Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Viper Is Dying! Oh NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Not even we (Europeans) are buying Alfas, I wonder how they'll do in the US...
    we (Europeans) are the ones who were asking for a more refined and comfortable Alfa when they were selling the 156, and for a lighter, smaller and nimbler car when they are selling the 159.
    I think we (Europeans) aren't a good way to judge a product...but who is?!

Fiat (as a group) payed quite well recently:

Fiat posts strong March sales numbers
    04/16/2009, 12:06 PM
    By Drew Johnson

Bucking the market’s downward trend, Fiat announced on Thursday that its European sales were up 14.7 percent in March. On the whole, the European market saw new car sales decline by 9 percent during the month of March.

According to the Detroit Free Press, Fiat was the only of the European car makers to see a sales growth in March. Fiat also saw a significant increase it its market sharing, growing from 7.4 percent in March 2008 to 9.2 percent last month.

Like Ford, Fiat saw significant sales gains in Germany, posting a massive improvement of over 200 percent. Overall, Germany car sales were up 40 percent in March, thanks to government scrappage incentives.

Fiat improved sales in France by 25 percent last month, although sales in its home country of Italy remained flat.
    trough leftlanenews
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    During the first quarter of this year, four brands increased their European sales, Alfa being one of them.....(Dacia, Hyundai and Skoda the others)
    That's probably because early last year one the Alfa Romeo plants (can't remember which, altough they made the 159 and related cars there) closed to update it and in the first few months of 2008 Alfa Romeo sales were dismal, even compared to what they are used to.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's probably because early last year one the Alfa Romeo plants (can't remember which, altough they made the 159 and related cars there) closed to update it and in the first few months of 2008 Alfa Romeo sales were dismal, even compared to what they are used to.
    according to the xls file you passed me some days ago (in the Brera's thread) there is something wrong as we already noticed...sales last year were pretty good.

a better source?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    according to the xls file you passed me some days ago (in the Brera's thread) there is something wrong as we already noticed...sales last year were pretty good.

a better source?
    ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers' Association should have better figures in other files. Try there.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    well, if you were to really examine Chrysler cars, look at the interiors they've got. i can see those kind of interiors with the Dodge and Jeep marque but definetly not the Chrysler luxury brands. It's American competitors are way ahead compared with Chrysler. That's probably why no one wants one Chrysler.

ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers' Association should have better figures in other files. Try there.
    the place I was looking for, thanks.

2008 Jan+Feb sales for Alfa were about 14.000, while this year they are up to 15.000, but in 2007 they were even better, with almost 26.000 units sold.
    During 2007 the sales slowed down to the levels of the whole 2008 and 2009 up to know looks no difference.

i agree with soloracer, now that chrysler merged with fiat, chrysler wont have the powerful hemi engines anymore, fiat will drag them down, chrysler back in the 60s and 70s along with dodge and plymouth were great, wont see much of that with fiat...

fiat will drag them down? lol chrysler dragged itself down..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by thevipermanv10 View Post
    i agree with soloracer, now that chrysler merged with fiat, chrysler wont have the powerful hemi engines anymore, fiat will drag them down, chrysler back in the 60s and 70s along with dodge and plymouth were great, wont see much of that with fiat...
    You do realize that Fiat has just climbed out of a big hole by selling small and efficient cars. The recent introduction of the big 'Hemi' V8s has done little to prevent the Chrysler melt-down.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You do realize that Fiat has just climbed out of a big hole by selling small and efficient cars. The recent introduction of the big 'Hemi' V8s has done little to prevent the Chrysler melt-down.
    Aside from being their best sellers for years. I see your point, but chrysler isn't fiat and I don't think people would want to buy small effecient chryslers. Here we associate everything with a brand and no one would buy a small effecient car from a brand they associate with big stuff, regardless of the quality of the vehicle.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Back to the point of the Viper perhaps getting sold......is it feasible that Carrol Shelby would be up to buy it? Not only would that make sense, but I think that would be even better than Chrysler keeping it.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Do we know the best selling car/truck from Chrysler?

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Back to the point of the Viper perhaps getting sold......is it feasible that Carrol Shelby would be up to buy it? Not only would that make sense, but I think that would be even better than Chrysler keeping it.
    He did have a hand in designing the original version, so it kind of makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Do we know the best selling car/truck from Chrysler?
    For a while I know the best seller from the chrysler brand (rather than the group) was the 300C, but I don't have all of the numbers for who sold what during what years. Not that it's really relevant but I also know that 80% of dodge heavy duty pickups were sold with the cummins and 75% with 4 wheel drive, higher numbers for both than either ford or chevy. That pretty much exhausts my limited memory.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Back to the point of the Viper perhaps getting sold......is it feasible that Carrol Shelby would be up to buy it?
    Given that the company share price just dropped 12.5% this week then I doubt it

The #1 seller for Chrysler is the Dodge Ram 1500, followed by the Dodge Ram Heavy Duty.

Thread Information