Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Passed my driving test!

Ferrer, to succeed in your plan then you have to sign various forms during claims/offences that you were or were not driving at the time and they you were NOT the main driver -- ie the insurance is valid.
    To do that is illegal and if caught then not only will it be a large fine but quite possibly a jail sentence, loss of license and little chance of getting insurance again

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Thanks DBR9. That's very thoughtful advise. I'll be keeping it safe in this car. It's cost me my entire savings and alot of monthly payment ontop of that thereafter. So its my number.1 investment by far, and I wont be risking that be giving into urges and overconfidence. I've only test driven the car. So I have it all to get used to. Since I've only ever driven 2 cars in my life, I need to gather my confidence over time in the car.

As regards my insurance. We tried to purchase it today with my dads interest free credit card. But LV.com said the payer had to be the policy holder. So we're trying to work out how we can pay for it. Then we tried putting my dad as the policy holder (as he technically doesnt own a car or have insurance in his name as he drives a company car) however I am the registered owner and keeper so he can't be a policy holder on my car.

I never knew insurance could be so darn complicated. What ever was wrong with the days of insurance, no drink driving laws or safety measures?

Hey, interesting to hear about LV, i went with churchill and they accept payment from relatives so long as you have permission to use there card details. In fact most do im quite suprised to hear about that. The only thing i had an issue with was as im under 18 i cant have a credit agreement to pay monthly so i had to pay it in one lump sum.

Now that you have a car, I know you arent insured but if you know of any private property you have access to. Get yourself over there and just blast it out in your car. I had the advantage that i think i learnt to drive in 5+ different cars for various reasons so adapting isnt an issue for me. But seriously if you can be mature enough to control the urges you'll get when driving it makes you a better man. If you need any more motivation to control your driving in the first few weeks, ive discovered all the girls ask for lifts with the safer drivers
    Last edited by DBR9; 05-05-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    www.flickr.com/photos/mlunnphotography

Quote Originally Posted by DBR9 View Post
    Hey, interesting to hear about LV, i went with churchill and they accept payment from relatives so long as you have permission to use there card details. In fact most do im quite suprised to hear about that. The only thing i had an issue with was as im under 18 i cant have a credit agreement to pay monthly so i had to pay it in one lump sum.

Now that you have a car, I know you arent insured but if you know of any private property you have access to. Get yourself over there and just blast it out in your car. I had the advantage that i think i learnt to drive in 5+ different cars for various reasons so adapting isnt an issue for me. But seriously if you can be mature enough to control the urges you'll get when driving it makes you a better man. If you need any more motivation to control your driving in the first few weeks, ive discovered all the girls ask for lifts with the safer drivers
    haha if i'm caught giving any girls a lift i'll get a good smacking from my girlfriend :P but yeah I'm not spending all my savings and then get myself written off the road again. so careful driving is coming my way! Its unfortunate really my uncle used to be in charge of the air base museum near where I live. So we used to take an old WWII american army jeep around the runway every sunday. That would have been a great place to take my car. But they've demolished it now and powers that be are building houses there Can't think of anywhere nearby that has clear off-road tarmac driving space..

We rang LV today and told them our situation. They said I need to give permission over the phone for my dad to use his card. Then he needs to read out the details. Its all very silly realy since they dont actually know if people are who they say they are. But still we'll see if it goes to plan later on.

haha if i'm caught giving any girls a lift i'll get a good smacking from my girlfriend :P but yeah I'm not spending all my savings and then get myself written off the road again. so careful driving is coming my way! Its unfortunate really my uncle used to be in charge of the air base museum near where I live. So we used to take an old WWII american army jeep around the runway every sunday. That would have been a great place to take my car. But they've demolished it now and powers that be are building houses there Can't think of anywhere nearby that has clear off-road tarmac driving space..

We rang LV today and told them our situation. They said I need to give permission over the phone for my dad to use his card. Then he needs to read out the details. Its all very silly realy since they dont actually know if people are who they say they are. But still we'll see if it goes to plan later on.

Yh i hope they dont give you any trouble, if you do tell them where to stick there are a 101 and insurance companies out there.

well it all went pretty smoothly i think. i already made the quote online but had to ring up to let them give me permission for my dad to pay. the insurance is effective as of saturday when i pick up the car. documents etc i presume are on their way in the post.

i hate internet quotes for insurance
    much easier to deal with people imo
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

anybody know of any decent Autoglym tyre/ tyre blackener thats available in stores that I should get for the car? the two front tyres are fresh but the rears are a couple of years old so need a clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i hate internet quotes for insurance
    much easier to deal with people imo
    Made no difference here We called to query a quote and the dude says 'sorry, have to go by what the computer says, oh, and I'll have to bump it up 15% for doing it over the phone too'

anybody know of any decent Autoglym tyre/ tyre blackener thats available in stores that I should get for the car? the two front tyres are fresh but the rears are a couple of years old so need a clean up.
    Don't suppose it makes much difference, I think we've just got some Halfords stuff
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 05-07-2009 at 04:42 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Halfords do some decent stuff, believe it or not tesco's sell tyre blacker aswell, well at least mine does. I cant imagine there is much difference between products so i would probably say get whatever is cheapest.

annoying fiddly process going on at the moment. saturday morning i went to work and noticed the front windscreen washer wouldnt 'wash'. The wipers wiped but no fluid even though its filled. The rear washers work fine. So i took it to the garage today. They replaced the pump, a bunch of other things. To no avail. They've narrowed it down to an eletrical fault as the voltage doesnt pass through when the front washers are activated. So now I need to get an auto electrician to fiddle with the wires and the valves etc etc. Not a big deal really. But something I want to get sorted so i dont have to keep pouring a bottle of water on the screen every time I go out..

Pics and Info coming into the user's rides section once my UCP stickers have arrived and I've done a short shoot with the car.

I just had the same problem, a few hours pulling bits off the car we found a blockage in the front pump, now it all works fine God luck with yours!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

thats what we thought was the problem at first. but the actual pump doesnt wirr when you activate it. so overnight a tiny little electrical linkage must have come loose or something. now just have to wait until someone with the know-how can dig deep and put it right.

Thread Information