its a physical item and not just intellectual property.

Consider this new revenue model for music media; since labels make the most money off of discs, and labels are there to tell us who we should listen to, some argue these labels should be done away with. The artist, with the help of P2P technology, (whether they are megastars or just starting up) should put their stuff on sale (for money) online and the P2P word of mouth will make them or break them. No need for a label to rake in billions. Perhaps we will see labels die off like we have seen newspapers dying off.

Most artists need labels to plug their stuff and to get them interviews with shows and magazines, but in the end the artist's music should be that artist's publicist. And if his own music can't help their career, then why should they still be making music?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    ditto for me.. although, i dont think they have vista. but all of office, mathtype, and a bunch of other fun stuff. im going to try and get Maple and MatLab as well (math programs), but i'll have to do a bit of digging for those.
    MatLab...I hate it

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    I listen to more music than I know what to do with, and try to watch as many movies as possible too (call me a connoisseur of media arts), so I can't realistically purchase everything I see or listen to. The way I see it is, I like to hear albums and see movies before spending the (often outrageous) prices for them, however I purchase copies of albums and movies that I feel deserve the price. On top of that, I see movies in theatres, and go to a lot of concerts as well (where a larger portion of an artist's revenue is derived). People who exclusively download and never purchase however are leeches, and should at least support artists they truly like to some degree.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    they usually don't pass trough the main door and have just a couple of liters of gas in the tank, so it's definitely more difficult than downloading...

jk.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information