Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Some Of the Most Overrated Cars Around.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    why would you say that when almost half of the population has a Honda/Acura and or Toyota.
    Overrated??? those cars are underestimated

What's wrong with a car that is being sold in more numbers than others. So what if half the population owns hondas and toyotas. maybe there's not much wrong with them, that's why many people buy them.

By the way, what is your definition of the word "OVERRATED"? can you answer this question so I cn understand you more...

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    Nissan GTR. Completely overrated. I suspect people only like it because they have fond memories of R34's in the Fast & Furious films, and now a new version is out, everybody loves it, regardless of the ugliness or sheer overweightness of it. Nissan clearly lie about power levels to try and make people gawp in awe, and frankly, the car is for R34 fanboys and people who know so little about cars that they only gobble up the shit that the media tells them to.
    I agree with a Top Gear video that says not all of us like the GTR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xtJBUrfaLA
    Last edited by Black Edition; 04-16-2009 at 04:10 AM. Reason: .....
    Nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    Nissan GTR. Completely overrated. I suspect people only like it because they have fond memories of R34's in the F&F (not Figoni et Falaschi) films, and now a new version is out, everybody loves it, regardless of the ugliness or sheer overweightness of it. Nissan clearly lie about power levels to try and make people gawp in awe, and frankly, the car is for R34 fanboys and people who know so little about cars that they only gobble up the shite that the media tells them to.
    Completely disagree, (and I did not see any of the Figoni movies). The GTR legend goes back to the sixties....(are you aware that the inline six was once used to create a V12 turbo engine for the Nissan 383?). The GTR in R32 shape dominated GT racing and whenever the cars came to Europe they did perform excellently (Spa 24 Hours f.i.). The next incarnations played their roles mainly in Japan, but I think also in Oz.
    Even the new car seems to be able to deliver the same performance at half the price of its competitors. It's biggest handicap is the Nissan badge which automotive diehards apparently cannot take seriously...... guys, it is not a Micra.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

let's see if this holy-multi quote can scare away carlgirl1990

i don't think i've ever heard of a Lada. show me what these cars look like.
    You never?!
    Hide yourself in the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by lowdrag View Post
    Yes I agree the Scuderia is a "smashing" car, especially as it went into the wall here at over 100mph........

Trouble is, the car in itself is fine, but I think special driving licences are needed for those rich enough to own one so they can prove they are capable of handling them.
    as if you couldn't mes uo with an old Fiat Panda...as if the driver who barely got his license and sit in a 30 bhp car as his first has a better ability in driving it than the average Ferrari owner which is after his say fifth or more high performance car. They could both be morons, and as far as I'm concerned I would take both to some driving schools, regardless of what they drive.
    how many Ferraris or 430 Scuderias are involved in death accident involving another car? there are quite some.
    How many involving say a Golf? a lot.
    And how many cars as the Golf are on the street? even more.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yes. didn't you know? when a product is owned by enough people, it reaches critical mass and turns shit.
    I keep learning here.

that's what im trying to get at. THANK YOU!!!!!!
    oh, jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I disagree with everything.

Well except for the interior quality which is very good in Audis. But they don't handle, have dead steering, a bone breaking ride and the engine makes a noise and on top of all that they are just overpriced Volkswagens.

Yes they are very good. At being an appliance that is.
    and finally, I agree with you on this one.

now I feel embarrassed because I posted in these threads.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The GTR in R32 shape dominated GT racing and whenever the cars came to Europe they did perform excellently (Spa 24 Hours f.i.). The next incarnations played their roles mainly in Japan, but I think also in Oz.
    And it basically destroyed Group A touring car racing.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

And it basically destroyed Group A touring car racing.
    do you blame the car for that?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

do you blame the car for that?
    Well it was the R32 GT-R that started winning so much that it was unbeatable so most touring car championships changed ther regulations to encourage other manufacturers to eter the series. For Europe we got the Class II FIA touring cars, Australia went V8 and in Japan they went silhouette racing with the JGTC championship.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well it was the R32 GT-R that started winning so much that it was unbeatable so most touring car championships changed ther regulations to encourage other manufacturers to eter the series. For Europe we got the Class II FIA touring cars, Australia went V8 and in Japan they went silhouette racing with the JGTC championship.
    if a car manages that, why should it then be called overrated? (Has nothing to do with whether one likes the consequences or not)

if a car manages that, why should it then be called overrated? (Has nothing to do with whether one likes the consequences or not)
    I don't think it was overrated, in fact I was supporting your argument.

I think that Audis are far more overrated than the Datsun.
    Visca Catalunya!

Hummers. I'm sure we all agree, but damn. I sat in an H2 at the Melbourne Motor Show, it's so cramped! It's unbelievable! It's so big on the outside, and on the inside it's just cramped. It feels smaller than my Pulsar, which just isn't right.
    All about the t-tops

I disagree with everything.

Well except for the interior quality which is very good in Audis. But they don't handle, have dead steering, a bone breaking ride and the engine makes a noise and on top of all that they are just overpriced Volkswagens.

Yes they are very good. At being an appliance that is.
    Falsity I say.

My M3 had garbage brakes and felt like garbage to drive in anyway but very quickly, which it did very well. In SCCA Solo II which I took 3rd in a very competitive region, I spanked many higher class cars, mainly M3s amongst others in my VW R32 which is a golf with all TT bits. So say what you want about handling audis are superior to BMWs. The R8 is Road and Track and Top Gear's best handling/favorite car. In fact, the two other major automotive mags in the US praise Audi's ability to create the best blend of sport and luxury in comparison to BMW who can only create sport and chinsey plastic crap. If you'd like when college lets out in a few weeks I could take a few pics of my M3 which is literally disintegrating inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Falsity I say.

My M3 had garbage brakes and felt like garbage to drive in anyway but very quickly, which it did very well. In SCCA Solo II which I took 3rd in a very competitive region, I spanked many higher class cars, mainly M3s amongst others in my VW R32 which is a golf with all TT bits. So say what you want about handling audis are superior to BMWs. The R8 is Road and Track and Top Gear's best handling/favorite car. In fact, the two other major automotive mags in the US praise Audi's ability to create the best blend of sport and luxury in comparison to BMW who can only create sport and chinsey plastic crap. If you'd like when college lets out in a few weeks I could take a few pics of my M3 which is literally disintegrating inside.
    M3 (and BMW's) brakes have never been up to the task.
    still I never heard such things about the interior.
    On the other hand both interiors (VAG's and BMW's) even if well made they are very bad looking.
    About the R32, I read a few times it was quite good, but never a winner and on top of everything it was always considered too heavy, something I would consider as a problem in a track.

that said, Audi never created the R8, they played with the Gallardo. After spending a lot of money in the Gallardo, and years recovering them, the R8 was (relatively) an easy game.
    Also BMW doesn't have a competitor of the R8

I doubt someone is seriously going to consider an Audi instead of a BMW performance wise.
    Like the new RS6, which is surely faster than a M5, but I would call that overkill, and I'm not sure that on track they could be as fast, or better, as satisfying.
    Keep in mind I don't like BMW, but Audi either.
    The RS4 was a good steep forward for Audi, but it was at best on pair with the E43 M3, which was some years older though.
    How is an A3 compared to a 1 Series? no comparison, simple.

I agree with Ferrer on this, and even counting the R8 as a genuine Audi, here we say that even seeing a bird, it doesn't mean it's spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Falsity I say.

The R8 isn't template for how normal Audis drive.

The fact of the matter is regular Audis can't get nowhere near close to the driving BMW offer. I'm not saying that they aren't fast, they are, and they are very efficient too I'm sure. And I honestly couldn't care less about that. I want to enjoy driving my car not have the fastest car outhere but feel very outside the process.

I don't know which Audis have you driven, but I have driven modern Audis and BMWs. And the Audis can't get nowhere near the poise and the balance a BMW offers. Their steering is simply inert and having the engine way ahead of the front axle brings you very safe but very boring understeer. And four wheel drive simply does nothing. With it you'll still understeer into the nearest piece of scenery. It always makes me laugh a bit when someone classifies an Audi as a drivers car. If they are then so's a Tata Nano.

And then there's the fact that you can get most of their mechanicals in cheaper packages under other VAG brands. That to me is the very definition of overrated.

(And I did agree with the interior point)
    Visca Catalunya!

...It always makes me laugh a bit when someone classifies an Audi as a drivers car. If they are then so's a Tata Nano...
    YouTube - Tata Nano driven - first drive

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I've seen the video.

I just picked an example at random, if you want I can change it...
    Visca Catalunya!

Im really starting to get sick of the people who automatically make the judgement that jus because someone owns a Ferrari, they therefore MUST be rich pr^ts who can't drive to save their lives. Of course, it goes without saying, that these people in their Hondas are waaaaayyy better drivers. I know a lot of Ferrari owners, and almost all of them are capable of controlling thei machines, on the other hands, the spiteful people who make such comments probably couldnt even get an International Driving license. Asfor overrated, as wel as Lamborghinis that I mentioned earlier, I think the R8 is upthere, lumpy, underpowered and worse than a 911...

Thread Information