Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 GT500 First Drives

Cool 2010 GT500 First Drives

The 2010 Shelby GT500 has finally arrived in the hands of car mags. Pricey for a Mustang?.....yea. But oh so much damn fun.

Autoblog

Part 1
    First Drive: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500, Part 1 - Living on the (live axle) limit

Part 2
    First Drive: Ford Shelby GT500 Day 2 - Where do we sign?

Motor Trend

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 - First Test - Motor Trend

Inside Line (w/ video)

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Follow-Up Test and Video on Inside Line
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

it definitely looks better now.
    and I would say even better than the contenders.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

It'd be great if they sold Mustangs in Europe.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    If sold for American prices in Europe it could work, but do you think it would if it was marked up to a more European price?

Sick car, though.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    You know, I think this is one reason Ford isn't going for the government help like GM and Chrysler. They make an awesome car, and yes it is awesome. But they make money off of it even off people who can't afford it because you can buy a very similar cool looking car for a lot less.

When GM decided they wanted to compete with Ford, did they make an awesome car that was part of other lines? Not really. Where are you going to find a $20,000 Corvette? Corvettes start at the price for this car!

Now, maybe they learned their lesson by introducing the new Camaro, but of course its too late and they haven't been able to produce the halo model.

What about a viper? Nope. No $20,000 vipers. Again, maybe the challenger would have been the solution, but too late.

Ford on the otherhand has been using this model with the Mustang for a very long time. I just feel like they are a little smarter with their Mustang. Now only if they could be smart with their brand engineering...
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it definitely looks better now.
    and I would say even better than the contenders.
    Wasn´t Bertone involved in the styling of this car? At least, I remember there was a Bertone styled orange Mustang with mustang horse-upholstered seats, which Auto & Design called "hideous".
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    or even in RHD, you know, for that other market that buys V8's
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    You know, I think this is one reason Ford isn't going for the government help like GM and Chrysler. They make an awesome car, and yes it is awesome. But they make money off of it even off people who can't afford it because you can buy a very similar cool looking car for a lot less.

When GM decided they wanted to compete with Ford, did they make an awesome car that was part of other lines? Not really. Where are you going to find a $20,000 Corvette? Corvettes start at the price for this car!

Now, maybe they learned their lesson by introducing the new Camaro, but of course its too late and they haven't been able to produce the halo model.

What about a viper? Nope. No $20,000 vipers. Again, maybe the challenger would have been the solution, but too late.

Ford on the otherhand has been using this model with the Mustang for a very long time. I just feel like they are a little smarter with their Mustang. Now only if they could be smart with their brand engineering...
    that was always the point of the pony car, give high hp/dollar ratio. only ford maintained it. gm had the camaro and firebird for ages, but for some unknown reason didnt developa replacement for way too long, and gave the market to ford. i really dont know chrysler's situation with that, but they do have the crossfire and the SRT cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Wasn´t Bertone involved in the styling of this car? At least, I remember there was a Bertone styled orange Mustang with mustang horse-upholstered seats, which Auto & Design called "hideous".
    Guigaro. and i dont think this is really that similar.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post

agreed. at most i think some details on the front headlights are reminiscent of that mustang.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Nah, the front of this car is much closer to the previous shelby than to the guigaro.

http://www.hyts.hu/autok/ford/mustan...gt500kr_r8.jpg (you can tell its the older because of the side the cobra is on. :P)

That in term is a retro styling from the original
    http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/a...ia-106088a.jpg

(grill breaking top and bottom of front bumper)

On the other hand, the guigaro has the slanted front struts, yes:
    http://tuningnews.us/files/guigaro_mustang_tuning.jpg

But the overall design is supposed to be the continuous grill breaking with the front bumper.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

From what I have seen and read, looks like an honest, good all-around car. Just what it should be.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Agreed. It would be nice if Ford could "go global" with more of its products. There are alot of Ford's European and Australian models that would do so well here in NA, and likewise there seems to be a fairly large following of ppl across the pond that would like to be able to purchase specimens like this new GT500 without having to pay to import it (or convert it to RHD).
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

yeah, it seems like the mustang is high volume enough that they could sell it in any market and it wouldn't cost them very much to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Italdesign, Giorgetto Giugiaro

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    that was always the point of the pony car, give high hp/dollar ratio. only ford maintained it. gm had the camaro and firebird for ages, but for some unknown reason didnt developa replacement for way too long, and gave the market to ford. i really dont know chrysler's situation with that, but they do have the crossfire and the SRT cars.

I said Giugiaro.

I think the cars look pretty similar, even if the production version clearly recall the original concept from 2002.
    I don't think Giugiaro/Italdesign was involved in the styling or design of this Mustang, there is no sign of it on their website.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    If sold for American prices in Europe it could work, but do you think it would if it was marked up to a more European price?

Sick car, though.
    That depends on what an European price would be.

My highly uncientific test says that if we take the Corvette as an example the Mustang would cost here 32.500€ for the V6, 43.300€ for the GT and 71.700€ for the Shelby. On the other hand if we take the HHR as a base the V6 would cost 17.500€, the GT 23.300€ and the Shelby 38.600€.

I'd definitely buy one for HHR prices. Corvette prices are a bit too high though, especially for the Shelby.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Indeed. At least you've got the Falcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Agreed. It would be nice if Ford could "go global" with more of its products. There are alot of Ford's European and Australian models that would do so well here in NA, and likewise there seems to be a fairly large following of ppl across the pond that would like to be able to purchase specimens like this new GT500 without having to pay to import it (or convert it to RHD).
    I'd even happily settle for a GT.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information