Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cars Today Need To Go On A Diet!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    this is a good thread i tell you that much. i think its good to bring up something like this in the car world. i wish it was more mechanical than computer at times.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    The argument for heavier cars on the basis if weight remains questionable, especially when it comes to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Does anyone really think the IIHS is out to help the consumer or out to provide the insurance companies with questionable data they use for determining insurance rates??? Is Wallstreet capable of policing themselves when greed roams free?

I have a beleif about driving and that beleif has been strengthened with time. The most dangerous driver is the most stupid driver. Stupidity is the biggest culprit of driving accidents and mishaps. Unfortunately, neither the govt nor the IIHS is prepared to measure and record stupidity levels in drivers, in order to determine who gets a driver's license and who gets insured.

For example, why on earth would anyone want to text and drive??? Why would anyone want to drive 45 mph in a 4 lane 55 mph highway?? Why do some drivers drive by the side of other drivers or trucks, when there is so much space ahead of them or behind them?

No auto manufacturer or Insurace company can build or include anti-stupidity mechanisms in cars. The safest driver is the one who accepts from the beginning that driving is naturally and inherently, a dangerous activity. With this mind set, people are likely to stop placing their faith in the superficial systems built into their cars, which provide a false sense of safety.
    Very true. I can't believe some of the crap I see people doing. One of my problems with big cities is that they (and associated traffic jams) seems to inspire people to new levels of stupidity. Like they're in a contest to see who can remove as many people from the gene pool as possible. The way people drive in LA and sacramento, not to mention seattle, makes me understand all these cases of road rage you see today. I hated driving through there with horses just because of the way people treat you and the abuse it puts on the horses.

But now they are starting to put in systems that "sense" a collision and brake for you, and that's not the way to go either. Gadgets really can't replace good driving and when you try to do this sometimes you get wholly inappropriate responses. Further proof that you can't fix stupid.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information