Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Some Of the Most Overrated Cars Around.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    y'all don't scare me that easily

Can't believe it!

I cannot believe that no one has said MUSTANG
    That's got to be the most overrated car I can think of. I realize a lot of the people on this forum are from the UK, but in the States it seems like there are about 2 mustangs per person. Seeing a brightly colored Mustang GT in traffic gives me about as much excitement as a honda odyssey minivan.

ps
    Volkswagen Beetle. probably another of the most overrated.
    (the original) 1) is ugly 2) is slow and 3) was built by Nazis (something nobody seems to think about anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by ACN View Post
    That's got to be the most overrated car I can think of. I realize a lot of the people on this forum are from the UK, but in the States it seems like there are about 2 mustangs per person. Seeing a brightly colored Mustang GT in traffic gives me about as much excitement as a honda odyssey minivan.

ps
    (the original) 1) is ugly 2) is slow and 3) was built by Nazis (something nobody seems to think about anymore)
    the Beetle (the original) was:
    1- cheap
    2- rock solid
    3- excellently designed
    4- designed to be purchased by the lower fascia of the population, and financed by a government who played very well until they got crazy, considering how was the economical situation of German after WWI and how it is even now, after two huge wars, both lost.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

and also designed by one Mr. Porsche. Not a bad thing to have in the plus column.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    y'all don't scare me that easily
    You know, you can get banned from this forum once you put something that is very offensive
    Nothing to say...

I would think that a car would have to achieve widespread, long-lasting critical acclaim and/or acceptance of some note before it can be considered "overrated". I don't think the automotive press or even the general car enthusiast populace has ever bestowed that much hype or credentials on the Mustang. Is it popular? In the US, yes.........even to a fault at times. But I don't think that makes it overrated. Hell, the car gets hammered by critics and ppl on these boards enough just for having a live axle.

Of course, my definition of overrated may not jive with others' here.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Falsity I say.

My M3 had garbage brakes and felt like garbage to drive in anyway but very quickly, which it did very well. In SCCA Solo II which I took 3rd in a very competitive region, I spanked many higher class cars, mainly M3s amongst others in my VW R32 which is a golf with all TT bits. So say what you want about handling audis are superior to BMWs. The R8 is Road and Track and Top Gear's best handling/favorite car. In fact, the two other major automotive mags in the US praise Audi's ability to create the best blend of sport and luxury in comparison to BMW who can only create sport and chinsey plastic crap. If you'd like when college lets out in a few weeks I could take a few pics of my M3 which is literally disintegrating inside.
    eh, doesn't explain why most audis are shite, whereas at least bmw gives something to the dedicated driver irrespective of power. i never want to see an A4 ever again, like a camry with double the price.
    once again... popularity doesn't make it over-rated, just well marketed/targeted
    sure it's not as good as some of it's fans say..but i'd say it's barely over-rated.
    no idea how this makes it over-rated or even bad (hey, their tanks were pretty good..)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer View Post
    Falsity I say.

My M3 had garbage brakes and felt like garbage to drive in anyway but very quickly, which it did very well. In SCCA Solo II which I took 3rd in a very competitive region, I spanked many higher class cars, mainly M3s amongst others in my VW R32 which is a golf with all TT bits. So say what you want about handling audis are superior to BMWs. The R8 is Road and Track and Top Gear's best handling/favorite car. In fact, the two other major automotive mags in the US praise Audi's ability to create the best blend of sport and luxury in comparison to BMW who can only create sport and chinsey plastic crap. If you'd like when college lets out in a few weeks I could take a few pics of my M3 which is literally disintegrating inside.
    I think BMWs have better engines and they're better engineered, I think Audis are better built. I think they're both spectacular cars and it really comes down to if your driving style fits RWD or AWD.

PS: I'm generally not a fan of FWD, but the new Ford Focus RS sounds glorious to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Sorry, at this point I have to disagree.

The Vantage is the only car of its type on the market today I can fit my bike in the back of. Now the V12 version is available we have the best of both worlds (so long as the roads are good).

Again, here...

If it a manual I'll happily take a LP640 any day. Its comfortable, its not hard to drive, the soundtrack is brilliant, it has some boot space, the air-con works...
    True the rear visibility is crap, its a pain to find a parking spot wide enough, you have to give some room at the apex with your front tyres so you don't scrape the rear ones, and you have to put your shoes on as you get out as you are driving in socks...

Its one of those cars that is just special though. Every time you walk up to it you know the key is yours...
    First, I'm not sure how you can fit a bike in the back of a Vantage, but if you say so. I'd still rather have a Porsche 911 with a bike rack.

Second, I sat in a Murcielago and that car is really uncomfortable, I've also heard it's really unpleasant in any kind of urban area. But I will never deny that it's both a feast for the eyes and the ears.

A final thought: No car that always puts a smile on the face of it's owner is overrated.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    A final thought: No car that always puts a smile on the face of it's owner is overrated.
    And that's exactly what can make bad cars good.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And that's exactly what can make bad cars good.
    like a 2CV?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    like a 2CV?
    or like an old Fiat Panda
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    like a 2CV?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    or like an old Fiat Panda
    There are probably too many examples to list.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Hey Cargirl, I think Audis are overrated. How do you feel about Audis?

Thread Information