Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The TL; Still runnin' strong

The TL; Still runnin' strong

Been a while since I've shared any info about the TL. Just had the new exhaust put on Saturday, and makes a world of difference. Much throatier, and a bit more low end torque regained from the cat. delete. Unfortunately, won't have any more performance mods for a while. Cash is low now.

Anyways, some pics., and a video.
    YouTube - '07 TL Type-S ATLP Quad Drive-By
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

these look nice, to be honest i didn't know there was much you could do to them performance wise.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

It might be a matter of age, but when I saw the thread title I thought of the Volkswagen 1600 TL, the fastback version of the 1500 sedan from the sixties. Interestingly, German magazines of the day declared that TL stood for: "Traurige Loesung", or "Sad Solution"......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

TL = Tsuper Laccord...
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

wow, that sounded great. i bet your neighbors hate you now.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

theres always been hate
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    these look nice, to be honest i didn't know there was much you could do to them performance wise.
    There isn't, really. I've got about 70% of all the bolt-on parts. We're just now getting Comptech superchargers working on the Type-S. No working ECU tune doesn't help.

But, she'll get up & go.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Very cool. My dad's 1995 TL, sadly, hasn't been running strong since ever. The check engine light always comes on, and it idles very roughly. Sounds more like a diesel than a gas engine.

Sounds nice. It's FWD though, right? The new Type S is more promising with the AWD.

Has to be the best sounding Honda (sorry, Acura ) that I've ever heard!

in terms with FWD four doors, this is somewhat like a "limit". i can't think of more fun four doors FWD (maybe some alfas, we don't get them here) cars.

Nice exhaust. And HAC FTMFW.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    in terms with FWD four doors, this is somewhat like a "limit". i can't think of more fun four doors FWD (maybe some alfas, we don't get them here) cars.
    agreed, but for looney factor there's the TRD aurion and the supercharged mitsu 380 haha.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Very cool. My dad's 1995 TL, sadly, hasn't been running strong since ever. The check engine light always comes on, and it idles very roughly. Sounds more like a diesel than a gas engine.

Sounds nice. It's FWD though, right? The new Type S is more promising with the AWD.
    It is. I've thought about the new SH-AWD model, but even with a blacked-out grill, it's still not as good looking. It's performance mods right now, are also very limited, and I'm going to assume its ECU won't be anymore re-flash-able than this one's.

I've already put enough money into this one, anyway, so I'm pretty sure my goal is to keep her in the long run.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Sounds good, great car

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    It is. I've thought about the new SH-AWD model, but even with a blacked-out grill, it's still not as good looking. It's performance mods right now, are also very limited, and I'm going to assume its ECU won't be anymore re-flash-able than this one's.

I've already put enough money into this one, anyway, so I'm pretty sure my goal is to keep her in the long run.
    Yeah, shame about the new Acuras is that the new grills look like crap. Who the hell put them on there? On the TSX it's barely passable. But the rest, holy crap.

The TL Type S is a great car, glad you're enjoying yours.

Thread Information